The Symphony of the Night

Sarah Tintagyl

That was true...he should have probably chosen to fight local. He did not have a choice. It seemed to get colder and colder by the second, and he struggles hard...ice forms around him, which he then breaks in order to be able to move, but it is a vicious cycle, he spends his energy trying to move, making the ice break, but it keeps coming. He can no longer attack her with sufficient speed. At last, Kaiser Martens had been defeated. He kept trying even after realizing the futility of his actions, it was a matter of pride. After a while, he in fact attempted to run away, that is, to tactically withdraw to a warmer area to regain his speed. But as he jumps away from her, he would surely not make it very far...it was over.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Martens trapped in the mound of snow and ice frozen there on a frigid castle, the White Witch stared at him as she approached him, the ice dagger in her hand and placed it against his neck. "You said that you would take me with you, you said that you would kill me here and now and that the world wasn't fit for people like you and I anymore." Sarah shook her head. "No Martens, that's not how it works. There is no end to our fight and to end it like this? I could never put you through such pain, I already did that once. I will not do so again." Dropping the dagger she touched his face with her cold hand and stared into his eyes. "You're right maybe I am a traitor, a poisonous wench, a slave of Hel. It isn't unfathomable, but you and I are just on different sides of the chessboard. But how about this. Instead of these silly fights, instead of me trying to best you and you trying to best me. We go our separate ways and if our presence is to vile to one another, we'll have to face each other at the end. But why ruin the fun so early. There is a world to destroy and then to rebuild, then to destroy again. That's the cycle, its up to us if we want to see the cycle broken."

Slowly the ice would begin to melt away as Martens would be let free once again. Sarah smiled and outstretched her hand. "Truce? At least for a time? If not." She tilted her head towards the horizon. "We don't need to die in each others arms. At least not now."

He had become paralyzed, and after sighing, allowed himself to rest in this prison. It was...strangely comfortable...his gaze soften and he looks at her, watching her movements, hearing her speak. When she touches his face, he closes his eyes and nuzzles her hand, breathing against it. They were both at nearly the same temperature, and it felt somehow warm. He did not listen to her anymore, and all he said was, "I don't want to fight you..."

"I am tired of fighting. That's what I do all the time...forever..."

When the ice is slowly no more, he lets himself slowly fall back until he ends up on the floor, staring up towards her, for a moment dissapointed that his defeat was not all that he had hoped for. "..."

His hand reaches out for hers.

"I won't kill you, even in the past, I still tear at my heart for what happened." Sarah wrapped her hands around his body tightly and smiled up at him, the twinkle returning to her eyes and the solid blue fading back into actual eyes. They would be as beautiful as he remembered in the past. "No, I don't want to fight you anymore Michel, I know we will probably have to again, but until that time I say we try at least work to stand each other." She chuckled. "Who knows, maybe we'll disprove the old maxim that Heaven and Hell can never get along."

Lifting him up, Sarah kissed him softly on the cheek and then a great warmth would take both of them as he would watch the blue flame forming around her again. "But until that time, I must depart, there is work to be done for my dream. This will be a new age Michel, an age of both chaos and order, of both dark and light. It will be like nothing the world has ever seen." Stepping back from him, she smiled her face finally overtaken in the blue flame and disappearing completely leaving Martens alone on the roof as the snow continued to fall around him. In the wind he would be able to hear the quiet voice of Sarah running across his hair. "Be safe Warrior of Valhalla, be safe and be well."

The snowflakes finally disappearing in the night air, the bright moon sparkling in the sky.

He, too, seemed human in that moment. He wraps his arms around her and does not speak, and he certainly does not want to let go. He remains like this until she starts to disappear, and although he still tries to hold himself onto her, she just seems to fade away, and feels dissappointed...like his goals, when everything seemed to be almost complete, it then seemed to change back to square one. The story of his life.

"Don't go..."

And now, he was alone and the place deserted.
He sits down against the tower and looks at the landscape again. He didn't feel like going back home yet. He'd stay there for some more hours.