ICAN be hacked!?

This is not the kind of news a leader ever wishes to share but, I have been notified, during my move to a new home btw, that ICAN forums have been hacked and, wtf, dismantled. O_O We are not at all happy about being hacked but, It seems to happen a lot around CN, so... I must say, I am kinda happy that such a little alliance has become a target. Lol. ICAN at least keep my head held high during this time. :P

We apologize to all for the inconvenience and we should have temporary forums up ASAP followed by new, stable, forums on my personal server, that has better security than the host I was using. :P We ask that any urgent diplomatic issues for ICAN be directed to GATO, our protector. We will re-establish our FA abilities once we have a stable forum up. We again, Apologize to everyone and hopefully we can get this issue fixed in a timely matter. And as always, We would like to thank our protector, for sticking by us and being there to support us in these trying times.

Signed,
Emporor
-President of ICAN

Edited by Emporor

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='18 April 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1271647624' post='2265775']
I'm sorry to hear about your forums, and I'ma let you finish, but it kind of hurt to read your announcement.

Good luck getting it sorted out, and perhaps next time try to be a little more clear in your announcement.
[/quote]

What's so confusing about this? It makes perfect sense.

And sorry ICAN.

[quote name='Sir Sci' date='19 April 2010 - 01:41 AM' timestamp='1271655647' post='2265970']
What's so confusing about this? It makes perfect sense.

And sorry ICAN.
[/quote]

Yeah, I am trying to figure out whats so confusing about it also. It's really rather simple... We had our forums hacked, now we are rebuilding them. In the mean time, we would like to redirect all urgent matters to GATO. How much simpler could it possibly get? Would you prefer it in a different language? I am fluent in several other languages besides English, if by some chance that's what you prefer. Just let me know. ;)

And thank you all for the support, Hopefully we will have some forums up soon for everyone to spam. :P

[quote name='Emporor' date='19 April 2010 - 01:17 AM' timestamp='1271657849' post='2266008']
Yeah, I am trying to figure out whats so confusing about it also. It's really rather simple... We had our forums hacked, now we are rebuilding them. In the mean time, we would like to redirect all urgent matters to GATO. How much simpler could it possibly get? Would you prefer it in a different language? I am fluent in several other languages besides English, if by some chance that's what you prefer. Just let me know. ;)
[/quote]

Regardless of fluency, your announcement wasn't exactly the most elegantly worded, which was the message of my previous post. Perhaps thats your style and you achieved precisely what you were looking for, I don't know, but I would think you may have read through an announcement before making it. I had to read a few sentences of the announcement twice to make sure I had understood them correctly.

With that aside, I do wish you the best of luck getting the forums issues resolved.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='Chalaskan' date='19 April 2010 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1271660328' post='2266044']
Lame, I think that the community should establish a hacking police force to help all alliances when something like this happens. Best wishes in getting your boards up.
[/quote]

Didn't Bros try to set up something like this? Or did I just misunderstand what it was for?

wow, that's just lame. Sorry to hear that ICAN, i hope the transition from one forum to the next goes smoothly for you guys ^_^
Silly hackers, they should know not to mess with ICAN <_<

[quote name='SpectreTehDestroyer' date='19 April 2010 - 01:03 PM' timestamp='1271696576' post='2266412']
Why hack ICAN? That's not even worth it.

Not even close.
[/quote]

Lol, well... we love you too. >_>

And I suspect we were hacked for a number of reasons, one being that we are a GATO protectorate... and lets not forget GATO was also hacked not long ago. Then there is the fact that we have some other alliances ex-govt, me myself being an ex-govt member of several noticeable alliances. Then there is the whole revenge thing from FoA for half of the govt joining ICAN. Not saying that any of these are the reasons or the people that hacked us but, ICAN is out there and you guys just fail to recognize us. I have to say though, I don't mind lurking in the shadows. It gives me the opportunity to do things, that others couldn't, without being called out for it.

We are working on getting some permanent backup forums up now. *Sigh* Its ridiculous that any alliance should have to set up backup forums due to hacking. Thank you all again for your understanding and support.

[quote name='Pangulo' date='19 April 2010 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1271707182' post='2266633']
Was it actually hacked or was it an internal job?

Kings forum hack free since 03/01/2010. :P
[/quote]

Ofc it was a hack... I am not stupid enough to give anyone the kind of power to take down forums I spent hours building. O_o And no one with 'Controlled' Admin powers is stupid enough to toy with me. I can not only make your life hell here in CN but RL too, just ask the last person who tried to hack someone I built... They paid dearly in RL. Hacking is against the law, and not just a cruel joke.