A LOSS knowledge dump

[center][img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/drugsup/LOSS%20Imp/gif1.gif?t=1269961318[/img]
A League of Small Superpowers {LOSS} knowledge dump[/center]

Alright world, apparently based on the majority of the comments in this thread: [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84620&st=0"]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84620&st=0[/url], not many of you know of us anymore. Either who we are, where we stand or anything else about us. For a 4 year old, top 10 oldest remaining alliance not to be known that must say something. We have always shied away from doing Q&As in the past, but now it seems to be needed.

You will be answered officially from our 3 leaders Desert Ratz, Legion-X, and Slade. All 3 are over the 1k day mark and all three have been in and out of government since at least GW3. Legion-X had been in government well before then, but I have to start somewhere and who am I to toot anyone's horn. :) Those will be your official people, everyone else is just running their mouths :)

So to start:
[url="http://www.cn-loss.net/index.php?/index"]LOSS FORUMS[/url]
[url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/LOSS"]Wiki[/url]
[url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_the_League_of_Small_Superpowers"]History[/url] (Find a more in depth history....I dare you.)
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=LOSS"]Stats[/url]

Ask us anything you want. Win lose or draw you will get an answer. We do not shy away from any decision we have ever made because we have made our fair share of good and bad ones. It would be hard not to have made them being as old as we are.

Have at it....

*Hopes the baskets of tomatoes are well hidden*

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vasuda' date='26 April 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1272308530' post='2276222']
People actually don't know who LoSS is? I'm sorry, but if someone who had been involved in politics for over a month honestly told me they weren't familiar with LoSS, I wouldn't be able to take them seriously.
[/quote]

Agreed, LoSS are pretty cool people from what I gathered from their members in NOIR.

[quote name='Cynic' date='26 April 2010 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1272301385' post='2276132']
What adjectives would you guys use to describe LoSS besides "old and rich in history"? What if any moves are you making to keep LoSS a definitive alliance in the present and future?
[/quote]

At our core we are a close, solid group of friends. Most of us were bonded together during the troubles of GW2 and 3 and the pink era. We have managed to stay close ever since. We have pulled in many others since that time and really have been able to continue that solid foundation of friends and family, training and teaching the new people that have joined. I'm going to say loyal is another one. Our true friends know we have their backs as we know they have ours.

As for moves to keep LoSS definitive, I guess as it is with everyone, we are working to broaden and tighten our foreign affairs. We are solid in our own little corner with groups like LOUD, Nemesis, HOG, and IAA and our protectorates Browncoats and KoTC. LoSS's treaties always ended up on a broad scale in the past, but since the charter change we really tried to keep treaties we signed in check and made sure it really was the path for us. We didn't want to let it get out of hand like we did in the Great War era and then again when we were free from GW3 terms. But now that we have established our priorities we feel we can once again broaden our horizons on an FA scale and move out from our hidden corner.

[quote name='Dementual' date='26 April 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1272304167' post='2276170']
You guys have really been fairly stable for quite a while. I respect that greatly. Stop on by GGA Castle and we'll have some drinks.

Two years ago, how did you foresee LOSS as being today? Were your expectations met?
[/quote]

As much change that LOSS went through in 2009, there is no way we could have guessed what would have happened. 2008 was a long time ago. For some people LOSS is exactly where they always wanted it to be. For others, LoSS went into left or right field. Just depends on the person I guess.

[quote name='Vasuda' date='26 April 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1272308530' post='2276222']
People actually don't know who LoSS is? I'm sorry, but if someone who had been involved in politics for over a month honestly told me they weren't familiar with LoSS, I wouldn't be able to take them seriously.
[/quote]

Thanks. We do what we can, as always.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='26 April 2010 - 02:14 PM' timestamp='1272309222' post='2276233']
Have you had much contact with TPF, MCXA, Zenith, Valhalla, NPO or Echelon since April 17th of last year? Would you do it again the same way?
[/quote]

I would say we have had little contact with most of those alliances. We have had some contact with some more than others, but not a whole lot. But the same can be said for many other alliances outside our own little corner of friends.

In order for things to change, we had to do something. We were short on options and after much debate and taking sides amongst ourselves it became an all or nothing deal. A clean and fresh start. So yes, me personally, I would have done it the exact same.

Well that certainly makes me happy. I'm trying to remember some of the other LoSS members I knew way back in the league era days, long time ago :P

How have things been since your move to black sphere? Are you guys an active players in politics, or have a lot of people burnt out playing this game so long?

[quote name='kerschbs' date='26 April 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1272317223' post='2276395']
Well that certainly makes me happy. I'm trying to remember some of the other LoSS members I knew way back in the league era days, long time ago :P

How have things been since your move to black sphere? Are you guys an active players in politics, or have a lot of people burnt out playing this game so long?
[/quote]

i was there during the league days but i was a noob, our move to black has been great, were members of NOIR and we are active politicaly but you are right some of our member have gotten burned out or Real life keeps them from being active

[quote name='legion-x' date='26 April 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1272318074' post='2276421']
thats a tie IAA, Nemesis and LOUD were close to each one of them. then were also close to our protectorates KoTC and BC
[/quote]

Awww, I love you too. :wub:

[quote name='LordSlade' date='26 April 2010 - 03:02 PM' timestamp='1272312119' post='2276287']
In order for things to change, we had to do something.
[/quote]

To prevent being rolled you mean?

Where do you see LOSS going in the next year, and what of the past four years do you wish that LOSS would have done differently?

[quote name='LordSlade' date='26 April 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1272312119' post='2276287']
At our core we are a close, solid group of friends. Most of us were bonded together during the troubles of GW2 and 3 and the pink era. We have managed to stay close ever since. We have pulled in many others since that time and really have been able to continue that solid foundation of friends and family, training and teaching the new people that have joined. I'm going to say loyal is another one. Our true friends know we have their backs as we know they have ours.

As for moves to keep LoSS definitive, I guess as it is with everyone, we are working to broaden and tighten our foreign affairs. We are solid in our own little corner with groups like LOUD, Nemesis, HOG, and IAA and our protectorates Browncoats and KoTC. LoSS's treaties always ended up on a broad scale in the past, but since the charter change we really tried to keep treaties we signed in check and made sure it really was the path for us. We didn't want to let it get out of hand like we did in the Great War era and then again when we were free from GW3 terms. But now that we have established our priorities we feel we can once again broaden our horizons on an FA scale and move out from our hidden corner.

As much change that LOSS went through in 2009, there is no way we could have guessed what would have happened. 2008 was a long time ago. For some people LOSS is exactly where they always wanted it to be. For others, LoSS went into left or right field. Just depends on the person I guess.

Thanks. We do what we can, as always.

I would say we have had little contact with most of those alliances. We have had some contact with some more than others, but not a whole lot. But the same can be said for many other alliances outside our own little corner of friends.

In order for things to change, we had to do something. We were short on options and after much debate and taking sides amongst ourselves it became an all or nothing deal. A clean and fresh start. So yes, me personally, I would have done it the exact same.
[/quote]

These kind of responses are why I am glad to be a LoSS member. This hopefully brings a bit of clarity to those who don't really know what we're all about.

And memoryproblems while I cannot speak for our alliance I do believe that what Slade meant by change was that they wanted to get LoSS off of the path to obscurity and keep them a vibrant and viable player in the world of today instead of being an alliance of past glory that never accomplished much since... I remember when all of the old treaties were cancelled and the resaon that us members were given was that with a new government and government structure we needed a fresh start.

I am sure that if I am mistaken a government member will correct me.

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='26 April 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1272324958' post='2276587']
To prevent being rolled you mean?

Where do you see LOSS going in the next year, and what of the past four years do you wish that LOSS would have done differently?
[/quote]

While that is what it looks like on the surface; there was a lot more to it. We as an alliance were having an identity crisis from the NoCB war and no longer felt at all close or on the same level to any of the allies we had signed with. Our previous allies were not based off of friendships but off of strategy.

In the next year LoSS will be concentrating on keeping constant communication and maintaining strong bonds with our current allies, internal growth and recruitment, and finally starting new friendships and meeting new and great people around Bob.

Edited by Desert Ratz

[quote name='Desert Ratz' date='26 April 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1272328188' post='2276671']
Our previous allies were not based off of friendships but off of strategy.
[/quote]

Really? Nice to know we were not friends. Glad TPF never went out of its way to lookout for you all... oh wait. Real classy LoSS.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='26 April 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1272330338' post='2276713']
Really? Nice to know we were not friends. Glad TPF never went out of its way to lookout for you all... oh wait. Real classy LoSS.
[/quote]

Well we really werent. I remember our allies and our real friends from GW3 and before. We were never kept in the dark, we were always mutually respected, and we never felt like we were just pawns. We felt the opposite when treatied to TPF. We werent going to be just another pawn in the greater scheme of things.

It is sad TBB. I use to consider you a friend and in many ways still respect you. Dont come in here and preach of friendship when you blast us every chance you get. It was kind of funny really how you stopped coming around not when we broke away but when we atually signed with TPF.

Edited by Desert Ratz