Joint Statement from RIA and PC

Thunder Strike

[quote]
[center][img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070324210728/cybernations/images/7/7d/RIA.jpg[/img][/center]

A couple of months ago, RIA's forums were hacked using an exploit in IPB. In the wake of the hacking, two accounts on our boards were accessed using cracked passwords, including the admin account belonging to Thunderstrike. After analysis of the evidence by our own people as well as a few others including cooperation from TOP, the facts were as follows.

Tilton53, a member of TOP, had registered an account on the RIA forums the day after we had converted to SMF.
A few minutes after registering, Tilton looked up Thunderstrike's account.
While viewing Thunderstrike's profile (the only account he looked up on the board), Tilton manually logged out of his account.
22 seconds later, someone with the same IP and useragent information as Tilton53 (the same information associated with his account on the TOP boards) logged into Thunderstrike's account.
A screenshot was immediately taken from TS's account.
While this was going on, Thunderstrike was informed that 600 of RIA's passwords had been compromised by the hacking, and he immediately went and changed his password. This subsequently resulted in the other user being locked out.
A few minutes later, a second account, this time a former member and current diplomat from another alliance, was accessed by the same IP and useragent.
This account was used to post a topic signed by the "CN Hacker" containing the screenshot taken from Thunderstrike's account and generally taunt us.

Tilton denied everything except for registering the Tilton53 account, but also claimed to be leaving the game. Under the circumstances, since, while accessing a government account using a cracked password is rather serious, he hadn't had a chance to do any serious damage with it, we decided not to press the issue. Tilton then apparently changed his mind and applied to Poison Clan. Tilton managed to provide or have provided hypothetical scenarios which could potentially explain each piece of evidence assuming that someone was trying to frame him. While the story, from our perspective, seemed far-fetched when taken as a whole, it was strong enough to convince Poison Clan that there was a significant level of doubt as to his guilt.

This lead to an extended and rather public negotiating process, which I'm sure many of you who are plugged into the grapevine probably heard about. Suffice it to say that the end result was a deal which would see 600 tech in reps paid to the people affected by the account break ins. This agreement was reached a few days ago and we then went our separate ways.

Today, Lanna, a friend of Tilton, came forward with the information that she had been protecting Tilton who had come to her after he had done the initial hacking of our boards. She had used this to warn us that our passwords were compromised at the time of the hacking but had held back on revealing Tilton's full involvement.

[url=http://img688.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=tiltonhackedria.png]Logs of a conversation discussing the hackings[/url] (There are seven images in a slideshow format)

In light of the new information, Tilton's involvement seems significantly larger than initially believed and his guilt more clear cut. RIA has not made a habit of using prolonged attacks as a punishment, however, in this instance, we are declaring Tilton an enemy of the Random Insanity Alliance..
(OOC: We will also be looking into pressing charges)

[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/TwistedRebelDB47/Cybernations/PC%20Flags/poisonclania9.png[/IMG]

[u]From Poison Clan:[/u][/center]

When Tilton came to us our best techies looked at the situation. In our minds there was enough doubt to give the guy a chance; you know guilty until proven innocent. Today we received the Lanna Logs and we no longer doubt his guilt.

We at Poison Clan have no problem standing up for what we feel is right but that does not include people that intentionally mislead us. Tilton is hereby expelled from Poison Clan, he's all yours.

signed/
TwistedRebelDB47 - Master Killer
Derwood1 - The Dealthstalker Scorpion[/quote]

Edited by Thunder Strike

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We arnt willing to go on a witch hunt, We needed to know that Tilton was Guilty. The Lanna logs did really prove that. It would have been nice if that happened before everyone put so much time/effort into it but meh. Happy to have a good out come.

So much for a neutral analysis of the situation. :P

That said, assuming those logs are real they are pretty damning. At least this is resolved.

Edited by Sunstar

[quote name='Sunstar' date='29 April 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1272514974' post='2279374']
So much for a neutral analysis of the situation.

That said, if those logs are real they are pretty damning.
[/quote]

There is no need of a neutral analysis anymore. The logs are real.

[quote name='Duckz3' date='29 April 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1272514874' post='2279368']
We arnt willing to go on a witch hunt, We needed to know that Tilton was Guilty. The Lanna logs did really prove that. It would have been nice if that happened before everyone put so much time/effort into it but meh. Happy to have a good out come.
[/quote]

Lanna's log are taken out of context, She is an old friend and we have been joking about this RIA issue for almost 3 months now; But if we want to convict someone based on one sets of Logs in which they never admit to the hacking go ahead.

[quote]<@Tilly> <Hyperonic[RIA]> Too bad you have no balls.
<@Tilly> <Tilly> Dude I am calling these the most taken out of context logs ever
<@Tilly> <Tilly> Have fun
<\> Actually, page 6 doesn't much help you.
<@Tilly> I noticed that but I was refering to how I handled the situation
<@Tilly> :/
<\> She does kind of continually say that you did it and you gloss over it. You probably should have done a better job of denying it.
<@Tilly> I didn't realize Lanna was trying to pin me
<@Tilly> I have known her for years
<@Tilly> This is stupid as hell[/quote]

Obviously most people hand their minds made up before this !@#$ ever came out so I will not bother trying to convince people, but likewise I couldn't let the whole thread go without a post from me. Other hyper will just keep calling me a coward on irc repeatedly >_> /ignore

[quote name='Tilton53' date='29 April 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1272515167' post='2279384']
Lanna's log are taken out of context, She is an old friend and we have been joking about this RIA issue for almost 3 months now; But if we want to convict someone based on one sets of Logs in which they never admit to the hacking go ahead.

Obviously most people hand their minds made up before this !@#$ ever came out so I will not bother trying to convince people, but likewise I couldn't let the whole thread go without a post from me. Other hyper will just keep calling me a coward on irc repeatedly >_> /ignore
[/quote]

It's time to stop playing this. You were caught, give up already.

[quote name='Tilton53' date='29 April 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1272515167' post='2279384']

[/quote]

A joke is showing her the website were all the RoK and RIA passwords were stored and showing her a script of how those forums were hacked?

[quote name='Tilton53' date='28 April 2010 - 09:26 PM' timestamp='1272515167' post='2279384']More crap.[/quote]

Oh shut up. Some of us defended you and you should be ashamed of yourself for letting us do so.

I have more to say, but I rather enjoy remaining on Bob so will stop here.

[quote name='crazyisraelie' date='29 April 2010 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1272515233' post='2279387']
It's time to stop playing this. You were caught, give up already.
[/quote]

You know what crazyisraelie RIA had it out for me from day one when Hyper's first damning evidence on the TOP forums was the I had posted on car forum the state I live in and he had traced the IP that accessed the accounts back to that state.

[quote name='crazyisraelie' date='29 April 2010 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1272515046' post='2279377']
There is no need of a neutral analysis anymore. The logs are real.
[/quote]
Thanks crazy. I somehow missed that this was a joint statement originally and thought it was coming from RIA alone. Upon re-reading I noticed my mistake and fixed my post.

Have fun dealing with him.