Gopherbashi's Great Cash Giveaway

Gopherbashi

[center][img]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/8567/mcxaggcg.jpg[/img][/center]

Sup guys?

The nation of Crisconia has realised its privileged position within Planet Bob (it is larger than nearly 80% of all nations), and wishes to help out some of the little people. More precisely, it wishes to help the smaller alliances build banks, so that they in turn can send out aid and help their own little people.

On that note, I'm taking nominations for alliances who you feel deserve to be part of this. Although there are no specific requirements, candidates should ideally be of low average NS (ie. they probably don't have a lot of nations who are able to aid their own members) and not get me in trouble by aiding them. Whichever alliance is chosen will receive a total of $45m ($15m every ten days), to be directed to whatever nations they choose.

Feel free to nominate yourself, your protectorate, or some other alliance you feel is deserving. Including a short note to convince me why that alliance should be aided would probably be beneficial. The deadline for the month of May is April 29th. Any questions, feel free to ask.

xoxo,
--Gopher (Still Emperor of Polaris)

EDIT: Their /= There. It's 2 AM.

EDIT 2: Or contact me via PM if you so desire.

Edited by Gopherbashi

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't want to beg for anything but I really think we could use it. I mean, in time we can build a few more banks, but at the moment we only have myself and another who is still growing with 39 other members still waiting for their aid to grow. Tech deals only go so far.

But I'd like to nominate Octava Orden. It'd be put to so much use I think we may be able to get three more banks with it by time our birthday roles around.

I think this is a very nice thing you are doing Gopher, and anyone who gets it should benefit from it a lot.

Ezequiel.

There is a small community of noobs called ODST, a couple million dollars would really help these guys get off there feet and play with the big boys, maybe sell a little tech. I have talked to them a couple of times and they seem like good people.
If you are so inclined i think you would make their day http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=392583

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='27 April 2010 - 06:58 AM' timestamp='1272351503' post='2277152']
I'm going to go with SNAFU. They're a good alliance that could use a little extra help.
[/quote]
I can only second this nomination, SNAFU are an alliance loyal to its friends to the bitter end, no matter the cost to them, they entered the last war on 2 occasions even though a large proportion are small nations.

on another note, good show gopher

[quote name='Banksy' date='27 April 2010 - 01:33 AM' timestamp='1272353604' post='2277172']
/b/ look like a group of individuals with a good long term future and would be a solid investment~
[/quote]

I would like to second this notion. The alliance of /b/ is in need of funds. It would be a worthy investment.

I'd like to be the third person to support nomination of /b/. These guys are new who obviously arent the /b/ people fear from so long ago. I'd like to see /b/ restored to something we can all grow fond of.

I would like to nominate [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=North%20American%20Confederacy"]the NAC.[/url] These guys have grown their alliance from basically two tiny nations doing nothing but tech selling - no aidfalls - and they are getting there, but it takes time.

[quote name='Ezequiel' date='27 April 2010 - 02:45 AM' timestamp='1272350683' post='2277130']
Well, I don't want to beg for anything but I really think we could use it. I mean, in time we can build a few more banks, but at the moment we only have myself and another who is still growing with 39 other members still waiting for their aid to grow. Tech deals only go so far.

But I'd like to nominate Octava Orden. It'd be put to so much use I think we may be able to get three more banks with it by time our birthday roles around.

I think this is a very nice thing you are doing Gopher, and anyone who gets it should benefit from it a lot.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]
I second this nomination.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='27 April 2010 - 05:12 AM' timestamp='1272363157' post='2277212']
I'd like to be the third person to support nomination of /b/. These guys are new who obviously arent the /b/ people fear from so long ago. I'd like to see /b/ restored to something we can all grow fond of.
[/quote]

Fourth, assuming that VE doesn't have an issue with it. :)

[quote name='Haflinger' date='27 April 2010 - 07:54 AM' timestamp='1272369243' post='2277245']
I would like to nominate [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=North%20American%20Confederacy"]the NAC.[/url] These guys have grown their alliance from basically two tiny nations doing nothing but tech selling - no aidfalls - and they are getting there, but it takes time.
[/quote]

Darn, you beat me to it.

I've known them for almost 2 years now and they are great people that are persistent and wouldn't let it go to waste. Also are relatively peaceful so you wouldn't be supporting someone's war conquests or mishaps.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='27 April 2010 - 02:58 AM' timestamp='1272351503' post='2277152']
I'm going to go with SNAFU. They're a good alliance that could use a little extra help.
[/quote]

[quote name='The Pansy' date='27 April 2010 - 05:00 AM' timestamp='1272358818' post='2277197']
I can only second this nomination, SNAFU are an alliance loyal to its friends to the bitter end, no matter the cost to them, they entered the last war on 2 occasions even though a large proportion are small nations.

on another note, good show gopher
[/quote]

Im going to third this SNAFU is a great bunch of people and deserve a little extra help. I would also mention Avalon as they alway stay true to what they believe in no matter what the cost.

I'm going to say that I find it funny to nominate /b/ by virtue of "They're nothing like the /b/ we knew before" - that's just saying "We know nothing about them at all, which is so much better than our old opinion that it warrants support". Not that there's anything wrong with that - to each their own.

While I'm here, I'd like to throw GOONS into the hat. We've gained 75 brand spanking new members over the last 36 days - that's worth a couple of small alliances at least!

I'm sure there's more deserving alliances for this, but here's hoping that it's a raffle! :awesome:

I think ICAN is a good target for your money; they're a small alliance, but clearly stable, with good leadership and good potential. I think that this aid would really get them off the ground and let them hit the ground running growth-wise.