Bohovia invites the world to the Presidential Palace...

ottawa1234

It was certainly an excellent meal, but he'd just barely started it when the Prime minister stood andgave the toast.

"Aye, peace and stability!" Jackson may have been a bit of an eccentric at times, and he had his share of vices...but he had been a marine, and knew firsthand that war truly is hell, so he enthusiastically raised his glass.

It only takes one person to start a dream...and the one of peace would never die as long as there was conflict and strife anywhere in the world.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While everyone was eating, the Prime Minister of Kanvers tapped his glass and got to his feet, intending to make a speech - one he would make up as he went along.
"Gentlemen, ladies", he said, in his deep, measured, confident and calm voice. "I would like to offer my personal thanks to the very kind and hospitable people of Bohovia, and I would like to warmly inform you that every person seated here today is welcome to Kanvers at any time." He straightened his deep blue tie, his smart black suit remaining, as ever, creaseless. "We are here to extend the warm hand of diplomatic relations, in order to build a better future for all the people. We are here after recent wars; here to ensure that conflicts can be prevented in future. Today I made a decision, whether I should, or shouldn't, will, or won't, stand up today and make this speech. And now it is time we made a decision to ensure the fairest, and best future for all the people that do and will call our planet home. This is our chance to change the world we live in for the better. Today is our chance to declare our unanimous support for peace. We in Kanvers take no joy in war, but we do what needs be done. We must continue to voice our support for peace, but at the same time we must keep our nations secure. And we can only do this, my friends, in unity. And so, let us move forward into this new age. My nations motto - 'The door can only be opened once the spirit is free' - and now the door is open. It is time we take this step. Thank you."

The Prime Minister sat back down, as a smattering of applause was heard.

The Prime Minister, stood out of his seat and joined the dozens that were applauding the Prime Minister of Kanvers speech. After the applause subsided the Prime Minister made his way to the stage again.

"Thank you very much, for that truely moving speech. While we are on the subject of peace, I have just been informed a group of 1400 citizens of Bohovia, have put together the following video, to promote what we are all here for...peace. The Bohovians strive for it, and so does the world. Enjoy the video."

A large projector screen in the center of the ball room slowly came down from the ceiling. At the same time, two, seperate projector screens, one on the left and on the right of the large main screen, came down from the ceiling.

The two, projector screens on the left and right of the main screen, projected the flags of the nations attending, with the Bohovian flag in the middle of the group of flags. The main screen, then turned blue for a split second, before going into video mode and the video began:

[size="6"][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kjf_L328s&feature=related"]CLICK HERE TO SEE THE VIDEO[/url][/size]

Edited by ottawa1234

The Prime Minister applauded as the video finished. He was still smiling as he produced a bottle of Kanvers's finist whisky, and offered it around the table, grinning at the Bohovian PM and commenting "Your people certainly know how to make a moving video", glancing at his watch and feeling sad as he realised the meal was nearing an end.

[quote name='king of cochin' date='11 May 2010 - 12:33 AM' timestamp='1273538021' post='2294175']
Gen. Mohammad Faraz is dressed in a dark blue double breasted suit with a neck tie bearing the heraldic arms of Xinjiang Police. The warm reception received in one of his rare diplomatic missions had really brought the veteran cop to a pleasant mood. Now as he walked inside the artistically and luxuriously appointed Palace, Gen. Faraz looked around for some familiar face. He is new to diplomacy and is not rather wont to be totally at ease in such parties.
[/quote]

Prime Minister JimBob Brown spotted the general and shook hands with him across the table. "Mr Faraz, isn't it? Pleasure to meet you, sir, pleasure. I hope you are enjoying yourself? What do you think of Bohovia, then?

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='15 May 2010 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1273938102' post='2298756']
Oceana almost cried at the video. You see, this was Isocoles dream. Only one country. One religion. One world united as one.

She stood and applauded also.
[/quote]

JimBob also got to his feet as he applauded, wiping a tear of happiness from the corner of his eye and wishing he would never have to leave Bohovia.

Edited by JimBob

[quote name='ottawa1234' date='11 May 2010 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1273608864' post='2295056']
The Prime Minister spoke over the microphone

"Good Afternoon. Ladies, Gentleman, Delegates and Leader alike. I would like to formally welcome all of you, to this gathering, dedicated to promoting peace. To begin the afternoon, I will give a very short speech, regarding why we are all here, today. We will then have a large dinner buffet, where representative of each nation, can talk to each other, or talk to myself, about foreign relations, or about the weather. If any representative would like to speak at anytime after my speech, they are welcome to take the stage and speak their mind. Without further ado lets begin"

The lights slowly dimmed, and a single spot light, was shining on the president.

"No matter where we come from, we are all human beings. We seek happiness and try to avoid suffering, of not only ourselves but of our citizens. But, at the end of the day, though we [i]seek[/i] happiness it can only be acheived if we enliminate ignorance, selfishness and greed. The problems we face today, such as war, or all human created, which can be resolved with human effort and understanding, or as we like to call it...diplomacy. Why should our citizens suffer, from comflicts and mistakes commited by the governemnt of a country? There is no reason and no excuse why. Take the wars that took place around Bohovia, against the Tahoe Republic, attackers accused Tahoe of being a rogue nation. Yet, while accused the government of being rogue, innocent civilians of Tahoe were killed, while the government faced little or no death counts. This is not fair for the victims and their families. There is no reason diplomacy would not work on a situation like the one that occurred in the Tahoe Republic. I understand, that in some circumstances, diplomacy wouldn't work, for example if the defending nation is rogue and is actively attacking another nation for no reason, but even in a situation like this, you can attack in a way that completely leaves citizens unharmed, such ways include avoiding missile strikes in areas with civilians or cutting off supplies to that nations people. In my eyes, making citizens suffer for a war between governments is a war crime and is unacceptable. This is why, in the effort for peace, I am willing to sign a Non Aggression Pact, with each and every one of the nations here today. You will never see Bohovia support a nation that purposely kills other countries citizens, and I dont think anyone here would. If were going to achieve peace throughout our fragile world, our first step, is to have more conferences like this. My government is currently organizing a program, that would see a gathering like this occur once every year (OOC: CN Year), that would officially be called the World Peace Conference, nations would be able to nominate there own country for the hosting of the event and officials would decide who is granted hosting privileges and responsibilities, the host nation would decide who is awarded the next World Peace Conference hosting. Every 5 years, the conference would return to Bohovia. This event is still in the works, and I encourage everyone here today to give opinions on this program. I pray for all of us, oppressor and friend, that together we succeed in building a better world through human understanding and love, and that in doing so we may reduce the pain and suffering of all sentient beings. Thank you"
[/quote]

The Prime Minister had wnated to remark on the speech a while ago, but had not wanted to interupt. Now, however, he made eye contact with the Bohovian President and said "I think this 'World Peace Conference' is a fantastic idea. I would like to have Kanvers considered as a future host of the conference".

[quote name='JimBob' date='15 May 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1273937954' post='2298753']
The Prime Minister applauded as the video finished. He was still smiling as he produced a bottle of Kanvers's finist whisky, and offered it around the table, grinning at the Bohovian PM and commenting "Your people certainly know how to make a moving video", glancing at his watch and feeling sad as he realised the meal was nearing an end.
[/quote]

The Bohovian PM, accepted the Prime Ministers offer of Kanvers finest whiskey

"They sure do. I will pass the message. They will be very happy to know the video they made has such an affect on their leaders"

The Bohovian PM, took a large sip of Kanvers finest whiskey and smiled

"Your nation sure knows how to make quality whiskey! This is wonderful!" he said to the Prime Minister of Kanvers

[quote name='JimBob' date='15 May 2010 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1273940962' post='2298818']
The Prime Minister had wnated to remark on the speech a while ago, but had not wanted to interupt. Now, however, he made eye contact with the Bohovian President and said "I think this 'World Peace Conference' is a fantastic idea. I would like to have Kanvers considered as a future host of the conference".
[/quote]

"We thank you. We would love to have your nation considered as soon as I make the event public" the Prime Minister replied with a smile

[quote name='JimBob' date='15 May 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1273940438' post='2298808']
JimBob also got to his feet as he applauded, wiping a tear of happiness from the corner of his eye and wishing he would never have to leave Bohovia.
[/quote]

The Prime Minister of Bohovia approached General Mohammed Faraz and shook his hand

"Welcome to Bohovia my friend. Glad to see you could make at and that the video has such an effect on you and everyone here, the citizens who made the video are going to very happy knowing the good they have done"

[quote name='JimBob' date='15 May 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1273940350' post='2298807']
Prime Minister JimBob Brown spotted the general and shook hands with him across the table. "Mr Faraz, isn't it? Pleasure to meet you, sir, pleasure. I hope you are enjoying yourself? What do you think of Bohovia, then?
[/quote]

"Ah yes, Mr. Brown, my name is Faraz. Oh yes, I am greatly enjoying myself, thank you," the General said on being greeted by the Prime Minister of Kanvers. "From what I have seen Bohovia is indeed a charming country, I am quite glad that my first diplomatic visit is to such a nation."

The General was generally in a merry mood, however the infusion of wines did however cause him to ask out this question, "Forgive me for my insolence, Prime Minister, I am afraid I was not briefed by our Foreign Ministry about your nation. May I know where it is located?"

Daniel clenched his hand, visibly haveing some sort of internal struggle. The single tear that finally trickled down his eye proved that even hardened soldiers could have a moment of 'weakness.'

"Excuse me a moment," he mumbled to the other persons at the table, standing and heading to the bathroom before he completely lost control of his emotions.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='15 May 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1273961940' post='2299093']
Daniel clenched his hand, visibly haveing some sort of internal struggle. The single tear that finally trickled down his eye proved that even hardened soldiers could have a moment of 'weakness.'

"Excuse me a moment," he mumbled to the other persons at the table, standing and heading to the bathroom before he completely lost control of his emotions.
[/quote]

The Bohovian Prime Minister, Aruj Sampson. Excused himself, to check on Daniel as he had been gone for a while

He found him, half way to the bathroom and quickly approached, putting a hand on his back and comforting him

"Theres no shame in showing emotions of war. Its a terrible event and I can relate with your deep rooted feelings about it. This is why I have set this meeting up, to ensure war can be minimized. When your ready, please do come back to the Grand Ball Room, if you need anything at all, you can call me or any employees working."

The Prime Minister once again took center stage

"Ladies and gentleman. The clock is about to strike 9pm and I regretfully announce, that this gathering is coming to an end. I hope you had a great time and that you have nothing but good things to say about Bohovia when you get home. More importantly, I hope we all walk out of this conference with the mentality that war can be ended, if we all work together as a global community. We also would like to encourage each and every nation, to apply for hosting privileges on the next World Peace Conference, which because of the success of this conference, will begin next year. Your limousine's have arrived at the front of the palace and are waiting for you, as well as citizens and press. Once again thank you for coming and help spread the peace"

The Prime Minister, walked off the stage, to standing ovation's. The conference was finished.

Music played, as the leaders and delegates got out of their seats, and got ready to depart. The Prime Minister of Bohovia, quickly shook hands with all of the leaders and delegates and said,

"Thank you for coming, I hope you had a great time"