The Kingdom of Arkhangelsk Chronicles

Kevin Kingswell

[b]Reconstruction begins[/b]

With many villages and towns left as little more than broken clumps of stone and burnt remains of wood King Artem Demidov has ordered the Kingdom's treasurey to be emptied so that quarries and lumber mills may be constructed to allow the collection of neccessary resources for rebuilding the destroyed towns and villages. So far only one quarry and one lumber mill have been constructed as Kingdom surveyors look to locate suitable mining and cutting sites through out the nation.

King Artme Demidov himself rode out to view one of the potential sites for a lumber mill. Whilst the site didn't turn out to be usuable it helped to improve the peasent's morale to see their King about.

[IMG]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll289/koolkevz/mb1.png[/IMG]

[b]Loyal retainer dies[/b]

Lord Alexi Vigoniv, the man who once was claimed to have saved the King's life, has died today peacefully in his sleep at the age of seventy two. Lord Vigoniv was an active man who believed in King Demidov's vision of prosperity and thus pledged his life in servitude to the King. The King himself is saddened by the news of Lord Vigoniv's death and has pledged that when the time is ready he shall raise a statue in honour of such a loyal retainer. Lord Vigoniv leaves behind a wife and two son's who the King has granted permission to join his royal family as lesser nobility.

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

[b]Soldiers called to Western Border[/b]

"Today the majority of the Kingdom's military might was ordered to march to the nation's western border as fast as possible. It is currently unknown why such an order was given as there as been no attacks or raids by our neighbours. Some rumours state that precious mining and lumber sites have been found in our neighbour's territory and if diplomacy fails to come through then the King may decide that force is required".

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='18 April 2010 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1271626023' post='2265323']
OOC: While I'm not entirely sure you're meaning to invade that territory now, I'd like to remind you of the one week ban on war and expansion.
[/quote]

OOC: Yeah I won't be invading until that ban is over. I am just moving the soldier over so that it doesn't seem like I suddenly invade out of nowhere. Also I am not even sure if I will keep the territory I probally won't.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' date='18 April 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1271626193' post='2265325']
OOC: Yeah I won't be invading until that ban is over. I am just moving the soldier over so that it doesn't seem like I suddenly invade out of nowhere. Also I am not even sure if I will keep the territory I probally won't.
[/quote]

OOC: Ah, good. Carry on, I detect no shens so far.

[b]Construction begins, taxes rise[/b]

Construction of wooden forts began today on the western border of the nation by the nation's military soldiers. These soldiers under the careful eye of some of Arkhangelsk's best engineers began to construct wooden forts to watch our border for any sign of invasion. These forts are to be placed ten miles apart from one another and to be garrisoned by a small number of milita forces. Placed within five miles of every fort is to be a tall beacon tower which will be lit when hostile forces approach.

However, construction of these buildings require a lot of resources and funds and so the King has had to sadly raise the taxes to 20%. He apologises for doing this but has said that it is better the people are poorer but safe than richer and dead.