A LOSS knowledge dump

[quote name='Desert Ratz' date='26 April 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1272328188' post='2276671']
While that is what it looks like on the surface; there was a lot more to it. We as an alliance were having an identity crisis from the NoCB war and no longer felt at all close or on the same level to any of the allies we had signed with. Our previous allies were not based off of friendships but off of strategy.
[/quote]

Well your timing was impeccable.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Desert Ratz' date='26 April 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1272331094' post='2276729']
Well we really werent. I remember our allies and our real friends from GW3 and before. We were never kept in the dark, we were always mutually respected, and we never felt like we were just pawns. We felt the opposite when treatied to TPF. We werent going to be just another pawn in the greater scheme of things.

It is sad TBB. I use to consider you a friend and in many ways still respect you. Dont come in here and preach of friendship when you blast us every chance you get. It was kind of funny really how you stopped coming around not when we broke away but when we atually signed with TPF.
[/quote]

A pawn? You were worthless to us as pawn. You were broken, alone and on pink. How long did we help you behind the scenes before we even considered a treaty. In fact most in TPF gov did not see the point as you brought nothing to the table but, I wanted to make sure nobody would with mess with guys. As for coming around I talked to Caesar and others on a very regular basis. When you screwed over Polar its not like you had much of a history. When you screwed me over well that history went back to before GW2. So you can pretend all you want you were just some pawn if it makes you feel better but, do not think your past is not lost on your current allies.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='26 April 2010 - 06:53 PM' timestamp='1272333187' post='2276761']
A pawn? You were worthless to us as pawn. You were broken, alone and on pink. How long did we help you behind the scenes before we even considered a treaty. In fact most in TPF gov did not see the point as you brought nothing to the table but, I wanted to make sure nobody would with mess with guys. As for coming around I talked to Caesar and others on a very regular basis. When you screwed over Polar its not like you had much of a history. When you screwed me over well that history went back to before GW2. So you can pretend all you want you were just some pawn if it makes you feel better but, do not think your past is not lost on your current allies.
[/quote]

We were on pink but we were not alone and we were not broken. We united pink under CALIPH and had our own little pink sphere of influence going on. Assumptions galore but you are wrong.

That was the problem. TPF didnt want the treaty, you wanted the treaty. TPF showed this as well when we approached them on numerous occasions jus to be kept in the loop but we were ignored. Outside of Caesar nobody knew or cared to sign with TPF on our end either however at least on our side we tried to make the treaty work. Screwing over polar was part of our indentity crisis. It is what woke us up really. I regret it to this day though I am glad to have seen our course of events since. Our current allies have seen this and I can guarantee they know we will ride to hell with them and back.

[quote name='Ghuxalia' date='26 April 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1272334953' post='2276788']
Why do you people have such a large LoSS of BACoN?
[/quote]

Fixed it for ya... :smug:

We are always down for BACoN. Jus not that gross turkey BACoN.

[quote name='Desert Ratz' date='26 April 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1272334436' post='2276782']
We were on pink but we were not alone and we were not broken. We united pink under CALIPH and had our own little pink sphere of influence going on. Assumptions galore but you are wrong.

That was the problem. TPF didnt want the treaty, you wanted the treaty. TPF showed this as well when we approached them on numerous occasions jus to be kept in the loop but we were ignored. Outside of Caesar nobody knew or cared to sign with TPF on our end either however at least on our side we tried to make the treaty work. Screwing over polar was part of our indentity crisis. It is what woke us up really. I regret it to this day though I am glad to have seen our course of events since. Our current allies have seen this and I can guarantee they know we will ride to hell with them and back.
[/quote]

Funny how you have an "indentity crisis" whenever you think your going to lose. As for our difference of opinion on what your allies think? Maybe you forget I was in one of those allies when I came back. The fact the only place you have ridden since GW3 is in the opposite direction of whatever trouble was coming is as telling as your claims of loyalty and friendship to your past allies. Oh course this time I am sure you are telling these allies the truth. Now why would they ever doubt that.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='26 April 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1272338098' post='2276840']
Funny how you have an "indentity crisis" whenever you think your going to lose. As for our difference of opinion on what your allies think? Maybe you forget I was in one of those allies when I came back. The fact the only place you have ridden since GW3 is in the opposite direction of whatever trouble was coming is as telling as your claims of loyalty and friendship to your past allies. Oh course this time I am sure you are telling these allies the truth. Now why would they ever doubt that.
[/quote]

Were you not getting what I was saying before? I admitted our [b]one[/b] mistake and that was during the NoCB war with GR/Polar and we have adjusted since then. Everything else was neccessary regardless of war or not. War jus sped up the process. We were not close to TPF or any of our other MDP partners nor did they share any interest in us at all. Signing with TPF was a mistake and should of never happened. We werent close to TPF and they didnt care to try.

Until I hear something from an actual treaty partner, your word doesnt mean anything to me.

[quote name='Moe Szyslak' date='26 April 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1272338471' post='2276849']
Why did your relationships with BTO and TBH as protectorates fall apart? (Assuming I have my facts straight here)
[/quote]
I think many involved in those situations would describe your premise similarly.

In regards to BTO, we felt we couldn't trust BTO's motives after a few moves on BTO's part, most glaringly signing an ODP with TPF.

Regarding TBH, to my knowledge (and Ratz and I were the most heavily in contact with TBH through that whole treaty) the single cause of that cancellation was when one of the founders of TBH (I think he was a founder; if not, he was at least a co-leader) left TBH and joined LoSS. In leaving he brought a lot of his friends with him who originally followed him to TBH. I think those who were left accused us of poaching or him of poaching and us of supporting poaching or something, although I don't remember if they blatantly stated such.

I hope that answers those questions.

I still remember when you stole Jaaku from us. :(

I haven't really been keeping up with you guys since you switch sides like you did.
But what's in the past is the past, what do you think of the current political climate? :)

Do you, or do you not, agree that LoSS was the best thing to happen to pink (Whether or not it was the best for LoSS is debatable)?

EDIT: Just want a halfway lighthearted question to give you guys a break from answering all these SRS BSNS O NOES U DID THIS/THAT/THE OTHER questions :awesome:

I still kind of respect you guys, but I still don't like CGB :rolleyes:

Edited by Krunk the Great

Who the hell is "LOSS"?

I remember some alliance called LoSS once, but I'm at a LOSS as to who this LOSS is.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' date='27 April 2010 - 08:24 AM' timestamp='1272374654' post='2277293']
[/quote]

He's fine now that he dumped that disturbing avatar <_<

Edited by deth2munkies

[quote name='Krunk the Great' date='27 April 2010 - 09:24 AM' timestamp='1272374654' post='2277293']
Do you, or do you not, agree that LoSS was the best thing to happen to pink (Whether or not it was the best for LoSS is debatable)?

EDIT: Just want a halfway lighthearted question to give you guys a break from answering all these SRS BSNS O NOES U DID THIS/THAT/THE OTHER questions :awesome:

[/quote]

dude we rocked pink like the beatles rocked the world

One thing that is not being said in the discussion about the treaties that were signed is that other than the Greenland Republic all of our military treaties post Pink up to the drop were for strategic reasons, which was stated, or the fact that it was a 1 on 2 or 3 friend treaty. What I mean by that is this, our leadership at the time made friends in those alliances. But most of the government never knew or had any friends within those alliances. So it wasn't two best buddy alliances coming together to be friends, it was our leaders at the time getting treaties with their friends. It was no fault of theirs, the fault lies with the rest of the government for not putting a stop to it until it was to late.

TBB you were our friend and you did go to bat for us getting us off Pink and the rest of our terms. It was great we loved you for it and when Drugs said hey TPF helped us out (he meant TBB helped us out) we should sign with them the rest of us jumped on it. We were so ecstatic about finally being free to do what we wanted that we jumped at the possibility. It wasn't because we were friends with TPF, it was because we were frineds with TBB. By the time the drop rolled about, I don't think TBB was even in TPF anymore. I maybe wrong, but I think he was retired at the time or something like that. As a government we had little or no contact with TPF outside of TBB. Maybe 1 or 2 of us did, but not as a group.

The NPO treaty, that was a fun one. There is a reason that the first treaty we signed once we got off terms was with NPO. It wasn't a coincidence. This is coming second hand from listening over the years, but from what I gather, NPO was consolidating strength behind it to make sure it had allies if something ever occurred between it and Polar. Boy I bet they were surprised when shortly after we signed a treaty with NpO and GR. From what I recall hearing, it irked them some, but there was nothing they could do about it then. Our release had been orchestrated by someone in our gov with the agreement to through our power, what little it was, behind NPO. To bad that wasn't told to the rest of the government as they went out and got a treaty with Polar. A couple of guys in Polar had went to bat for us like TPF did.

There was never any doubt we would sign a treaty with GR. That was based purely off of friendship and had nothing strategic behind it. It also wasn't because one of our government members like 2 of their government members. We all liked each other as a group.

Later on the NoCB war rolled around and LOSS made its greatest mistake ever. We should have fought. Only time I ever considered leaving BOB was after making those votes. Biggest regret was not fighting. We know it and everyone else knows it that we should have fought with GR and Polar. But we didn't. Conflicting fears. Everything had been gravy since finally getting free. We didn't want to go back to that. We have apologized dozens of times to those we really cared about. At some point though it because enough. We were done apologizing and we moved on. We made that bed, we laid in it, we got over it. You can only do it so many times before it's not real anymore.

So the rest:
Echelon = Jaaku was really the only tie to them. There wasn't much communication outside of him with them.
Valhalla = never should have happened. I think we had two guys that were friends with them and the rest of the gov either didn't care or didn't want them.
Zenith = Never should have happened. Again it was one or two guys that were friends with them and the rest of gov didn't care. What got this passed was they had Duncan King. That was the only person anyone really knew.
MCXA = Other than GR this is probably the alliance that we had the most overall contact with and probably the hardest treaty for me personally to drop. A real friendship started out of the aftermath of the NoCB war. We had some forum issues at that time and these guys offered help. We actually made efforts to get our two govs together and get to know each other. The result became the treaty. That was grand and all, but when we dropped the treaty, the majority of those people we had gotten to know had already left for TSO if I recall correctly. Wasn't many ties there. Except Anakey. Greatest Diplomat I have ever encountered.

So, in a recap:
During the time leading up to the drop LoSS was ruled by a government order who had one way of thinking. They brought LoSS closer to allies they felt matched their idea's. There was nothing wrong with it as they were the leaders of the time and they shaped things how they saw fit. As the drop came that form of government was being replaced and the leaders of the new order had another way of thinking. Theirs was an older way of thinking, one from LoSS's origins. No one can say LOSS did it because they were trying to be on the winning side. It wasn't a coincidence that the drop coincided with the style of government change. And at the time the new charter was written war was only a whisper on the wind and when the drop actually happened there was no telling what side would come out on top, at least to us. Karma side refused to talk with us and we were receiving very little info from the Hegemony side. LOSS placed themselves with friends where we felt the old way of thinking would lead. (I'll always consider Bob, at the time with Nemesis, a friend for helping us.) And its not so much as we put ourselves there, its just kind of where we fell, as Nemesis and MA were really some of the only two alliances that would take us in during our transition. We tried to do the whole, black only thing, and that is why the treaty with nemesis was signed but not MA.

Aboooe: I don't know if the word stole is the right one. Maybe bribed with lots of cookies fits better. Jaaku always finds his way home, where ever that may be.

Krunk: Your going to have your own little paragraph in the history if I ever get around to finishing it. You may not like it but at least your in it :) As for pink. At the time I think we were. Alliance wise Sparta was probably the best thing for them, but political wise it was us that united Pink. I haven't followed the color much since we left, but I think they are more stable now than they were when we were there. They don't have to fight the problems of the alliances being there that are outcasts and exiles like we did. As in its not the dumping ground of beaten alliances anymore.

Moe: If I remember right, nothing was ever discussed officially of dropping the treaty. I think there were one or two government members that were irritated with the stress and brought up dropping the treaty. But I don't think that conversation ever manifested into anything more than their angry rumblings. As they were the most irritated by it they were the most vocal so if it got around that's why. They never had a shot to get any votes at all for a drop. I don't even remember who it was that was upset or really why. I know that even when Timeline and his friends came over they begged us not to drop the treaty with TBH because of his conflict with them. But in turn they dropped with us. It probably worked out better for them in the long run.

D2M: good to know your still here.

Edited by LordSlade

[quote name='Moe Szyslak' date='27 April 2010 - 10:59 AM' timestamp='1272383979' post='2277358']
Is it true that prior to the "poaching" incident that there were already government discussions of LoSS cancelling said protectorate with TBH due to political stress?
[/quote]
We had originally planned on giving them a month, then reviewing the treaty. Prior to the incident where someone and his friends left, there were always members of government that thought the treaty was a bad idea, because every 3 days, TBH had some crisis, whether it be picking fights with Valhalla, having drama with Sparta (which, although TBH was too crass with, they were generally in the right), or a multitude of other things I can't remember. There were always people saying, "this treaty is a bad idea," and there were those defending them. That was true through the whole time we were treatied. I would know, because I was their most staunch defender, as wrong as I was in retrospect.

But as Slade already mentioned, those members who wanted the treaty dropped didn't have a chance of getting it dropped. Even when TBH dropped the treaty on us, there weren't the votes to drop the treaty.

EDIT:
[quote name='Krunk the Great' date='27 April 2010 - 08:24 AM' timestamp='1272374654' post='2277293']

[/quote]
Nothing good ever happened to Pink. And you know you like me; I like you :3

Edited by Co God Ben

[quote name='LordSlade' date='27 April 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1272391478' post='2277463']
Aboooe: I don't know if the word stole is the right one. Maybe bribed with lots of cookies fits better. Jaaku always finds his way home, where ever that may be.
[/quote]
Cookies you say, damn his sweet teeth. :P

[quote name='LordSlade' date='27 April 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1272403931' post='2277643']
All I can say Krunk is that you know you broke it....and now everyone else will to :popcorn:
[/quote]

The truth will out!!

Also for anyone who hasn't read Slades history it is a fantastic read, cant wait for the next instalment.

[quote name='LordSlade' date='27 April 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1272407737' post='2277714']
Depending on when you last posted yes. We have a MOD that auto deactivates accounts after a certain point of no posts.
[/quote]

That's fairly annoying :/