Europa RP

loannes

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='18 April 2010 - 03:18 AM' timestamp='1271553492' post='2264457']
I think we should establish some kind of rules for CMs and Nukes.

Buh buy, Markus.
[/quote]
Not applicable and not applicable, for the time being at least.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='17 April 2010 - 07:18 PM' timestamp='1271553492' post='2264457']
I think we should establish some kind of rules for CMs and Nukes.

Buh buy, Markus.
[/quote]
Yeah, because nations in the middle ages had CM's and nukes :v:

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='17 April 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1271555067' post='2264487']
:psyduck:

I meant recreat them as someting, as were tanks. You crazy peoples!
[/quote]
Like what? Ballistics other than basic artillery wasn't around in this time period. Plus, tanks were originally cavalry, so it makes sense that tanks = cavalry.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='17 April 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1271555412' post='2264497']
Like what? Ballistics other than basic artillery wasn't around in this time period. Plus, tanks were originally cavalry, so it makes sense that tanks = cavalry.
[/quote]
You got me. You found the flaw.

Markus Wilding, my good sir, you shall pay for that post.

There is no viable option to translate nuclear and cruise missiles into. Plagued animals and bodies launched by catapult were ruled out for various reasons. Tsar Cannons were ruled out because A) They're artillery and B) It takes literally half a day to reload, and, as such, is silly.

No Nuke or CM bonuses.

[quote name='Elrich von Richt' date='18 April 2010 - 08:55 AM' timestamp='1271577329' post='2264734']
If applicable, I'd like to apply for the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.[/quote]
LOLno. This is the Republic of Two Nations.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Rzeczpospolita265.png

[quote]
If not, Ducal Prussia [Duchy of Prussia]
[/quote]
[img]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2959/ducalprussia.png[/img]
Ducal Prussia it is.

[quote name='Drakedeath' date='18 April 2010 - 10:09 AM' timestamp='1271578143' post='2264738']
LOLno. This is the Republic of Two Nations.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Rzeczpospolita265.png

[img]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2959/ducalprussia.png[/img]
Ducal Prussia it is.
[/quote]
The Teutonic Order actually, as Prussia wasn't founded until the 16th Century and didn't gain any serious power until they "merged" with Brandenburg in the 17th.

Interesting........ who is up for the battle of Grunwald?

Can I request that Lithuania be NPC, because at the time they were personal unioned with Poland, but the PLC did not come about until the Union of Lublin in the 1470s IIRC

and another request, because I don't have the province list in from of me, what are the names of my provinces?

Edited by graniteknight

I have a question about artillery maxes. The in-game aircraft total is limited to 105 planes. However, I could have more planes than that if that cap didn't exist.
When determining my artillery totals, is it including that cap? I see that in Lynneth's factbook, he claims to have 1050 artillery pieces, which could only happen if he ignored the in-game cap. (105 x 5 =/= 1050)

[quote name='graniteknight' date='18 April 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1271587211' post='2264790']
Interesting........ who is up for the battle of Grunwald?

Can I request that Lithuania be NPC, because at the time they were personal unioned with Poland, but the PLC did not come about until the Union of Lublin in the 1470s IIRC

and another request, because I don't have the province list in from of me, what are the names of my provinces?
[/quote]
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/EURP/Mappan/Bleh01.png"]Click me[/url]
Also no, Lithuania is a white chunk for the time being (though it does exist. And the PLC doesn't necessarily happen, that would require quite some RP)

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' date='18 April 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1271595252' post='2264840']
Question, do all territorial acquisitions have to be military take overs, so could you "bribe" a city like in the the Total War games?
[/quote]
I doubt you could take an entire territory just by bribing a few people. I'd say no, because TW is unrealistic in that respect. :V
You can bribe defender though, I'd say.

[quote name='maicke' date='18 April 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1271609441' post='2264983']
I have a question about artillery maxes. The in-game aircraft total is limited to 105 planes. However, I could have more planes than that if that cap didn't exist.
When determining my artillery totals, is it including that cap? I see that in Lynneth's factbook, he claims to have 1050 artillery pieces, which could only happen if he ignored the in-game cap. (105 x 5 =/= 1050)
[/quote]
I've been given twice the normal troop numbers, which includes artillery.
However, 70% of my forces are away fighting the Ottoman-NPC so I've effectively got a big penalty, 20% less effective troops than I'd have without the bonus.

[quote name='Lynneth' date='18 April 2010 - 01:10 PM' timestamp='1271610595' post='2265002']
I doubt you could take an entire territory just by bribing a few people. I'd say no, because TW is unrealistic in that respect. :V
You can bribe defender though, I'd say.
[/quote]

In the real political schemata, though, looking at the mergers of most nations, they involved poorer regions merging into more prosperous ones via marriages, thus (technically) merging the royal families. Of course this isn't always the case, but marriages were often used as foreign affair ploys, whether to garner some sort of alliance, military access, or effective merger.

Also, on the same matter at hand, I sent a letter to the Republic of Lucca via my 'Duchy of Milan Development and News' thread as to acquire its lands by merging the royal families through marriage. Will I be allowed to effectively RP the respondents (The Duke of the Republic of Lucca), or would you require me to get someone to RP as the respondents? The Republic of Lucca is in western Tuscany and is currently in the white space, which is unclaimed and I realize that there is the one week rule in effect. I'm just doing it in advance since realistically, it takes a while for letters to travel, even when you are as close as Milan and Tuscany.

[quote name='Lynneth' date='18 April 2010 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1271610595' post='2265002']

I've been given twice the normal troop numbers, which includes artillery.
However, 70% of my forces are away fighting the Ottoman-NPC so I've effectively got a big penalty, 20% less effective troops than I'd have without the bonus.
[/quote]
Ah, I see. That makes sense. So then I assume that IG caps translate over to here?

[quote name='KingChris' date='18 April 2010 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1271611448' post='2265018']
May I please have the Kingdom of Castile?
[/quote]
[img]http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3055/castille.png[/img]

[quote name='freakwars' date='18 April 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1271614938' post='2265088']
How much of Sweden could I claim?
[/quote]
[img]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4067/swedenx.png[/img]

[quote name='Margrave' date='18 April 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1271615830' post='2265113']
So, what are the names of my provinces?
[/quote]
Big coastal one: Normandie
Thin coastal one: Caux
Landlocked one: Maine

[quote name='Centurius' date='19 April 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1271635663' post='2265511']
Euhm if that is for each Labor Camp I hope that's a mistake because 5 would give me a revolt risk of 75%...
[/quote]

That's probably only if you employ their uses. For what would be a tax increase of 15%