Sucking too hard on your lollipop, oh love's gonna get you down

Sargun II

[b]<//Classified//Diplomacy>[/b]

Thirteen representatives from Cochin, eleven of them being fish-farm engineers and two of them actual government representatives, were invited to come from India to Casablanca to discuss a matter of foreign relations.

"Hello, Mr. Varma." Queen Peaceheart greeted the representative by the arm and placed a friendly kiss on the cheek. "It has been a long time since a Cochin diplomat entered Carthage, but let us not dwell on the past." She smiled and led the representatives to a diplomatic room while the Agriculture/Natural Resources were directed to the Agriculture/Natural Resources room.

"To be frank, Mr. Varma, I am worried that while Carthage may have strong ties with all of civilized Africa, we are missing out on the Asian side. While the Americas are enveloped in a silly war and we have close ties with Rebel Army and other nations in Europe, we find that now is the perfect time to pick a partner that we have had a history with in the past. We want you, a stable bastion of progress in Asia, to be our partner as we strive to create a better world."

"The Kingdom has for long been interested in improving its relations with Carthage, even during the times when our nations were at slightly cooler relations. So indeed, we welcome this opportunity to improve our relations with your nation. As regards cooperation, we believe that international trade and cooperation is indeed the very harbinger of peace and guarantor of stability. So what level of relations would Carthage be interested in?"

"Carthage is interested in relations of trade, cooperation, and optional defence. Obviously, a binding pact of any kind would not be beneficial in the early stages of our new government, but an optional pact to show that we mean business is not out of the question. Indeed, the activation - or lack - of the treaty would show just how committed we are to a new relationship and be a stepping stone to a future together."

We understand that the Kingdom of Cochin doesnt really find the idea of Optional Defense pleasing, but we are hoping that they would allow for Optional Defense to be present in the treaties wording.

"Interesting," KP Varma said thoughtfully, and after a minute of thought replied, " Your Excellency, we find merit in your proposal. Indeed a treaty on that line would be a worthy precursor to more stronger relations in the future. We are a bit unsure with regards to Optional defense clause. However we understand the sentiment expressed by you, for it being a test of the strength of our relations, so we can agree to that too. Is there any other matter you wish to discuss, Madam?"

"Trust me. As much as you find insecurity in Optional Defence clauses, I too despite them. I do, however, see them as a more powerful way to start a relationship and that perhaps some good can come of it after all. Either way, aren't mutual defence pacts just glorified optional ones?" She let out a laugh and turned to her partner to the right. "I have a proposal of a different kind but that is for another day, my Cochinese friend."

"Very well, Your Excellency. If perhaps you have a draft proposal, I am authorized to sign it in the name of the King of Cochin." KP Varma said smiling.

OOC: Not Cochinese, not Cochinian, not Cochiite, just Cochin, :D

Friendship Treaty

Article I. Non-Aggression

Neither power shall engage in armed conflict with the other. Both countries agree to respect the sovereign territory of one another.

Article II. General Agreement on Trade and Tariffs

Both countries shall remove tariffs on aquaculture effective next fiscal year. Both countries will be willing to endorse non-state projects that involve companies or entities from both states involving agriculture or aquaculture.

Article III. Optional Defence

Both countries will institute an optional defence clause, whereas an act of aggression on one nation may be treated as an act of aggression on another.

Article IV. Termination

This pact may be terminated with 30 days (2 IRL Days) notice.

"The Kingdom of Cochin agrees to this draft proposal," KP Varma said before placing the authorizing signature upon the document,

[quote]Signed for the Kingdom of Cochin,

HH Kerala Varma,
The King of Cochin.[/quote]