Italia the Bold

Franz Ferdinand

The Pope was adjusting his zucchetto after his 'exchange of the arts' with Giulia Farnese in the city of Canino and this 'important discussion' lasted for quite some time. "She really knows the best ways on getting the Papal Spectre spotless. I really should make a mental note to discuss the finer things some more with her. Oh well, time to attend to official business."

With this, the Pope got onto his loyal stallion and rode off with his cardinals riding beside him towards Rome. He couldn't be late to such an important meeting.

After a somewhat uneventful journey, the Pope finally reached Rome and after greeting his loyal citizens, he entered the Apostolic Palace and started to get himself ready for the arrival of the arriving party.

Her meeting with Romagna was fruitful, and brought about new relations with deserving Italians. She made a mental note to stop by Milan soon as to concrete the relations she wished to have with them. Much was on her plate, and she wished to have relations with all Italians before any wars would stop her. Before entering Florence, the Queen's riders informed her that the Pope wished to have audience with her. At this notice, the promptly turned to Rome and made haste.

As the caravan came into view of the city of Rome, she rode ahead, and broke free of the pack. She maintained a safe distance with her guards who also took off. She approached the gates to which Louis would announce her presense. From there, she was given safe passage to the Apostolic Palace. She dismounted her horse and climbed the steps to the Palace. The doors were opened to her, and she finally in the presense of the Pope. She kneeled, bowed her head, and said,

"Your Holiness, I am Queen Joan the II of Sicily, I am but yout humble servant. "

Pope Alexander VI was taken aback by the awe-inspiring beauty of this most gracious of Queens.

"My child, I thank you for visiting me at this most beautiful of times in the year. How was your journey here, I hope that no ill-fortune befell you and God protected you from any heretics whose sole purpose is to poison the minds of God's children and convert them to false teachings of Satan, the diabolical serpent?"

I casted all the demons away from my lands, and I know they would never venture to your country, the holiest of them all. So yes, my journey was a safe one. I have followed your word to the end and I ask for some guidance. I seek the right to unit the ungoverned province of Marche to my own so that I can better protect you, my Holiness and your Church. My hands will be free of weapons until you grant me the power to smite any who challenge you and the Lord.

It is a great honor that you deliver me such land. I will be sure to lead it justly. I will also defend it, as well as use its close proximity to your borders as a way to deliver protection to you on a moments notice. Tell me, Your Holiness, what else do you ask of me?