MCXA XIX High Council Elections

mcp13

[quote name='KingEd' date='17 April 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1271514926' post='2263870']
The MoFA is not new, he has been at that position for 2 or 3 terms already.

I concur, needs more Gopher & Dr. Fresh!
[/quote]

SCY left to go to Ragnarok. :P

[quote name='The AUT' date='17 April 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1271515214' post='2263872']
[/quote]

Wow, that was unexpected. :( I feel dumb.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='16 April 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1271479290' post='2263645']
Congratulations. Nice to know the membership support SCY and his work as MoFA.
[/quote]

Obviously that number was lowered quite a bit b/c...

[quote name='The AUT' date='17 April 2010 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1271515214' post='2263872']
[/quote]

ta da

MCXA is good people and some of my better impacts on them will not leave with m., I know they will be on the up and up for some time they I like their gov but what really makes [s]us[/s] them strong are the number and activity of those people who don't take leadership but just help out. i have been enjoying ROK though :wub: Some people took serious issue with my posting on the OWF, not just yesterday but for the last three months, and while I will likely be laying VERY LOW for a while, for the obvious reason that I enjoy posting on here, save the past two days, I still plan to be here at the end of the day.

[quote name='Drai' date='17 April 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1271529756' post='2264019']
So what is the ruling on re-doing an election? If it's within 1 vote? Just wondering why the MoD one happened twice.
[/quote]

MCXA will have their HC select the new MOFA, they will [i]likely[/i] ask for applicants and select the one that is the best fit at this time.

Also Drai some time yesterday it hit me, I'm treatied to you guys now :frantic:
:laugh:

edit: oh I just realied you were talking about MOD if a candidate doesnt' recieve over 50% of the vote there is a runoff with the top two candidates.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='17 April 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1271530775' post='2264036']
I have to say it strikes me as very poor form to run for election, win, and then leave the alliance immediately after.
[/quote]

This, it's good to know who you can put your trust in and who you can not.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='17 April 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1271530229' post='2264030']
That's uh...quite the turnout...

Ever considered a bit of reform? Democracy seems kinda pointless when hardly anyone votes.

Congrats to those who got elected though.
[/quote]
QFT.

With a high turnout, then democracy actually has a role to play - especially if the majority of the electorate have something to say. When this isn't the case, it's better to just have a meritocratic society. If there ever was one.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='17 April 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1271529531' post='2264013']
Obviously that number was lowered quite a bit b/c...

ta da

MCXA is good people and some of my better impacts on them will not leave with m., I know they will be on the up and up for some time they I like their gov but what really makes [s]us[/s] them strong are the number and activity of those people who don't take leadership but just help out. i have been enjoying ROK though :wub: [b]Some people took serious issue with my posting on the OWF, not just yesterday but for the last three months,[/b] and while I will likely be laying VERY LOW for a while, for the obvious reason that I enjoy posting on here, save the past two days, I still plan to be here at the end of the day.
[/quote]

I would suppose that when your part of government, you don't own your voice any more than the guy running the show. Being MoFA of MCXA, one should always speak as if he were representing his alliance (or at least distinguish what I think from what we think). I for one liked the MCXA presence on the OWF, I think you guys need some of it. Not a lot but some is always good.

[quote name='Olliee' date='18 April 2010 - 11:50 AM' timestamp='1271587803' post='2264793']
QFT.

With a high turnout, then democracy actually has a role to play - especially if the majority of the electorate have something to say. When this isn't the case, it's better to just have a meritocratic society. If there ever was one.
[/quote]

Gopherbashi for Emperor ? :lol1:

[quote name='Drai' date='17 April 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1271529756' post='2264019']
So what is the ruling on re-doing an election? If it's within 1 vote? Just wondering why the MoD one happened twice.
[/quote]

There was an MoD run-off because Jrkee didn't get more than 50% of the vote,he got exactly 50%.It's all in our charter :)