a World Federation announcement

Enrage

[quote name='ComradeHitochi' date='26 April 2010 - 08:04 PM' timestamp='1272308658' post='2276224']
VE never made an official announcement stating that their entire alliance was behind it. They had individual members[b] (albeit some are in govt)[/b] support it in this thread. As I am sure you do not speak for your whole alliance stating that you all condemn it (unless you announce it, with an alliance flag and all that good stuff, I take it to mean your alliance is not officially against it).
[/quote]

Oh hey there, I didn't even need to contradict you, you did it yourself. Goob job.

[quote]
I believe GGA said it best when they said [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=30714"]Proof = were bigger[/url]. Karmas a !@#$%* right? But hey you only agree with that saying sometimes.
[/quote]

You must have scraped hard on the bottom of the barrel there. Lets see: 1) that was about 2-3 years ago, 2) GGA has been couped twice since and doesn't look anywhere close to the GGA of the past 3) Karma war occurred 4) that was a pathetic attempt to create an excuse for wF to act like dicks.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Argin' date='25 April 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1272249222' post='2275320']
I'd like to state my personal opinion that this thread does not help any green alliance or green in general at all and it would be best if it were closed.
[/quote]

This is true. Nobody looks great here. It makes my neck sore seeing all the posturing going on.

I am glad to see GGA letting this go. Hopefully everyone else will let it go, too.

Does this post constitute me not letting this go? I think I'm all for letting it go.

Listen, GGA, from what I'm understanding: you don't want trouble. We don't want crap. So, with this mutual understanding, let's move on. If you don't agree with this then by all means, argue at will, and tell me how I'm openly violating my charter or whatever by posting this. I also suggest that all of my own wF members, that if JB let's it go, we do too. I suggest this for all of my friends on our side, here.

GGA, don't make this harder than it needs to be. Just let it go.

[quote name='Baltus' date='26 April 2010 - 08:24 PM' timestamp='1272327840' post='2276664']
GGA, don't make this harder than it needs to be. Just let it go.
[/quote]

I was with you fully until you said that last comment! Are you sure you are not the people that need to let this go? I mean, it is your announcement, it is your poo that GGA is stepping in. Either way, GGA is above all this, the direction there heading in now is a great one. There actions are simply within there charter and within there power. But let this thread die, it's about time this is put to sleep and everyone heads in there own direction.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='26 April 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1272305804' post='2276190']
Friends yes, random members no. When splinter alliances form, they can usually snag a Protectorate (or better) from VE, We like to see the green team grow here and are not adverse to giving them every chance to succeed.

While we of course take a dim view of people randomly messaging our memberbase, it would be just plain silly to get upset over a group of friends who mutually plan to try and start their own alliance. POT for example is a protectorate of ours that started from VE members. It's of course always sad to see active members move on, but we find it more practical to wish them luck rather than make a federal case out of it.
[/quote]

People that stay in an alliance planing to make a new alliance with out saying any thing about it to the atleast whole goverment, is not loyal friends! When they first got the idea that they would make their own alliance they could have posted in the forum (or PM'ed the whole goverment). A few words like: 'Soon we will be leaving to make our own alliance, We hope we can stay here until we are ready, but if not we will leave now.'. They could properly have left on good terms, if they had just been honorst about their intent.

[quote name='Enrage' date='26 April 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1272304430' post='2276174']
Again, compound is not a gov member. The general membership was not informed of so yet, only the gov. JB ended conversations with me quickly as he stated war on our public channel #WF[/quote]

I missed that! My bad.... :blush:

[quote]I will not post private logs between me and JB unless he grants permission of so & unless it is necessary.
[/quote]

Fair enough :)

[quote name='ComradeHitochi' date='26 April 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1272308658' post='2276224']
And wF is not GGA, so we can make our counter move, in this case offering a protectorate, any way we would like.[/quote]

Yes, it is you right to offer a protectorate to any one you like! It is just very bad taste and a hostile act to offer it to some one that you knew (I asume you knew) had not been straight with the leadership of their old alliance.

[quote]I believe tendo did step down, he was originally govt. of GGA.[/quote]

But he did not tell the whole goverment, he only told a couple friends and wF. He stayed in GGA and keept on planing. He really doing all the right things :rolleyes:

[quote]In protectorate talks it was stated that they left because they were unhappy of the 'inner circle' of GGA that consists of dementual bilrow (idk who this is) and JB. Kenfolk has admitted to the fact that he seems out of the loop as well.[/quote]

What does it matter why he was unhappy! The right thing to do if you are unhappy with our gov. is to leave or try and change what you think is brokken. He stayed and planned his new alliance with his friends and none of them told any one they was leaving.

[quote]VE never made an official announcement stating that their entire alliance was behind it. They had individual members (albeit some are in govt) support it in this thread. As I am sure you do not speak for your whole alliance stating that you all condemn it (unless you announce it, with an alliance flag and all that good stuff, I take it to mean your alliance is not officially against it).[/quote]

VE never made an official announcement, but when gov. members speak in public they most know/accept that their statement will reflect upon their alliance. My guess is that you too have an opion about what CIA thinks about this mess ;)

[quote]<+Jonathan_Brookbank[GGA]> TheNecromancer and tendo are in a state of war with the Grand Global Alliance.
^ said to enrage, can't release the full logs since enrage just said he wouldn't. But of course you can see that he wouldn't of said that to enrage unless enrage had already said that he was protecting RGN. (Why else would JB talk to wF about it at all?)

Also:
<Dementual> Find a lovely timestamp on that quote
<Dementual> Next time you go posting it around
<Dementual> It was quite a while before the wF thread was posted

Proving that the order of events should be:
1) Tendo n necro DoE.
2) wF says they will protect them
3) JB says hes at a state of war with GGA
4) wF officially announces the protectorate
5) This.[/quote]

It would be nice with some timestamps! But taking your word on the order of things!

1) Tendo n necro DoE. [i]Here Tendo makes his 'crimes' public (A little drama does not hurt)[/i]
2) wF says they will protect them [i]You give a protectorate to some one with out talking to their old alliance first[/i] :rolleyes:
3) JB says hes at a state of war with GGA [i]He was telling you about the what price Tendo (and friends) would have to pay for their acts[/i].
4) wF officially announces the protectorate [i]And even after being told that you was giving a protectorate to people that had made some 'small' mistakes you just went ahead with out as much as asking you protetorate to apologise. Not the choice I would have made![/i]
5) This. [i]And now would be a good time to apologise for the way things was handled, both by wF and RGN[/i]

[quote]I agree! At the same time though, you join an alliance when you are new to the game, reading a long charter isnt something one really wants to do. I know I didn't read ours till much later! If there was something I didn't like in there when I did read it, I probably would have left or tried to change it. But thats neither here nor there.[/quote]

And if Tendo & co had been new players when they left then it would have been a different matter, but they was not! They knew that they had signed and what they should have done. If it had just slipped their minds then they could just have say sorry and talked to the GGA Gov. but they did not.

[quote]I believe GGA said it best when they said [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=30714]Proof = were bigger[/url]. Karmas a !@#$%* right? But hey you only agree with that saying sometimes.
[/quote]

Come on, none of the people that signed that announcement is even in the current GGA Gov. and it is over 2 years old!

Edited by GoddessOfLinn

[quote name='Tungsten' date='26 April 2010 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1272308722' post='2276226']
[url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Ordo_Recolitus]From personal experience, I can assure you VE is fine with it, as long as it is done with some class and civility.[/url] For a more recent example; last I checked VE hasn't rolled Rayvon and friends.

With larger alliances this happens all the time, you just don't notice because its not a big deal.
[/quote]

And it is your right to handle it the way you want to. Glad to hear that you do not mind that people with friends in VE are free to send their VE friends offers to join new alliances they make :)
But I think we can agree that it is un-wise to offer protectorates to people that leave their alliance in bad standing or to offer protectorates to people with out asking their former alliance that their standing is.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='26 April 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1272314745' post='2276340']
Well, let me put it plainly for you: We find it to be stupid to hold members in your alliance unless it is war time. Sure, its GGAs right to try to enforce that rule, and its other peoples right to disregard it as retarded and protect those who leave.

There are certain standards of decency, and someone holding their members at gunpoint so they can cling to whats left of their alliance does not live up to them. It's pretty interesting to see so many people arguing that a few nations who wanted to leave [i]GGA [/i]and make an alliance should be attacked. Really, really interesting lol
[/quote]

Execept they was not keept as members at gun point until they disregarded their own oath, and as I understand it 99.9% af GGA member that leave has no problems with doing so. No, this was people that knew what they did, so the very least they could do was to apologise and maybe just maybe this mess would just go away ;)

[quote name='Bilrow' date='28 April 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1272484429' post='2278724']
This is righteous pay back to Jonathan when he pulled the same actions long ago leaving GGA and recruiting people.
[/quote]

This message is brought to you buy the letter S, and the word of the day is Schadenfreude.