A Minor Announcement

Good Evening,

It's been quite some time since I've been a member of this world community, with outside influences dictating the amount of time I can dedicate to matters that I will now be enumerating upon. Since my time is valuable, I will try and keep things succinct and brutally honest.

[i][b]On Echelon[/b][/i]
If ever there was an alliance that deserved to use the enigmatic mystical creature known commonly as the phoenix, it is Echelon. Since it's inception, it has listed from one battle to another - equal shares of internal and external conflict, never giving-in to the easy path of disbandment - much to the chagrin of its very vocal detractors. No, stubbornness and tenacity are the hallmarks of its membership, hallmarks which are present in every facet of the alliance - diplomatically, militarily, economically and of course socially. When one cannot finesse one's way to another solution, one must power-through with threats, war and inevitable destruction. As with the phoenix, Echelon goes through cyclic stages of revival and decay. It is this decay that has lead me to leave this evening, for it is a scourge which I cannot help it with - that of a pig-headed, unyielding, devil-may-care attitude pervasive in the higher-tiers of Echelon's government.

It all started when a certain memoryproblems insulted an honorary member of Echelon, Augusta Antonia. Triumvir of the Rubber Ducky Division and stalwart friend to Echelon, Augusta was afforded all the rights of an Echelonian bar the right to cast vote in elections. Why is it that the most fundamental rights afforded by the constitution were not afforded to this member? Like all things Echelon: political expedience. Now, due to my personal involvement with Augusta, I recused myself dealing with this matter on the grounds of a conflict of interest. It is a decision I regret, for justice was not served, nay, it was completely ignored.

Admittedly, I have not been around to execute my bestowed duties as Director in many moons, however I can not sit idly by when untruths are told. The fact that the Rubber Ducky Division, an alliance that has stuck with Echelon through thick and thin through the best and worst of times, delivers notification of treaty cancellation in a manner wholly within reason and is met with derision is indeed a marker of the current decay within Echelon.

As of 1700 AEST, 17th of April 2010, I formally and permanently revoke my membership to Echelon in protest of the policies, actions and rhetoric the government of Echelon sees fit to air to the world.

To the government (with exceptions to those who dissent) of Echelon, look upon yourselves. What the hell do you stand for these days? Is law an agreement bound by honor or by matter of convenience?

To the general membership, push for information and question your leaders. Behind the veil so masterfully weaved is, for the lack of better adjectives, ugliness and decay. Should it be necessitated, raise arms and fight for those rights.

To the Rubber Ducky Division, I personally apologize for my part in this matter. I have failed you. Please take this diatribe and these recriminations as proof that I did not want this state of affairs to arise.

To Neo Anglia, we have been comrades since time immemorial. Alas, with the lies that brought this matter to a head, I concede that this relationship is over. Should you wish to enact reprisals against Militaria, she is waiting for you. I have advised the protectors of the state to ignore advances by your nation.

To Ruggerdawg, no doubt you will assume my position in a short while. I shan't give you advice for you wouldn't take it anyway. Just know that you had fault in the RDD-Echelon matter coming to this crappy end.

Adios Echelon!

[i][b]On Militaria[/b][/i]
Changing tack, Militaria is quite inconsequential to the affairs you all revel in watching, participating in and fighting for/against. Should you wish to seek an environment that treats you as an individual leading a nation and not as a cog in a larger machine, drop by #militaria on Coldfront. Who knows, maybe spending a stint as a satellite of the state may be just the break from this world that you need. No pressure :)

Signed on behalf of the Independent State of Militaria,

Solidus117,
Commandant of the State

Solidus, I'm not sure what to say. I can't say that I'm surprised that you are leaving Echelon, although I am surprised that you chose to return to ISM rather then to join RDD out-right. I once considered you as dear of a friend as any I had on this planet, but all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade, all great things must eventually come to a close.

Like I said, I'm not surprised, it has been evident to me for quite some time (as I'm sure it has been to others, particularly those in Echelon) that your dedication to Echelon has taken a backseat to your dedication to Augusta. There is nothing wrong with that, and it certainly makes this move one that is best for you and for Echelon.

I continue to have a great deal of love for Echelon, and in many ways I see your claims to be clear evidence of your conflict of interest. Obviously we have different perspectives on the matter which drive different opinions on the events that transpired. I believe it is all for the best, as Echelon is likely better off without its relationship with RDD or your membership considering the circumstances, and I have the utmost confidence in Ruggerdawg, he will undoubtedly be as good of a director as Echelon has had in a long long time, and if anybody can correct what is wrong with Echelon, (although I do not completely share your views on Echelon's problems) it is surely him.

There are a number of other things which I would like to say, however sometimes the best thing one can say is nothing at all. Even if you have no respect for me, I still have an immense amount of respect for you, and I am deeply sorry that this is the route that it has taken.

Edited by memoryproblems

Sorry all i got from this was, I'm mad that i was gone and when i came back my close friend wasn't allied to my alliance anymore. I'm made that they handled it wrong so I'm going to come to the OWF and post a thread about it and leave the alliance over it, and trash an alliance and an individual person.

This whole topic makes me :awesome:

If ever a grouping of people deserved each other more, it is ALL of those mentioned in the OP(minus memoryproblems, because I dont know him well enough to actually group him). The fact that drama would surround these people... zero shock factor.

This thread could be interesting to a select few with deep historical ties to some of the players involved, such as myself.

Edited by Rush Sykes

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='18 April 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1271621382' post='2265220']
This thread could be interesting to a select few with deep historical ties to some of the players involved, such as myself.
[/quote]

You have no relevance here though.

:smug:

[quote name='New Frontier' date='18 April 2010 - 01:29 AM' timestamp='1271568524' post='2264670']
Wait. You're mad that a non-member of your alliance didn't get to vote in elections? What?
[/quote]
You could try actually reading the whole post instead of a single sentence and then making up the rest from there.

Edited by Geoffron X

heh so if i can understand augusta was upset over a conversation on healthcare? anyone can see this from the bar topic. you chose to place your dedication to her over your dedication to your alliance. as well as drag the whole situation into the public eye.

meh, best of luck to all involved, its a shame when other worlds issues affect ours.

[quote name='dvdcchn' date='18 April 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1271624448' post='2265291']
heh so if i can understand augusta was upset over a conversation on healthcare? anyone can see this from the bar topic.[/quote]

Incorrect, but if that's the story you choose to run with so be it...Obviously you are not getting the full/actual story. Why am I not surprised at this?

:EDIT: Just because...

Edited by Augusta Antonia

[quote name='Augusta Antonia' date='18 April 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1271626282' post='2265328']
Incorrect, but if that's the story you choose to run with so be it...Obviously you are not getting the full/actual story. Why am I not surprised at this?

:EDIT: Just because...
[/quote]

are you not surprised, because of your wonderful cancellation thread? or perhaps the vague references here? anyhow it was just a cancellation, and for your esteem of your former allies in Echelon, they at least spoke kindly of you, with the clarification i asked for. odd you couldn't show that same respect to your former allly.

Edited by dvdcchn

[quote name='dvdcchn' date='18 April 2010 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1271628236' post='2265366']
are you not surprised, because of your wonderful cancellation thread? or perhaps the vague references here? anyhow it was just a cancellation, and for your esteem of your former allies in Echelon, they at least spoke kindly of you, with the clarification i asked for. odd you couldn't show that same respect to your former allly.
[/quote]

What have I posted that was unkind about Echelon? Nothing... I have said very little if anything, which, although you claim otherwise, is not the case with the "clarification" certain others are passing about. That and the fact that, as I stated, the actual reasons are not being given...