IRON Dispatch

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vilien' date='20 April 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1271798591' post='2268144']
I understand the appeal of free verse poetry, but an announcement like this from one of our world's oldest alliances should carry a bit more gravity.

Congratulations nonetheless.
[/quote]

thank you for your well wishes, i wanted to keep things a bit modest as we are still at war. however, it has been corrected

[quote name='montypython' date='20 April 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1271799953' post='2268215']
Question. What makes you "Independent?"
[/quote]

The same thing that makes you sovereign, the ability to do as we dam well like. The name IRON was chosen during our period as a negatively Independent alliance e.g we had no external treaties. This is negative independence in the same context as Liberty has both negative and positive definitions. We were never neutral but were never committed to anyone. However, in the modern period of IRON we have pursued the notion of "positive independence", the most recent example of which is our on going battle with Gremlins and refusal to surrender this notion. :)

Edited by MCRABT

[quote name='MCRABT' date='20 April 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1271801579' post='2268271']
The same thing that makes you sovereign, the ability to do as we dam well like. The name IRON was chosen during our period as a negatively Independent alliance e.g we had no external treaties. This is negative independence in the same context as Liberty has both negative and positive definitions. We were never neutral but were never committed to anyone. However, in the modern period of IRON we have pursued the notion of "positive independence", the most recent example of which is our on going battle with Gremlins and refusal to surrender this notion. :)
[/quote]
Well said.

Bob's opinion of IRON is growing, and I think it'll continue to do so for some time.

Congrats on your birthday. Everyone I have ever met from IRON has always been a decent person. This world needs alliances like IRON around to keep it interesting and fun.

I hope that this mess with GRE ends soon and I offer any assistance in mediating a peaceful end to that particular drama. Just drop me a line...GRE or IRON. If not, then just celebrate the day and raise your glasses multiple times to your long success as a stable happy community.