Caliing All Alliance Leaders

kitex

For a while I'd been having this idea, but it really sparked up when I read Max Brooks' [i]World War Z. [/i]I would like to know if any one (preferably alliance leaders/high government positions) would like to contribute to my project of an oral history of Cyber Nations.

So, if you'd like to participate please PM me or email me at:

ddbthewriter@gmail.com

Also if you'd like to help me in compiling this history (contacting and interviewing people), it be [i]greatly[/i] appreciated and please PM me or email be at ddbthewriter@gmail.com

Edited by kitex

It has been attempted many times before, I think you dug up the forums you could find quite a few good passages to begin your quest. You'd need to make sure the leaders you get information from take as many steps to be as objective as possible, and you'd want to verify facts via the wiki.

Good luck, I'm not nearly as old as some of these fossils to be of any use.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='18 April 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1271638659' post='2265556']
It has been attempted many times before, I think you dug up the forums you could find quite a few good passages to begin your quest. You'd need to make sure the leaders you get information from take as many steps to be as objective as possible, and you'd want to verify facts via the wiki.

Good luck, I'm not nearly as old as some of these fossils to be of any use.
[/quote]

Who you callin' a fossil? I've only been here since... Oh wow, Jan 07 which was 3 years ago... But I did re-roll three times from the darn resources before I gave up and settled with this set, dang you I [b]am[/b] old...

Anyway, on topic... If you want, contact me on IRC some time and we can talk. I know a lot of people who still play from way back when who were government members at the time.

Good luck!

Ezequiel.

Edited by Ezequiel

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' date='19 April 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1271652834' post='2265897']
I think you should get the perspective of more than just alliance leaders...
[/quote]

That's true. I"ll also try and contact some of the people who served as infantry/bankers/intel when it comes to wars and what not.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='18 April 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1271638659' post='2265556']
and you'd want to verify facts via the wiki.
[/quote]
Actually the wiki has a history of being bias.

You should get as many sides as possible about the issue before drawing up the conclusion for the oral history.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' date='19 April 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1271709048' post='2266676']
Actually the wiki has a history of being bias.

You should get as many sides as possible about the issue before drawing up the conclusion for the oral history.
[/quote]

I'll try to keep that in mind when I do wars and inter-alliance issues/conflicts. Also the oral history will not be conclusive, just a series of interviews that I hope wil bring to light the methods behind all the madness.

[quote name='jstep' date='19 April 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1271714300' post='2266819']
There used to be a well written history of the first 2 years or so by John Michaels (iirc), shouldn't be too hard to find
[/quote]

That's correct.

[url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_Cybernations]Contains some of his work.[/url]

History was most likely written by those who have been victorious in their wars. Some of those alliances may have been tyrants. Some of it may be lies or misinformation. Therefore you must get a wide range of different perspectives and documents before you can start.

You have quite a monumental task ahead of you. I wish you luck.

Mid-'06 here.

I've rerolled twice and was a government member before/during GW2 in a GUARD alliance, trying to be swayed toward the League or the Initiative.

Always tried to remain unbiased but when I've been impassioned I admittedly made some enemies; sorry GOONs. :(

But I don't have any anymore and I think I'd have some fun with this.

Since I've never been important I'd be happy to provide some outside thinking or generalized public reaction commentary.

Alas I am far to young to be of any use for pre-Karma outside of faint memories from my first nation long ago. However, if you need some information on WWE or the 2nd Unjust War I can give you the perspective of leadership from the Remnants/Ex-Heg side. Feel free to hit me up on IRC, I go by LordFingolfin there

Inside scoop for WotC, Karma, WWE, and this past war. Those at least were things I lead/co-lead as far as coalitions went and I like to think I'm a pretty unbiased person. Granted I'm not govt. so what do I know. Also could shed some light on UJA BS, GPA war, various Q wars etc. etc. etc.

[quote name='LiquidMercury' date='20 April 2010 - 02:52 AM' timestamp='1271746343' post='2267607']
Inside scoop for WotC, Karma, WWE, and this past war. Those at least were things I lead/co-lead as far as coalitions went and I like to think I'm a pretty unbiased person. [b]Granted I'm not govt. so what do I know[/b]. Also could shed some light on UJA BS, GPA war, various Q wars etc. etc. etc.
[/quote]

Clearly nothing at all friend, go back to being unimportant :P

Alot of the most knowledgable people probably are not leaders atm.

The wiki should be a help to you however, as they will mention names and alliances of interest. On that thought, most alliances chronicle and archive their own histories. Your challenge will be sifting through the bias. But then again, it's the bias that makes history interesting.

[quote name='Shoofly' date='22 April 2010 - 03:51 AM' timestamp='1271926296' post='2270521']
Alot of the most knowledgable people probably are not leaders atm.
[/quote]
This.

Also, I've been around since late 2006. I had my hand in a few historic moments, although nothing too significant. I disbanded GUARD, got both sides of the NPONOS Massacre story, and also ran several statistics charts for some time. A few of those charts are still uploaded to my Photobucket and Imageshack, so a lot of pretty old data. Personally I've never been the leader of alliance, always MoFA.