Gopherbashi's Great Cash Giveaway

Gopherbashi

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='06 May 2010 - 01:29 AM' timestamp='1273105779' post='2288290']
I know the old /b/ and I've gotten to know the new /b/ so I have no idea what you are talking about.
[/quote]
A large chunk of them are 21+ days inactive. They aren't even labour camp swapping...go figure

Edited by Jens of the desert

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jens of the desert' date='18 May 2010 - 12:10 PM' timestamp='1274209826' post='2302317']
A large chunk of them are 21+ days inactive. They aren't even labour camp swapping...go figure
[/quote]
While yes, it does look like the majority of them are going to simply go inactive and delete - the biggest nation they have has 360 infra. Why would they need labour camps at all?

[quote name='ktarthan' date='18 May 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1274210382' post='2302324']
While yes, it does look like the majority of them are going to simply go inactive and delete - the biggest nation they have has 360 infra. Why would they need labour camps at all?
[/quote]
Sorry I was just proving my case beyond any point of argument.

I'd like to thank everyone who put forward suggestions for last month's giveaway. Among those put forward, both Rome and the North American Confederacy were particularly solid choices, and I will once again give them strong consideration for this month. The final award, however, went to Octava Orden - I felt that, taking into account their average NS and number of bank-capable nations, that they would benefit the most from this funding. The longevity of their alliance was also taken into consideration; the thinking being that a longer-lived alliance will hopefully be more stable and less-prone to disbandment or deletions for inactivity. Not true in all cases, but hopefully in this one.

So as we're only about a week away from the month of June, it's time for Round Two of the giveaway. If you know of an alliance who needs to kick-start its banking programs and would benefit from $45m in funding, either PM me or post in this thread. If you want to give a reasoning as to why you should receive this money, or an explanation as to how you'd use it, that will only increase your chances. Feel free to copy/paste from last time if you so desire.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='22 May 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1274505511' post='2307753']
I'd like to thank everyone who put forward suggestions for last month's giveaway. Among those put forward, both Rome and the North American Confederacy were particularly solid choices, and I will once again give them strong consideration for this month. The final award, however, went to Octava Orden - I felt that, taking into account their average NS and number of bank-capable nations, that they would benefit the most from this funding. The longevity of their alliance was also taken into consideration; the thinking being that a longer-lived alliance will hopefully be more stable and less-prone to disbandment or deletions for inactivity. Not true in all cases, but hopefully in this one.
[/quote]
Just thought I'd note that Octava Orden is quite a bit younger than NAC. NAC disbanded and reformed, but their original founding date is October 1st, 2008. They disbanded in late March of 2009 to reform in June, just slightly before Octava Orden's formation.

I hereby Nominate The Indigo Plateau. We've only been around for going on 3 months, but we have a active and devoted membership. We are currently in the process of getting all our smaller nations above 10k, and perhaps, around 30-40k, within the span of 3-4 months. This money would greatly benefit these nations in our alliance.

Edited by Tarikmo

[quote name='Haflinger' date='22 May 2010 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1274537089' post='2307952']
Just thought I'd note that Octava Orden is quite a bit younger than NAC. NAC disbanded and reformed, but their original founding date is October 1st, 2008. They disbanded in late March of 2009 to reform in June, just slightly before Octava Orden's formation.
[/quote]
That is correct; the longevity issue was moreso in regards to Rome and a couple of other alliances, who I would've liked to see stick around for a month or two longer before giving them this award. The chief difference between OO and NAC in my mind was the NAC's number of high-infra nations (9 nations above 4k infra, as opposed to 2 for OO). This advantage gave the NAC a strong foundation for a banking system, whereas OO needed a bit more help in that regard.

I'd like to again, nominate Paragon. Only 1 activenation above 4k infra (myself, the other guy is being sat on), and lots of newer nations. Don't plan on disbanding any time soon either (see my Alliance Announcement thread)

Edited by R3nowned