What happens with changing IPs?

SyndicatedINC

I recently noticed that my IP has changed at least 3 times that I am aware of in the past year. I do not live in an area with one shared network or a college network etc. I contacted my ISP and they say they reserve the right to change my IP at anytime without notice and this is standard. In fact apparently every commercial ISP does this. Makes sense from their standpoint etc, I can understand.

What I am wondering is how this works for CN? If all of us here have IPs changing all the time how does the mod staff avoid deleting people by mistake? I mean of all the IPs out there I imagine the odds are slim that one of the ones I end up with once belonged to another player, much less one whom I might interact with. However it is technically possible right?

I have been super paranoid only accessing my account from two different IPs/Networks/Computers both of which I have total access control over. However now that I know that both of those could have changed a half dozen times without me noticing. I am starting to wonder if I can be paranoid enough :unsure:

Anyone know anyway to keep your ISP from changing your IP on you randomly like this?

What I am wondering is how this works for CN? If all of us here have IPs changing all the time how does the mod staff avoid deleting people by mistake? I mean of all the IPs out there I imagine the odds are slim that one of the ones I end up with once belonged to another player, much less one whom I might interact with. However it is technically possible right?

It's nothing to worry about. In the extremely unlikely event that somebody does happen to get someone else's old IP address, the person wouldn't be using it anymore (unless they're both on the same network), so it wouldn't be a problem.