A LOSS knowledge dump

[quote name='LJ Scott' date='27 April 2010 - 05:18 PM' timestamp='1272406676' post='2277695']
Did you guys purge accounts recently? Can't seem to log in.
[/quote]
It's also possible you never registered to the new forums. We didn't transfer profiles from the old forums over. I see you were registered on the old one. I don't think we have any mod that deletes profiles, just demasks.

If the last time you visited our forums it looked like this: http://loss.cn-source.net/ then you may have never registered on the current forums.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yet even with the political challenges, you chose to accept the cause of those problems into your ranks?

Whether there was poaching or not, if you were concerned about somebody picking fights with Valhalla, accepting the members that were the cause of that problem, or the problems with Sparta for that matter, doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

and TBH, Timeline said that LoSS had confronted him about joining their ranks while he was a government member in TBH... so if there were concerns about possible poaching... the fact that he contacted people both that he brought to the alliance and didn't bring to the alliance and pulled TBH apart in an attempt to move members over to LoSS was a classless act, and sounds a hell of a lot like poaching to me.

I still think LoSS is classless, but that's just this mans opinion. I mean come on man, a protectorate is like an extension of your own alliance. It was cheap and you know it, yet you still won't admit it.

I see a few faults in your logic, mostly based on ignorance of the facts.

To begin with, although Timeline did come with drama, he was by no means the purveyor of drama in TBH. That title would go to his co-founder. Timeline told me that he left TBH due to too much of the drama. He was a minor part of it in the grand schemes. And we don't turn down members unless they are far more antagonistic or offensive. And Timeline wasn't the cause of any Spartan discontent. People leaving who were getting aided up to become banks were the real complaints there.

Next, we never "confronted" Timeline to join LoSS. TBH was on shaky ground as soon as it founded, and we offered everyone in TBH to join LoSS if it fell apart for the immediate protection, as they felt they were being targeted. He came to our AA on at least one occasion thinking he wasn't safe on the TBH AA. We never tried to pry Timeline out of TBH.

And I don't think telling one's friends that one is leaving an alliance is poaching, and that is what he did. He did the same when he left Sparta, LoSS, and probably IAA. We defended him doing that when he and his entourage came and put TBH on the map. We did not see the other co-founder complain then, but I guess you aren't him, so maybe you think we're just as classless for defending TBH when they were scrutinized the same way they scrutinized us.

I'm guessing you were a party involved under a new name now?

To Kochers, I honestly wasn't aware we had a MDP.

[quote name='Moe Szyslak' date='27 April 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1272409962' post='2277759']
yet even with the political challenges, you chose to accept the cause of those problems into your ranks?

Whether there was poaching or not, if you were concerned about somebody picking fights with Valhalla, accepting the members that were the cause of that problem, or the problems with Sparta for that matter, doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

and TBH, Timeline said that LoSS had confronted him about joining their ranks while he was a government member in TBH... so if there were concerns about possible poaching... the fact that he contacted people both that he brought to the alliance and didn't bring to the alliance and pulled TBH apart in an attempt to move members over to LoSS was a classless act, and sounds a hell of a lot like poaching to me.

I still think LoSS is classless, but that's just this mans opinion. I mean come on man, a protectorate is like an extension of your own alliance. It was cheap and you know it, yet you still won't admit it.
[/quote]

Yep, we accepted some of those problems into our ranks. Because like Ben said, it wasn't everyone that had a problem with TBH's issues. And depending on who was talked to at the time, it wasn't always Timeline that was causing the problems. Timeline told me he was fixing to quit the TBH and leave BOB because TBH was getting to much for him. I told him he would always have a spot in LOSS, as I would and have told any member of our protectorate alliances. As you said protectorates are like an extension, that means they always have a home at LOSS, so if someone has problems and are thinking about quitting your going to be damn sure I'm going to make sure they know they have other choices than quitting. I told him he had a spot in LOSS and left it at that. He and the others made their own decisions. Something was wrong in TBH that they felt they needed to leave. They did so. If Timeline was the problem for TBH then that should have been a good thing to be getting the cancer cut out of them.
Classless or not, I would rather someone find a happy place rather than quit BOB. You are entitled to your opinion and I'm sorry you feel that way. Your not the only one that feels that way about us. Its all a matter of opinions, because why its classless to some it was a sigh of relief for others. I wish I recognized you so this could be hashed out a bit more, but it is what it is.

Edited by LordSlade

[quote name='Kochers' date='27 April 2010 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1272411237' post='2277799']
Why does LoSS's history somehow forget to mention the short-leved MDP with the NADC?
[/quote]

I wrote the history. And the short lived treaty was called The Minerva Pact. The reason is the treaty was created before my arrival to BOB. It was one of a few treaties that had no mention because I didn't get a lot of straight answers to things happening pre GW3. The League was highly documented on the OWF and wiki so I could write about that. I was able to get a bit of info on the GW1 groups. So pretty much all treaties outside of those blocs were left out due to lack of data. After my arrival I was able to document a lot better and thus treaties were tracked and added to the history at a better rate.

Sorry about that, but don't feel alone. Your not the only one left out. Matter of fact I think GOONS asked why the Mutual Tension Pact (MTP) between us wasn't included. Same reason. :)

Edited by LordSlade

[quote name='Co God Ben' date='27 April 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1272411425' post='2277802']
[/quote]
It was a short-lived treaty, and its so old that for awhile it was simply a rumor within the older population of the NADC. It was just within the past few months I was even able to confirm its existence at all.

[quote name='LordSlade' date='27 April 2010 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1272412318' post='2277828']
I wrote the history. And the short lived treaty was called The Minerva Pact. The reason is the treaty was created before my arrival to BOB. It was one of a few treaties that had no mention because I didn't get a lot of straight answers to things happening pre GW3. The League was highly documented on the OWF and wiki so I could write about that. I was able to get a bit of info on the GW1 groups. So pretty much all treaties outside of those blocs were left out due to lack of data. After my arrival I was able to document a lot better and thus treaties were tracked and added to the history at a better rate.

Sorry about that, but don't feel alone. Your not the only one left out. Matter of fact I think GOONS asked why the Mutual Tension Pact (MTP) between us wasn't included. Same reason. :)
[/quote]
If straight answers are what you need, I believe I can get them to you. But if you need proof or the actual text of the MDP, check it out [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Minerva_Pact"]on the wiki[/url]. ;)

Oh I know it was real, I don't need the wiki. Its in our treaty vault under ended treaties as well as the ToA treaty betweeen the two of us. Did you know of that one?

I got plenty of answers, it was just a toss up on how I wanted to write it. If I mentioned every treaty LOSS signed in those days I would quit before I finished with the NAPS alone. In the later more present years we don't sign as many so they tend to get mentioned, especially since I am here for them and know full well what leads to the signing of them.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' date='29 April 2010 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1272556229' post='2279911']
I will start a drama here....Opening Act: Am I still banned from your forums?
[/quote]

Well are you gonna have multis on our forum again?

But seriously though, to my knowledge.... You aren't atm. If you are for some reason inform us cause from what I can see in our admin panel is that you don't even have an account.

----------------

I may not have been in LoSS at the time of when the treaty purge went down, but I still have a point to make. It wasn't the best use of judgment in the timing of said event, although still necessary from what I can tell. How were they supposed to know when exactly the war was gonna happen, as all they really knew was that it was looming. But y'all still on that need to look past it. It's been almost a whole year since that war, and many wars have passed where we went to hell with our allies. We were there in the thick of it.... People make mistakes, and all you can really do is learn from there. There's nothing that I can say that will or can differ anyone's opinion on that; our actions should speak for themselves.

I've made LoSS my home since the DE debacle and then after Karma when Itova got lethargic. I just wait to see what prospects await for us in the next four years; whether they end up being wonderful or not.

o/ Black Unity
o/ LoSS

Edited by Hunterman1043

[quote name='Hunterman1043' date='30 April 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1272610564' post='2281166']
Well are you gonna have multis on our forum again?

But seriously though, to my knowledge.... You aren't atm. If you are for some reason inform us cause from what I can see in our admin panel is that you don't even have an account.

----------------

I may not have been in LoSS at the time of when the treaty purge went down, but I still have a point to make. It wasn't the best use of judgment in the timing of said event, although still necessary from what I can tell. How were they supposed to know when exactly the war was gonna happen, as all they really knew was that it was looming. But y'all still on that need to look past it. It's been almost a whole year since that war, and many wars have passed where we went to hell with our allies. We were there in the thick of it.... People make mistakes, and all you can really do is learn from there. There's nothing that I can say that will or can differ anyone's opinion on that; our actions should speak for themselves.

I've made LoSS my home since the DE debacle and then after Karma when Itova got lethargic. I just wait to see what prospects await for us in the next four years; whether they end up being wonderful or not.

o/ Black Unity
o/ LoSS
[/quote]

I meant, if I made an account would I be rebanned. Im banned on loss.cn-source.net

[quote name='Krunk the Great' date='30 April 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1272639995' post='2281362']
I meant, if I made an account would I be rebanned. Im banned on loss.cn-source.net
[/quote]

It would depend on your behaviour but as you have been rather civil in the last few times I see no reason why not :P . On the old boards it doesn't matter because it's only accessible to gov members anyway.

[quote name='Co God Ben' date='27 April 2010 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1272411425' post='2277802']
I see a few faults in your logic, mostly based on ignorance of the facts.

To begin with, although Timeline did come with drama, he was by no means the purveyor of drama in TBH. That title would go to his co-founder. Timeline told me that he left TBH due to too much of the drama. He was a minor part of it in the grand schemes. And we don't turn down members unless they are far more antagonistic or offensive. And Timeline wasn't the cause of any Spartan discontent. People leaving who were getting aided up to become banks were the real complaints there.

Next, we never "confronted" Timeline to join LoSS. TBH was on shaky ground as soon as it founded, and we offered everyone in TBH to join LoSS if it fell apart for the immediate protection, as they felt they were being targeted. He came to our AA on at least one occasion thinking he wasn't safe on the TBH AA. We never tried to pry Timeline out of TBH.

And I don't think telling one's friends that one is leaving an alliance is poaching, and that is what he did. He did the same when he left Sparta, LoSS, and probably IAA. We defended him doing that when he and his entourage came and put TBH on the map. We did not see the other co-founder complain then, but I guess you aren't him, so maybe you think we're just as classless for defending TBH when they were scrutinized the same way they scrutinized us.

I'm guessing you were a party involved under a new name now?

[/quote]

Your facts are horribly skewered. Those that were directly involved in the drama all left and went to LoSS that day. The problems with Cloud were caused by Bella and Timeline, the problems with Sparta were all centralized around Sparta's suspicion that Timeline had lured people into leaving Sparta while still a member of their ranks, and truth be told, after countless skype conversations with Timeline, he had. He also spread around rumors in the form of an e-mail leaking information to TOP about false Spartan plans to attack TOP in an attempt to provoke a war between Sparta and TOP.

I can say that when somebody leaves and tells you in a skype chat that they're going to talk to other members of an alliance and ask them to leave stating the LoSS has been asking said member to join for weeks... well that sure sounds a bit suspicious to me.

I guess my only really statement in this matter is that since LoSS wants to put their name out there on the market, I would caution alliances out there considering treaties with LoSS that LoSS's treaties have fallen apart in the past due to a serious lack of commitment to what they put on paper (unless by what they put on paper you mean their stats sheet, and if that's the case, they're very dedicated to preserving pixels and throwing you to the wolves).

And for the record, when a LoSS government member tells me that there have been plans circulating to cancel a protectorate, and a member of SLAP tells his co-government members that he's been offered a position in LoSS's government running economy and then he leaves, joins LoSS, and is named minister of economy that day... I tend to think there's something fishy there.

Edited by Moe Szyslak

The problem here doesn't seem to be my facts, it seems to be the fact that you blatantly ignore them.

Trying to make Timeline out to be the problem that killed TBH is laughable. If it could've survived before he and his friends came in, it could've survived well after he and his friends left. And it was not Timeline that ruined LoSS' opinion of TBH, it was !@#$ like Banned going off on our Noir allies, claiming the bloc was a tool to make Sparta more "NPO-like," and his reacting to my confronting him about it, trying to say I was turning on him.

Once again, ignore the facts if you wish, but there were always people against the protectorate and there were always people for it, up to the day Banned called me and Slade into a meeting to tell us about the cancellation. And it wouldn't have been canceled that day if it weren't for TBH canceling it. And Timeline did not receive MoF the day he came to LoSS. A week after joining, he challenged our then-MoF, and instead of running against Timeline, our then-MoF stepped down because he wanted to see what Timeline could do. As it turns out, not much, but that is irrelevant in this discussion here.

Also, in regards to poaching, if Timeline did ask people to leave TBH to join LoSS, that was wrong of him, but no more wrong than when he left Sparta, LoSS and IAA and probably did the same. When TBH was losing all of its NS, I asked Timeline if he poached and he said no. I had reason to believe his word was good, because when he joined TBH, Banned vouched for him that he didn't and wouldn't poach. Perhaps Banned lied to me then, when he was the beneficiary of Timeline's supposed poaching, and perhaps he was a total hypocrite for accepting Timeline into the alliance that way back then, or perhaps you're lying (then again, since the situation was the exact same at TBH's formation and end, Banned would have to be a hpocrite anyways). I don't know, and tbh, I don't particularly care anymore.

Also, I have an issue with you trying to say we threw TBH to the wolves. We got them out of so many situations where they were going to be rolled, when even they were talking about disbanding and calling it quits. The fact you have the nerve to accuse us of throwing you to the wolves when TBH would've been rolled 20 times over if it weren't for us proves to me that you are a fool, or ignorant. You pick. TBH fell apart because of piss poor governors, and nothing of value was lost.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' date='06 May 2010 - 05:12 AM' timestamp='1273119104' post='2288653']
I personally think you have a pretty awesome set of allies. What do you think about them? :)
[/quote]

they suck :P

hehe our allies are awesome, we enjoy some hardcore moments, having been with one of our awesome ally for some time I can say it was one of the best times I had in cn and I hope and know we will remain in close proximity in the times to come.

Bob the true answer to your question is we're more than allies we are family.