Talking to men about some Weed Overgrowth

AironthFlamewing

The King penned a short note in his study after appraising his maps looking for potential friends and allies for the coming affairs on the world stage.
He knew that he knew his Kingdom was in no immediate danger but its always good to have friends he felt.
After much pondering, the King made it clear, his decision, The Dutch.

[quote]To the county of Holland, please come to Krakow and discuss the possibility of us entering relations.
Sincerely Kazimierz IV, King of Poland [/quote]

[color="#9932CC"]The note arrived at the Count's residence in Rotterdam. With the Duke of Flanders soon to be on his way he could not yet leave the country, so his son William III would be sent in his stead.

[quote]To His majesty King Kazimierz IV,
Due to prior arrangements I shall unfortunately be unable to personally attend the meeting. However, as I write this my son, William III, had been dispatched to meet with you.
-Count John II
Count of Holland[/quote]

With that William was sent to Poland, where he arrived on the left bank of the Vistula river.[/color]

Edited by Stefano Palmieri

After passing a long journey from Wawel Castle down to the wharfs in Krakow, the King Kazimierz and his royal attendants waited patiently for the arrival of the son of the Count of Holland William the Third. Seeing a great ship approach the docks young Polish lads in the service of their country got ready and moored the ship to the dock and helped the passenger disembark.

*Fast Forwarding to the Meeting*
"Hello Good Sir, what news of your homeland do you wish to discuss this day" The King spoke with a smile.

Edited by graniteknight

[color="#9932CC"]"So this is Poland" said William. "It seems nice enough." He then proceeded to bow to the king, "Thank you for your kind invitation." he then proceeded to give the king a small bag of Gold coins. "A small gift from our nation to yours".[/color]

Edited by Stefano Palmieri

The King takes the Gold that the boy offered with a smile and places it on a table, engulfing the boy in a super tight hug, as is the custom of Poland.

Asking again after he lets the boy free of the hug-greeting, "What is it that your nation wishes to discuss with us, We in Poland approached you, so we ask most esteemed and high Holland What is it you would consider as a measure of Polish faith in new found friendship with Holland?"

Edited by graniteknight

[color="#9932CC"]"Your Highness," said William sitting down. "You flatter us with your such kind words. We would find it most agreeable to us if some sort of Economic agreement could be reached." William looked around shiftily, "We were also hoping some sort of military arrangement could be made. We will need access to land in this area to.. preserve our economic interests. So in exchange for military access, we will happily make it up to you in some way."[/color]

"An Economic agreement with the Dutch... Hmmm the King thought to himself, it would go well for Poland to have access to better Centers of Mercantile Exchange, as well as an ally in the Dutch come war time ."

After much deliberation sir, I have decided to let you build forts to protect your trade routes in my lands, and in exchange I wish to have access to your trade routes and any resources that are available to your nation, In addition I wish that a Dutchman come to Poland and become my personal economic manager, to balance the Kingdom's Budget and such like that. My last condition for this treaty to go through is that if we become closer unionized as friends and allies that you sign a Mutual Defense clause to protect us and we you.

[b][size="3"]Treaty of Krakow[/size][/b]
Preamble
In the interests of furthering the stability of the Polish and Dutch peoples, the Kingdom of Poland and the nation of Holland, hereby enter into a pact of brotherhood and alliance.

Article I.
Neither party shall raise sword or hostility against the other, so long as this pact remains valid.

Article II.
Poland shall grant the Dutch the ability to build forts upon the trade routes that run through Poland which the Dutch have control of.

Article III.
The Polish and Dutch shall share the Centres of Trade and any wealth that occurs as a result of the trade that occurs there.

Article IV.
A Dutchman later to be named shall head the Polish Finance Ministry and help keep the nation running in the positive direction so desired.

Article V.
Mutual Defence policies shall be enacted whereas both parties shall agree to defend the other in any and all times of war. In the same vein if either party goes on the offensive and attacks another, the other signer is required to come to the ally's aid.

Article IV.
Should, for any reason, either nation wishes to cancel this pact of brotherhood, they must give the other 48 hours advance warning, during which time the pact remains in effect.

Edited by graniteknight

[color="#9932CC"]"I can say, this arrangement is most pleasing for the Dutch. I have a brother, John, who is a wonderful Merchant. He shall be the one sent to manage your affairs. The mutual defence clause we have no problem with. This should lead to great economic growth for both of us."[/color]