If Planet Bob Had a Draft like the NFL

PrinceArutha

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='24 April 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1272173489' post='2273978']
For what its worth, you'd be my pick for that position Sir Paul.
[/quote]

[quote name='goldielax25' date='24 April 2010 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1272174164' post='2274003']
I'd take hawk 11 in a heartbeat over Sir Paul :P
[/quote]

You people should really consider Hime Themis.

My fantasy lineup would be.

Me - Supreme leader and messiah of all CN
Moo - Regent
Sir Paul - Publicity
Doitzel - Sidekick & Foreign affairs (Tights optional)
Mary the Fantabulous - Internal Affairs
Cortath - General of the army
Brenann - Guy who knows stuff about stuff
Death - Art Director
GEwilliam - Finance
Rebel Virginia - Official loose cannon
Sal Paradise - Minister of morality

Edited by Prime minister Johns

[quote name='Desperado' date='24 April 2010 - 10:09 PM' timestamp='1272161332' post='2273684']
Don't jump ahead of yourself, I said mil not Dictator. That position is reserved for Ramirus.
[/quote]
Putting someone like that in charge of military is essentially the same thing as making them a dictator, but making them wait a week to get it.

[quote name='lebubu' date='23 April 2010 - 09:48 PM' timestamp='1272073674' post='2272601']
Presenting... my dream [i]biumviracy[/i].

Biumvirs: babyjesus, lebubu

Minister of War: Joker in active mode
Minister of Economics: James I
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Archon (SUCK IT)
Minister of Internal Affairs: kamichi
Reichsminister für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda: Denial
[/quote]
Close, but not quite perfect.

[b]Tri[/b]umvirs: babyjesus, lebubu, RamirusMaximus
Minister of War: a dragonball z-esque fusion of a clone of me, liquidmercury, and impero
Minister of Economics: Azaghul
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Archon
Minister of Internal Affairs: Lord of Destruction
~castellan of the keep~: kamichi
Reichsminister für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda: Denial

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='Sunstar' date='23 April 2010 - 05:55 AM' timestamp='1271994905' post='2271612']
People I think could possibly go first round in no particular order [b](bold are ones I'd specifically try to pick up)[/b]:

Ivan
[b]Archon[/b]
Ejay
Doitzel
Dilber
[b]Arsenal[/b]
Ardus
[b]Electron Sponge[/b]
Delta
Tyga

Others I would actively try to draft:

Penguin
SirWilliam
Merlin
Virillus/Drai (package deal if possible)
Kevlar
[/quote]

I made you and this is how you repay? You wound me deep, Sunnie.

Archon- God/Emperor/King/Whatever
Shamed- He's always #2
Rafael Nadal- FA
New Reverie - War
Nitemarebeforechristmas- IA
bros - forums and stuff
Stumpy - propoganda - Besides you get all of purple with him.
Londo- Finance
rsox- no particular reason as rsox sucks equally in all fields but if you got stuck with Londo you had to pick rsox its like having a chaser after a strong drink. :v:
Conebone/Yesitsbobby- FA - they are pretty much one entity of total win/!@#$%^ry (therefore equal 1 pick)
General Vengeance- Recruitment- when active this guy could recruit
Tamerlane- Finance- can never have enough finance nor drunken humor.

Also thought about drafting and probably would pick in the 2nd round.
Tyler -but he's like a flashy wide reciever with a bad attitude problem who knows what the heck he'll do.
Wargarden
Ninmeister
Liquid Mercury- too easy of a pick
Tygaland- once again too easy
Dan123123- vastly underrated leader
Nitroburn- ditto
Augusta
SirWilliam
Medtech
Hombre
Alicia

i think like any other draft, you'd have to have the stats in front of you...if for nothing else to see how'd they'd play with others on your list, and how balanced your "team" would be.

Experience (EXP), Ego (EGO), Alignment (+/-), Military (MIL), Admin (ADM), Internal Affairs (IA), Foriegn Affairs (FA), Economics (ECO), Espionage (ESP), Activity (ACT), etc.

Once you get all those things factored in you could have a proper draft, i think. in a 20 team league most of the people listed above would be gone in the first two rounds and then you'd have to start doing some real thinking. Assuming there are deputies (back-ups), utility, etc, this thing could go 16 or 20 rounds.

or...just...pick people and assume no one else would want them too :ph34r:

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='24 April 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1272166846' post='2273798']
I'm a little surprised at the lack of media/propaganda picks... perhaps it's not important.
[/quote]
Hey, a good propagandaist is not seen nor heard, Paul. After all, it's not propaganda; it's just the way things are.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='26 April 2010 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1272241657' post='2275101']
I'm surprised at the lack of our good buddy Zhadum. The man went out with enough pizazz.
[/quote]

Ugh, please. Trying to think metaphors to describe him in government that somehow do not relate to cancer but I'm unable to find any.

[quote name='mattski133' date='26 April 2010 - 04:42 PM' timestamp='1272318143' post='2276423']
i think like any other draft, you'd have to have the stats in front of you...if for nothing else to see how'd they'd play with others on your list, and how balanced your "team" would be.

Experience (EXP), Ego (EGO), Alignment (+/-), Military (MIL), Admin (ADM), Internal Affairs (IA), Foriegn Affairs (FA), Economics (ECO), Espionage (ESP), Activity (ACT), etc.

Once you get all those things factored in you could have a proper draft, i think. in a 20 team league most of the people listed above would be gone in the first two rounds and then you'd have to start doing some real thinking. Assuming there are deputies (back-ups), utility, etc, this thing could go 16 or 20 rounds.

or...just...pick people and assume no one else would want them too :ph34r:
[/quote]

Who stats everyone out though?

[quote name='New Frontier' date='25 April 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1272244315' post='2275174']
Supreme Chancellor: Yours Truly
Vice Chair: Jaym
Senate Prefect: Princess Ro

Chairman of the Intergalactic Banking Clan: Savethecheerleader
High Envoy: Dementual
Grand Admiral: Amelsh
Grand Jedi Master: Jaym
[/quote]
I see what you did there.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='25 April 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1272244315' post='2275174']
Supreme Chancellor: Yours Truly
Vice Chair: Jaym
Senate Prefect: Princess Ro

Chairman of the Intergalactic Banking Clan: Savethecheerleader
High Envoy: Dementual
Grand Admiral: Amelsh
Grand Jedi Master: Jaym
[/quote]

Together this alliance shall destroy the Reapers!

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='28 April 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1272496150' post='2278959']
[/quote]

This man has a point. At least as far as CN is concerned. And even scouts don't give attributes a numerical value most of the time, unless they work for EA Sports or Sports Interactive or someone like that :P

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='28 April 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1272509419' post='2279260']
Together this alliance shall destroy the Reapers!
[/quote]

ICWUTUDIDTHUR :P

I'd be the Randy Moss of any draft.

Anyway, mine would be cool, and I'll even exclude myself as I'll play the position of owner.

Triumvirate: Ninja R, Chimaera, Schattenmann
Advisor to the Triumvirate: Doitzel
Minister of War: Kaiser Martens
Deputy: mpol
Minister of Internal Affairs: Emperor Marx
Deputy: Jonathan Brookbank
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Chief Savage Man
Deputy: Alomran (your real name)
Minister of Worshipping Starfox101: Lyon S. Kennedy

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='29 April 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1272496150' post='2278959']
[/quote]

we'd all have to agree on a panel of some kind, or find someone who knows nearly everything about CN history, and they'd all have to be willing to sacrifice the rest of their lives compiling data.

[quote name='Uralica' date='29 April 2010 - 04:56 AM' timestamp='1272513361' post='2279338']
This man has a point. At least as far as CN is concerned. And even scouts don't give attributes a numerical value most of the time, unless they work for EA Sports or Sports Interactive or someone like that :P[/quote]

kind of like how yahoo! sports ranks players (the o-fac...i mean o-rank) based on their stats. someone must have delivered an equation of some kind to factor all that in and arrive at a score, which was then sorted to list high score to low score as rank 1 and so on.

i can't even imagine how long it would take to develop something like that here. you'd really have to have interested parties submit their resume's lol.

:|

Bored. This is a result.

[b]Emperor:[/b] Dilber (needs no 'xplaining)
[b]IO of FA:[/b] Cortath (you would be surprised how well Dilber/Cortath would work. They would be too. Trust me.)
[b]IO of IA:[/b] Mussolandia (needs no 'xplaining)
[b]IO of PR:[/b] Sir Paul (needs no 'xplaining)

That was the easy part,...

[b]IO of Econ:[/b] Bakunin's Dream (math guy. I hate math)
[b]IO of War:[/b] Zha'dum (I have no idea who to put here,...such tedious work)

[b]Advisor, FA:[/b] Philosopher (you know it)
[b]Advisor, IA:[/b] Sei (seemed as a great guy)
[b]Advisor, PR:[/b] Archon (his duty would be to help write great propaganda speeches,..."No draconian terms", etc.)
[b]Advisor, Econ[/b] Tryan (I know most of you do not know him, some should,...I wonder if they still do)
[b]Advisor, War:[/b] ...dunno,...such tedious work,...Dopp Ginger?

[b]Shadow Overlord:[/b] Ivan Moldavi (needs no 'xplaining)

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Branimir' date='30 April 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1272655770' post='2281500']
[b]IO of FA:[/b] Cortath (you would be surprised how well Dilber/Cortath would work. They would be too. Thrust me.)
[/quote]

Do I spy a freudian slip?

[quote name='James I' date='30 April 2010 - 09:32 PM' timestamp='1272655956' post='2281504']
I don't want to thrust you. :(
[/quote]
Spelling mistake. I apologize.

[quote name='USMC123' date='30 April 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1272656108' post='2281507']
Do I spy a freudian slip?
[/quote]
My bad English, only.