Việt Tuyên ngôn Độc lập

Mergerberger II

[center][size="2"][size="2"][center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/Flag_of_South_Vietnam.svg/500px-Flag_of_South_Vietnam.svg.png[/img][/center][center]
[/center][center][i][font=Times][/font][/i][/center][center][i][font=Times][size="2"][i][font="Verdana"]When examining the broad picture of the world, and attempting to search beyond appearances for deeper, elusive, secretive meanings behind the misadventures of mankind as a whole, one must look to the nations of the world and behold them for not only what they are, but also what they can be. Examination can, therefore, only take place once a nation has been thoroughly studied; its habits, its policies, everything regarding that nation must be thoroughly researched and studied prior to making any sort of judgement regarding the aforementioned.[/font][/i][/size][i][font="Verdana"]
[/font][size="2"][font="Verdana"]
[/font][/size][font="Verdana"]
[/font][size="2"][font="Verdana"]A nation does not lightly declare its independence, nor do its people lightly support such a movement without a genuine desire for that independence, a genuine, near universal cry for self-government and general self-rule to the point, no less, than the total independence and self-governance of a people, or, at the very least, a leader of some of the people, to show others the proverbial way, and perhaps to guide them to independence one day, whether that be on their own, with their own self-governance or under the dominion of the earliest state which proclaims and is acclaimed to be the true and righteous governor of a people.[/font][/size][font="Verdana"]
[/font][size="2"][font="Verdana"]Before a nation may consider its independence, it must realize whether or not it is actually prepared to take such a radical step, if their nation will truly last through the ages, if this is best for their people. A sovereign nation must consider these factors first and foremost when considering the prospect of its independence, because without absolute stability and continued resoluteness and a true feeling of unity as a people, there can be no independence.[/font][/size][font="Verdana"]
[/font][size="2"][font="Verdana"]Another thing that a nation must consider is if this is the correct measure for its people. Are the people of this new nation going to be under better care if they are cared for by their own people, elected by themselves, as compared to their care under their now former rulers? This is a question of immense importance, and it is also one of the most difficult to answer. Whilst in some cases it may be obvious, one must always look for the deeper, elusive, secretive meanings. Are the people truly united behind this new banner flown by themselves?[/font][/size][font="Verdana"]
[/font][size="2"][font="Verdana"]And when the newly elected rulers of Vietnam considered these questions, they found that there was no time but now. They found that the nation of Vietnam must call itself into existence now, to rid themselves of the former rulers, and to institute self-rule, in the hope that the other peoples of its region may follow them, or join them, however it may come about in the simplest fashion. And so is the course of the world. Time will tell how the many peoples of the world achieve their independence, and it will tell for how long they do so. But now is the hour of Vietnam.[/font][/size][font="Verdana"]
[/font][size="2"][font="Verdana"]The people of this region are finally ready, finally prepared, finally united to the point that they may govern themselves successfully and without the assistance of others. Thereby and therefore, the people of Saigon do hereby declare their independence as an entity. The Republic of Vietnam may now be called into glorious existence.[/font][/size][font="Verdana"]
[/font][size="2"][font="Verdana"]~Excerpt from the Vietnamese Declaration of Independence~[/font][/size][/i][/font][/i][/center][center]

[font="Times"][size="2"][size="2"][font="Verdana"]To the nations of the world:[/font][/size][/size][/font]

[font="Times"][size="2"][size="2"][font="Verdana"]This is a formal request for recognition of the Republic of Vietnam, a state occupying the western portion of Indochina. We have recently peacefully concluded negotiations with the former protector of these lands, the People's Republic of China, and secured the independence of this state for our posterity. We assure you that this will continue to be a stable state, to stand the test of time.[/font][/size][/size][/font]

[font="Times"][size="2"][size="2"][font="Verdana"]We have established a formal government in Hanoi, to serve as the ruling body of the entire land. Our constitution is based on that of the former United States of America, with several modest additions to the powers of Congress. Our government, elected during a referendum held last week, will take office immediately. Currently there are no political parties present in the Republic, however organizations such as the 'Liberals', 'Conservatives', and 'Vietnamese for Labor Empowerment' have gained power. Our elected Prime Minister, Nguyễn Văn Binh, is a member of the Liberal organization. [/font][/size][/size][/font]

[font="Times"][size="2"][size="2"][font="Verdana"]There are currently no regulations on the economy, however numerous regulations are expected to be passed soon, such as laws against child labor, a ten hour workday, numerous tax laws, and numerous other social programs. A minimum wage is also proposed. [/font][/size][/size][/font]

[font="Times"][size="2"][size="2"][font="Verdana"]The Republic of Vietnam fully expects to be a fully-functioning state once the government passes its initial resolutions. We await your recognition.[/font][/size][/size][/font]
[font="Times"][size="2"][size="2"][font="Verdana"]
Thank you.[/font][/size][/size][/font][/center][/size][/size][/center]

Edited by Mergerberger II

[b]President Moshum[/b]

[i]"We hereby recognize the Republic Of Vietnam. We hope to see a steady government reign supreme in the area, while also promoting capitalist principles to assist in your developing economy."

[/i](OOC - Capitalism :wub:)