Who's Tech Dealing With The Gramlins

Bilrow

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='20 April 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1271823630' post='2268780']
[size="7"]TOP LOOK HERE FOR YOUR INDIRECT TECH DEALS FOR REPS !!!![/size]

Edit: I know, I'm not very subtle :P
[/quote]
Settle down Beavis, no yelling. :)

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mustakrakish II' date='20 April 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1271824207' post='2268790']
Is this another "Bilrow trying to cause trouble" thread?
[/quote]
I wouldn't have it any other way.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='20 April 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1271822804' post='2268758']
Words < Actions

If you don't support them, sell to someone else. Not that hard. If you really can't find buyers, I will find you some personally.
[/quote]
[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='20 April 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1271823630' post='2268780']
[size="7"]TOP LOOK HERE FOR YOUR INDIRECT TECH DEALS FOR REPS !!!![/size]

Edit: I know, I'm not very subtle :P
[/quote]

We won't be replacing any tech deals. If a FAR nation has any unused slots ANY buyer is welcome to fill it.

Now, you can think we are supporting Gramlins if you like...but these are merely a few tech deals.

Be fair in your "policy" and call for those aiding IRON to stop then I will take you seriously.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='20 April 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1271819423' post='2268668']
I say again, when Bilrow posts a breakdown of Who is dealing with IRON/Allies...then I might care.

Otherwise, I really don't care for the OP or posts showing fake outrage.

Have all foreign aid stop flowing to IRON/Allies and we may stop dealing with Gramlins.

Anyways, this topic is done...really nothing more to see here besides people argue. You all have fun even though you won't change anything.
[/quote]

Or...you could stop the rationalizations and acknowledge that your tech dealing does in fact aid Gramlins and help them in their goals as an alliance, currently to get an unconditional surrender out of IRON.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='20 April 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1271817922' post='2268635']
I would suggest that it is [b]not[/b] customary for tech deals with an alliance on the winning side to be suspended. I can think of no time where such a thing has been officially announced: I [i]can[/i] think of times where alliances have announced that they would continue selling tech to alliances in the middle of curbstomping others.
[/quote]
Actually, we did it.

We suspended a tech deal with TOP because first they attacked GPA, then we attacked Illuminati. Man was it a headache. Mostly my headache. <_<

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='21 April 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1271823390' post='2268774']
If you can find the people to not only replace Gre but fill our slots (so we're not just switching Gre out and not gaining anything) then I'll be glad to pass it along to the Finance Staff.
[/quote]
Yeah, come talk to us, or plenty of other people honestly. There are tons of tech buyers out there.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='20 April 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1271825116' post='2268810']

Be fair in your "policy" and call for those aiding IRON to stop then I will take you seriously.
[/quote]

Policy creating process

1. Identify problems : IRON & Dawn are being abused
2. Set goals : Help IRON and Dawn get peace
3. Identify options: Attacking GRE (BAD), Diplomatic Pressure/Strong criticism (has been working), Tech embargo (working decently)
4. Implement
5. Evaluate & repeat

If the problem is IRON is being abused by other worldly surrender terms, and our goal is to help them get peace, why would we limit their ability to succeed under this threat?

[ooc] Can you tell I'm a public administration major? [/ooc]

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='20 April 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1271825599' post='2268823']1. Identify problems : IRON & Dawn are being abused[/quote]

How exactly are they being abused? It looks to me like the Gramlins are giving them a chance to win the war. They should be commended.

Edited by Sal Paradise

[quote name='Shodemofi' date='20 April 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1271825184' post='2268812']
Or...you could stop the rationalizations and acknowledge that your tech dealing does in fact aid Gramlins and help them in their goals as an alliance, currently to get an unconditional surrender out of IRON.
[/quote]

I don't care about Gramlins/IRON war. The tech dealing does in fact aid FAR nations and help them in their goals, currently to reach 3999infra.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='20 April 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1271825599' post='2268823']
Policy creating process

1. Identify problems : IRON & Dawn are being abused
2. Set goals : Help IRON and Dawn get peace
3. Identify options: Attacking GRE (BAD), Diplomatic Pressure/Strong criticism (has been working), Tech embargo (working decently)
4. Implement
5. Evaluate & repeat

If the problem is IRON is being abused by other worldly surrender terms, and our goal is to help them get peace, why would we limit their ability to succeed under this threat?

[ooc] Can you tell I'm a public administration major? [/ooc]
[/quote]

Shodemofi and SCY and anyone else.... Gramlins 60 some nations will eventually lose or white peace to IRON's 300+ nations, if IRON organizes itself. So, I don't believe we are helping Gramlins achieve any surrender from IRON/DAWN. Plus, we did not seek Gramlin tech buyers they came to us via a Blackmarket post as did many other buyers. Check [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83374"]This Topic[/url] if you need sellers, I update it from time to time.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='21 April 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1271826561' post='2268841']
I don't care about Gramlins/IRON war. The tech dealing does in fact aid FAR nations and help them in their goals, currently to reach 3999infra.

Shodemofi and SCY and anyone else.... Gramlins 60 some nations will eventually lose or white peace to IRON's 300+ nations, if IRON organizes itself. So, I don't believe we are helping Gramlins achieve any surrender from IRON/DAWN. Plus, we did not seek Gramlin tech buyers they came to us via a Blackmarket post as did many other buyers. Check [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83374"]This Topic[/url] if you need sellers, I update it from time to time.
[/quote]
What you believe is irrelevant. You are providing aid and comfort to a party at war, and furthermore holding an alliance down with the threat of unconditional surrender.

If you choose to continue to support them, that is your prerogative.

If you wish to move your deals to alliances not at war, many would be more than happy to help.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='20 April 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1271825116' post='2268810']
We won't be replacing any tech deals. If a FAR nation has any unused slots ANY buyer is welcome to fill it.

Now, you can think we are supporting Gramlins if you like...but these are merely a few tech deals.

[/quote]
No raindrop believes...

I don't think you can compare anybody aiding IRON, who has to complete other surrender terms, to the Gramlins, who are demanding an unconditional surrender.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='21 April 2010 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1271817203' post='2268612']
You're aiding an alliance at war, how is that not support?
[/quote]

Actually they are selling us Tech, aiding would be sending us money or tech and not getting anything in return.

This thread is useless

[quote name='wenwillthisend' date='21 April 2010 - 12:24 AM' timestamp='1271827444' post='2268863']
Actually they are selling us Tech, aiding would be sending us money or tech and not getting anything in return.

This thread is useless
[/quote]
It's been established that selling tech to someone indirectly supports their war.

[quote name='mitchh' date='21 April 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1271827693' post='2268867']
It's been established that selling tech to someone indirectly supports their war.
[/quote]

Established by who? you? The CN Police?
Just because a few people say something does not make it law or right

[quote name='wenwillthisend' date='21 April 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1271829130' post='2268890']
[/quote]
You're in no position to tell anyone what "right" is. Besides, its a lot more than a few people.

I am in every position to say what is right. The fact that most of CN thinks we are in the wrong is just opinion not fact.
The fact that needless threads are being made every day or 2 about us stems from boredom and sheer ignorance. Stop selling us tech, we will still survive.
This thread just adds to the unimportant in this forum. It's made to seem that people are trying to stop this war.
The whole "we can't fight GRE to help IRON cause we are stuck in terms" routine is getting boring so someone makes a thread like this to feel helpful.

[quote name='wenwillthisend' date='21 April 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1271829715' post='2268897']
I am in every position to say what is right. The fact that most of CN thinks we are in the wrong is just opinion not fact.[/quote]
No, you're not. My opinion is that your alliance can burn in hell. The fact is the terms you are asking for are ridiculous.

[quote]Stop selling us tech, we will still survive.
[/quote]
Okay, we will do that. If you'll survive, why are you getting all misty-eyed?

[quote name='wenwillthisend' date='21 April 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1271829130' post='2268890']
[/quote]
I never said it was wrong or right. Tech helps in war. Tech is purchased from tech deals. Tech sellers help you in war.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='21 April 2010 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1271829913' post='2268899']
No, you're not. My opinion is that your alliance can burn in hell. The fact is the terms you are asking for are ridiculous.[/quote]

I do feel the same way about TORN, I really do. I am glad we have a mutual feeling here, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. To you and alot of others in the peanut gallery sure, why not. I find your alliance ridiculous but I will not make thread after thread about it.
[quote]
Okay, we will do that. If you'll survive, why are you getting all misty-eyed?
[/quote]

Please explain how I am getting all misty-eyed, I am so dying to know this.

When it comes to this thread and all the other threads about us and how we are idiots and such it is quite simple.

Put up or shut up.