Declaration of War

loannes

OOC: Reposted from my news thread
IC:
[center][img]http://wikitravel.org/upload/shared/c/cd/Flag_of_Brandenburg.png[/img][/center]
Recently, documents had emerged where the Polish nobles living in Brandenburg planned to revolt, and bring the province of Neumark into Poland. At the time, they seemed to have no connection to the Polish government. However, more documents have surfaced, and I am appalled; the King of Poland was personally ensuring that the Poles received arms, armor, and money, and was offering to send professional soldiers to train the Polish Brandenburgians to be real fighters. We find this treachery disgusting, dishonorable, and unforgivable. While it pains us to fight our brothers of the faith, the Duchy of Brandenburg hereby declares war on the Kingdom of Poland. May God have mercy on their souls, for we shall not.
[img]http://signatures.mylivesignature.com/54488/140/277F417E77B39E891C2DD603AC29A261.png[/img]

**Classified**
The Army of the Duke, under the command of Duke Friedrich the Iron, had arrived at the Polish-Brandenburgian border. Scouts were sent out on horseback to detect what the Poles had positioned on their side of the border, while the army awaited the reinforcing Army of Brandenburg. Thirty scouts were sent out, with orders to find out whatever they could without endangering themselves, and report back to the Duke.

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Bayern/AEIOU/Habsburgflag.png[/img][/center]

It is a sad day when brothers have to go to war against each other, but the cause is Just.
With a heavy heart, Austria and Hungary thus declare war against the Kingdom of Poland, honouring their alliance with Brandenburg.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/EURP/Monogramm_Friedrichs_des_III.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/EURP/th_Monogramm_Friedrichs_des_III.png[/img][/url]

*In the Emperor's halls*

"Prepare three armies to march into Poland, that this may be done swiftly."
"Yes, my liege. Which provinces shall we take first?"
"Whichever are the easiest to take. But make sure to take Krakow. It is an important city to them."
"Of course, my liege. Your Will be done."

Three armies, each with 6,000 men would be prepared and begin to march within the next two days, towards the Hungarian-Polish border.

Due to conflicting interests with both Poland and the Holy Roman Empire, Holland is forced to stay neutral.

**Classified**
With news of war a messenger was quickly dispatched to Brandenburg with the following message:
[quote]To the esteemed Duke of Brandenburg,
My son, John of Avesnes is currently residing in Krakow, and is serving in the dispicable King of Poland castle as Minister of Finance . We would be most grateful if he could be evacuated from Krakow without harm, or as little as possible and in the efforts of intra-Imperial relations, will will divert all funds from the Polish into Brandenburgs banks.

John II of Avesnes, Count of Holland. [/quote]

Edited by Stefano Palmieri

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' date='26 April 2010 - 06:51 AM' timestamp='1272261088' post='2275746']
Due to conflicting interests with both Poland and the Holy Roman Empire, Holland is forced to stay neutral.

**Classified**
With news of war a messenger was quickly dispatched to Brandenburg with the following message:
[/quote]

**Classified**
The messenger would find a regent in Berlin, as the duke was off fighting the Polish. The regent, speaking with the authority of Duke Friedrich II, sent the messenger back with a reply.

[quote]Honorably Count John II of Holland,
I speak on behalf of the entire Duchy when I thank you for this unbelievable offer. Your son shall be treated as a guest of the Duke when we, or the Austrians, come upon him. The funds from the Polish banks will help us in our war effort massively.

Signed on behalf of Duke Friedrich II,
Regent von Schultz[/quote]

Von Schultz also sent a messenger each to the Duke, and to the commander of the Austrians in the south.

[quote]Good Sir,
The County of Holland recently informed us that the Son of the Count is acting as Minister of Finance for the Kingdom of Poland. This means the Dutch have control over the Polish money supplies. In exchange for the safety of his son, John III of Avesnes, the Dutch will transfer all of the Polish banks' contents to Brandenburg. Should you come upon him, please treat him as an honored guest.

Signed,
Regent von Schultz[/quote]