Congratulations Karma

silentkiller

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='F15pilotX' date='25 April 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1272168484' post='2273835']
There are reasons why habits are formed.

Good show by Londo, at any rate.

edit - infinite citadel, see Londo's post above.
[/quote]

I saw it after I posted, it took me a while to find the original surrender thread so I could double check my facts before posting :P

Ok, I think morality of Karma alliances may be a little over rated, but we shouldn't all be jumping at each other to take pot shots here. I know I don't like it when I'm on the wrong end of it, and I'm guessing no one here would like it either, hate will keep us all from enjoying CN.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' date='24 April 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1272168601' post='2273840']
You aren't doing much to change the image of the Order by making this thread.
[/quote]I don't believe he was trying to. It would be rather pointless if that was his object, at any rate. :P

Edited by F15pilotX

Oh hey, a thread where someone throws accusations without doing any research whatsoever. Never seen one of these before.

Who wants to start the bidding on whether silentkiller will admit to being wrong or not?

Edited by JackSkellington

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='25 April 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1272168652' post='2273842']
Ok, I think morality of Karma alliances may be a little over rated, but we shouldn't all be jumping at each other to take pot shots here. I know I don't like it when I'm on the wrong end of it, and I'm guessing no one here would like it either, hate will keep us all from enjoying CN.
[/quote]
Sniping is fine, especially when someone tries to imply Karma was as bad or worse as the Hegemony and then discovering that the original poster was [b]completely wrong[/b].

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='25 April 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1272168811' post='2273849']
Sniping is fine, especially when someone tries to imply Karma was as bad or worse as the Hegemony and then discovering that the original poster was [b]completely wrong[/b].
[/quote]

Snipers are terrible. You should always go with the assault kit. Keeps em on the defense.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='24 April 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1272168811' post='2273849']
[/quote]As far as I know, the 'Hegemony' didn't have many problems with protecting people who surrendered to them, so this comparison doesn't seem to fit the topic.

Personally, my first reaction was "heh, now isn't THAT ironic?"

Edited by F15pilotX

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='25 April 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1272168807' post='2273848']
Oh hey, a thread where someone throws accusations without doing any research whatsoever. Never seen one of these before.

Who wants to start the bidding on whether silentkiller will admit to being wrong or not?
[/quote]

There are a couple other posters who posted immediately after the OP who share an almost equal amount of egg on the face. My guess is none of them will say a word.

[quote name='F15pilotX' date='25 April 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1272168930' post='2273851']
As far as I know, the 'Hegemony' didn't have many problems with protecting people who surrendered to them, so this comparison doesn't seem to fit the topic.[/quote]
You guys had a lot more practice with all the curbstomps you put on.

[quote]Personally, my first reaction was "heh, now isn't THAT ironic?"
[/quote]
Too bad you're wrong - isn't THAT ironic.

Edited by Arcturus Jefferson

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='25 April 2010 - 04:15 AM' timestamp='1272168933' post='2273852']
There are a couple other posters who posted immediately after the OP who share an almost equal amount of egg on the face. My guess is none of them will say a word.
[/quote]
I'm still blaming gRAMlins.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='25 April 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1272168933' post='2273852']
[/quote]
I said it would [i]seem[/i] like a violation (had the guy actually been an applicant), although I never it said it definitely was. Since NPO says he's not actually an applicant its not a violation of terms in this instance. Raiding the guy still seems unnecessary though and I hope he uses those nukes.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='24 April 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1272169061' post='2273857']
You guys had a lot more practice with all the curbstomps you put on.[/quote]Which also means more chances to screw up.

Nice little potshot though.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='24 April 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1272169061' post='2273857']Too bad you're wrong - isn't THAT ironic.
[/quote]Which is your opinion. Before Londo posted, it certainly looked ironic that an alliance supposed to be protecting another raided it instead.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='24 April 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1272168811' post='2273849']
[/quote]

Just to clarify my prior comment was critical of the OP and not any other comments.

Guy decides he wants to avoid being raided by using a misspelling of an untouchable AA. Raiders avoid him, and he doesn't come up on any ghost hunting sweep. Been done for like...forever. <_<

If there is a flag to be raised, it's that it seems a bit odd that Londo would be checking out "NPO Applicant" or misspellings thereof for targets and would actually go to NPO for clearance.

Target pool getting a bit slim at Athens?

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='25 April 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1272169347' post='2273864']
Even if he was a real applicant (or a full member for that matter), the war would be totally legitimate and justified.
[/quote]
Are you saying the applicant AA for NPO isn't under protection via surrender terms or breaking the terms is justified? I wouldn't know for sure if the applicant AA is under protection having not been involved in peace talks for NPO, but NPO seems to be under the impression it is.

[quote name='Methrage' date='25 April 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1272169792' post='2273876']
Are you saying the applicant AA for NPO isn't under protection via surrender terms or breaking the terms is justified? I wouldn't know for sure if the applicant AA is under protection having not been involved in peace talks for NPO, but NPO seems to be under the impression it is.
[/quote]

No, I am saying that if that nation was a member of NPO he would be in violation of terms and sentenced to single ZI.

[quote]VI. All terms in this section must be complied with fully within one month of terms being signed. Nations in violation of military decom terms will be deemed rogues and sentenced to single ZI by all Karma signatories of this document.[/quote]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='25 April 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1272169900' post='2273877']
No, I am saying that if that nation was a member of NPO he would be in violation of terms and sentenced to single ZI.
[/quote]
Alright, thanks for clarification.

[quote name='Methrage' date='25 April 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1272169792' post='2273876']
[/quote]

To further elaborate Lord Brendan's post, read my post I made earlier about the improvements/nukes.

[quote name='F15pilotX' date='25 April 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1272169389' post='2273866']
Which also means more chances to screw up.

Nice little potshot though.[/quote]
Thanks babe.

[quote]Which is your opinion. Before Londo posted, it certainly looked ironic that an alliance supposed to be protecting another raided it instead.[/quote]
Then I guess we'll all just have to be happy silentkiller was wrong. :)