Everything that can be done whenever somebody scams you

au202

What can be done whenever somebody scams you?

- in a tech deal or
- when he promises you reps and then he doesn't pay or
- other situations

He can be banned from the game?

Or what can be done?

Because the level of scamming is quite high in CN

[quote name='au202' date='16 April 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1271447688' post='2263085']
"they can run a train" ... what does this slang means?
[/quote]

I would guess he means "have several nations attack him, staggered, so he feels like he's been hit by a train".

As to whether there is a lot of scamming going on, I've played for over 2 years, and I think I'm down 50 tech. In that case, he wasn't scamming, I sent money, and he got tech raided. He was supposed to send me 100 tech, I got 50 of it. I'd have probably gotten the other 50 if I'd been hardnosed about it, but I just let it go, figured the tech raiders had screwed him and I could afford it.

Normally, I don't do tech deals with unaligned nations. Nations in alliances tend to be pretty good. I've had a few that were late in sending their tech, but none who tried to get out of sending.

Moderation Staff will not take in-game action against nations accused of scamming others on tech deals. Such agreements are conducted at the risk of the participating players.

Should you wish to recover money or tech lost through a scam, there are several options available to you:[list]
[*]Contacting the nation directly. The possibility always exists that they forgot to send you aid.
[*]Contacting the nation's alliance. Some alliances have been known to offer refunds for deals conducted with their nations, or otherwise pressure their nations into paying.
[*]Military action. Should you wish to forcibly recover your money or tech, a declaration of war is always an option. Other nations in your alliance may be willing to help with this.[/list]

(Moved to Question Center)

[quote name='au202' date='16 April 2010 - 12:53 PM' timestamp='1271422397' post='2262749']
What can be done whenever somebody scams you?

- in a tech deal or
- when he promises you reps and then he doesn't pay or
- other situations

He can be banned from the game?

Or what can be done?

Because the level of scamming is quite high in CN
[/quote]

The reason for this post is because you have scammed me. Our tech was due yesterday but you deleted the expired aid message and have ignored/deleted my pm.

You've seen the consequences listed above so I strongly recommend you send me the first 50 tech or I will arrange for a train to run into town.