a World Federation announcement

Enrage

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='21 April 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1271905216' post='2270115']
Good show WF.

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=51613&hl=protected%20nation&st=0"]For some reason, this thread seems really familiar...[/url]
[/quote]
:v: *groan*

You just had to bring that back from the grave? Such a nice thread too, until a certain post on page 6 that was since deleted but quoted innumerable times .... <_<

:wacko:

Ya know, the ironic thing is that the OP claims to be on some ZI lists themselves and they are protecting others....

(Not that I agree with said lists...)

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/swrfk5.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Desperado

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='22 April 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1271976611' post='2271223']
I find it interesting that after the Green Civil War VE is content to watch the pot boil on the sphere. I watch the developing team politics with increased interest.
[/quote]

Common decency should be upheld no matter what ones color may be.

When two friends are slated for attack on the grounds that they created an alliance and left their previous alliance "without permission", it's both all to familiar and just plain not right, so while VE is completely uninvolved, we do applaud our allies in WF for stepping up and ejecting reason into the situation.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='22 April 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1271977965' post='2271240']

When two friends are slated for attack on the grounds that they created an alliance and left their previous alliance "without permission", it's both all to familiar and just plain not right, so while VE is completely uninvolved, we do applaud our allies in WF for stepping up and ejecting reason into the situation.
[/quote]
Well you are involved, WF would not move without you to back them. However, they and VE are correct in their actions.

[quote name='Corinan' date='22 April 2010 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1271979243' post='2271279']
Who is World Federation? Did they just form?
[/quote]
We've been around for little less than a year.

[quote name='Corinan' date='22 April 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1271979243' post='2271279']
Who is World Federation? Did they just form?
[/quote]
[url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/wF"]Wiki Page[/url] -tons of details ;)

And, thanks everyone, especially our friends on green. We wub all of you. :wub:

[quote name='Enrage' date='23 April 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1271986620' post='2271404']
A new green alliance's existence shall not be threatened simply cause they left without a particular person's permission.
[/quote]

I agree. I only wonder if you were taking advantage of the situation though.

[quote name='Enrage' date='22 April 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1271986620' post='2271404']
A new green alliance's existence shall not be threatened simply cause they left without a particular person's permission.
[/quote]

[quote]Article II. Any nation currently represented in The Entente has the right to secede at any time if it so wishes. [b]However, it is required to submit a letter of resignation to the Secretary of the Interior.[/b] If a nation wishes to be readmitted into The Entente, it must follow the same admission guidelines as first-time applicants. However, the Lord and Secretaries retain the right to restrict membership flow during times of war and mandate repercussions for desertion.[/quote]

So if someone leaves Viridia, and is declared EoTE due to failure to adhere to policy - they're free game to be protected without fear or repercussions?

** Yes - I'm fully aware this is a wF announcement, not a Viridian announcement. The relevance of the question is based on the fact that these people left against their previous charter, a sovereignty wF has no more control over than they do Viridias in the sense of this question **

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='22 April 2010 - 07:27 PM' timestamp='1271978815' post='2271264']
Well you are involved, WF would not move without you to back them. However, they and VE are correct in their actions.
[/quote]
Given the relative strength of the two I would presume WF more than capable of handling any complaints by GGA on their own. I will however admit some degree of ignorance with regard to GGA's current treaty set.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='22 April 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1271977965' post='2271240']

[/quote]

I believe the issue was attempted recruiting, not a simple departure. I recall a certain former Viridian, who now resides in the NSO gaining quite a bit of grief from you when he was accused of the same crime.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='23 April 2010 - 05:07 AM' timestamp='1271995621' post='2271626']
I believe the issue was attempted recruiting, not a simple departure. I recall a certain former Viridian, who now resides in the NSO gaining quite a bit of grief from you when he was accused of the same crime.
[/quote]
From my understanding of the situation, the original 3 were going to be Kenfolk, Necro and tendo. The friends planning on making an alliance, nothing more, happens all the time. Poaching would be if they were recruiting an uninvolved party, most of the time unknown to the poacher and tries to recruit them.

Tendo and Necro did the former, your member did the latter.

[quote name='sethb' date='23 April 2010 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1271996632' post='2271644']
From my understanding of the situation, the original 3 were going to be Kenfolk, Necro and tendo. The friends planning on making an alliance, nothing more, happens all the time. Poaching would be if they were recruiting an uninvolved party, most of the time unknown to the poacher and tries to recruit them.

Tendo and Necro did the former, your member did the latter.
[/quote]

It is my understanding these individuals solicited others to go with them.

I can assure you, his first known attempt of war against RGN was caused by the departure.
After that plan didn't go well, then came another excuse, the "recruiting excuse". Stating Tendo illegally recruited Necromancer, who apparently is also the sole leader of this new alliance..

edit :spelling

Edited by Enrage

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='22 April 2010 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1271978815' post='2271264']
[/quote]
I think wF can move and think for our selfs.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='23 April 2010 - 05:07 AM' timestamp='1271995621' post='2271626']
[/quote]

Mass PMing noobs who recently joined up and who you have never contacted before and asking them to join an alliance your starting (which was the case with the person[s] who your referencing, and we still didn't attack him over it) is quite different then two friends asking a third friend if he wanted to help start an alliance ;)

There is a different former Viridian who did the latter, and rather then ending up on our ZI list, he ended up with a protectorate instead. Different strokes for different folks I guess. But hey, whats important is that reason ruled the day and all is now well, no?

[quote name='Ardus' date='22 April 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1271994104' post='2271590']
Given the relative strength of the two I would presume WF more than capable of handling any complaints by GGA on their own. I will however admit some degree of ignorance with regard to GGA's current treaty set.
[/quote]

Brigade, and MASH. They mentioned in the coup thread they were dropping everything but those two.