IRON Dispatch

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look back upon my time with IRON in my last playthrough and cannot help but be nostalgic. I don't know many of you now but those who were around during my tenure there were some of the best comrades that I ever had the honor to serve with.

Although I disagreed politically with some of the decisions that were made after my departure I still consider you old timers some of the most classy and dignified people that I have met. I am not surprised to see IRON still here after 4 years and would not be surprised if they are still around for four more as long as the old guys steer the new guys in the right direction.

Ferro Credimus my dear old friends from your former brother in arms,

Furytear.

[quote name='Cynic' date='21 April 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1271806197' post='2268387']
I look back upon my time with IRON in my last playthrough and cannot help but be nostalgic. I don't know many of you now but those who were around during my tenure there were some of the best comrades that I ever had the honor to serve with.

Although I disagreed politically with some of the decisions that were made after my departure I still consider you old timers some of the most classy and dignified people that I have met. I am not surprised to see IRON still here after 4 years and would not be surprised if they are still around for four more as long as the old guys steer the new guys in the right direction.

Furytear.
[/quote]

Now there is an old face indeed, I had no idea you were still around, good to see you again Furytear. :)

[quote name='Cynic' date='20 April 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1271806197' post='2268387']

Furytear.
[/quote]

Fury, its been a long time since I've seen you around. I had no idea you still played. Good to see you man, stop by on IRC sometime.

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='20 April 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1271808921' post='2268432']
4 years, ye old farts? Congrats.
[/quote]

Yeah I'm old, what of it. Get off my lawn ya whippersnapper!

[quote name='MCRABT' date='20 April 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1271809307' post='2268441']
Now there is an old face indeed, I had no idea you were still around, good to see you again Furytear. :)
[/quote]

I remember you and it's good to see that you worked your way up the ranks. I came back and kept my head down just so that I can enjoy just being a regular member, I never forgot you guys its just that there's no way I would have been able to do that if I rejoined when I restarted...

[quote name='Cynic' date='21 April 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1271810165' post='2268461']
I remember you and it's good to see that you worked your way up the ranks. I came back and kept my head down just so that I can enjoy just being a regular member, I never forgot you guys its just that there's no way I would have been able to do that if I rejoined when I restarted...
[/quote]

Indeed I can remember you were quite synonymous with the membership during your time as Secretary of State, I understand all to well the calling of the quiet life. Don't be a stranger stop by on irc sometime. :)

[quote name='TheMadStork' date='21 April 2010 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1271806483' post='2268391']
Congrats guys and here's to many more!
[/quote]

Indeed. Also, awesome sig.

Yay team.

[quote name='Cynic' date='20 April 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1271810165' post='2268461']
[/quote]
Huh. Alright then.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='20 April 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1271811835' post='2268488']
Five points to the person who knows IRONs' first MDP treaty (Whether secretive or not)
[/quote]

Blue Steel Concords, no? With Halsa gone I believe it is now the oldest active MDP.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='20 April 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1271814069' post='2268536']
Atoning without apologizing? OK, if you think that's possible....

Happy birthday.
[/quote]

Things happened, they were part of our world then. We believed they were the best for the republic. An apology would say "my bad" atonement would say let's understand what happened and move forward IMO

[quote name='dvdcchn' date='20 April 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1271817205' post='2268613']
Things happened, they were part of our world then. We believed they were the best for the republic. An apology would say "my bad" atonement would say let's understand what happened and move forward IMO
[/quote]

That's not what atonement means. To atone for something means to make amends for it. You can't really make amends for something without recognizing that what you did was bad.