Heaven on Earth

Karl Martin

Karl Martin von Hohenzollern-Bourbon

A somewhat shadowy man, he has come from almost nowhere to obtain the three major crowns of the the Land of the Franks. Son of Georg Friedrich Ferdinand von Hohenzollern, the legitimate heir to the throne of Prussia, and also the adopted son of Henri VII of France, he is the sole heir to the bloodline of the former great houses of Europe.

With his retirement from Emperor of France, the estates has been reorganized, to prepare for his residence. With everything finished, the estates shall for the most part be open to the public. Allow us, the keepers of the realms, to introduce you to the most beautiful palaces and castles of Europe.

OOC: Decided to start this after sensing the lack of artistic appreciation for the palaces of the world. You are free to comment IC-wise, but no sabotage and the like are allowed.

Emperor Bonaparte laughs at these claims of royalty.
The only Bourbon Heirs the remain live in Brittany.

Your claim to the Imperial throne of france is laughable, what with your German name.

There is no Prussia you fool, ergo, you cannot be the legitimate heir to its throne.

1. Palast des Rheins

[center][img]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/6628/palaisrhinstrasbourg436.jpg[/img][/center]

The main residence of His Majesty, the Palace of the Rhine is situated in the German section (north-east) of Straßburg, dominating the Kaiserplatz with its massive dome. A huge building in itself, it constitutes, with the ample gardens that surround it as well as the stables next to it, one of the largest fully preserved landmarks of old Prussian architecture.

[center][img]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5522/palaisdurhin.jpg[/img][/center]

The palace was chosen as the main residence due to its location. His Majesty, although of pure German blood, was born in France, to which his father had moved to after violence overtook Germany many years ago. The palace, the sign of German and French unity, is the perfect symbolic palce to express both the French and German heritages of His Majesty.

*Official Reply to Emperor Bonaparte*

If you are referring to the "Louis" of Brittany, we are sorry to reply that he could not be a member of the French Family.

According to the Legitimist line of succession, those with the name of Louis all live in either Luxembourg (the von Luxembourg family) or Italy (of the Two Sicilies). All of them have abandoned the claim to the French throne, making the end of the Legitimist. In the case of the Orléanist line, the head is Henri VII, and since Charles XI (more commonly called Karl) is his adopted son, there can be no Louis.

Any attempt by Brittany to ursup the throne of France can be disproven.

On Prussia: Deutschland, the successor to Prussia, has accepted His Majesty as King of Prussia. Is there anything else that needs to be said?

OOC: Ignorance of royal lines of succession is not an excuse to pull someone out of thin air.

Here are some links you might want to see about the French Royal Family Line of Succession

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_succession_to_the_French_throne_(Legitimist)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_succession_to_the_French_throne_(Orl%C3%A9anist)

Edited by Karl Martin

[quote name='Karl Martin' date='16 April 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1271391253' post='2262232']
OOC: Decided to start this after sensing the lack of artistic appreciation for the palaces of the world. You are free to comment IC-wise, but no sabotage and the like are allowed.
[/quote]

OOC: Well, that's a rather unfair assessment. I have plenty of love and appreciation for castles and palaces, but it would look stupid if I did and RP on them, seeing as I have none...

"Prussia still exists as one of the Länder of Germany. This man has a rightful claim to the throne, however, the Government does not accept that the Throne itself may have any authority. He is the King, but does not rule and even his household is still a part of Germany. But Kings are to be respected, due to tradition. For that, we gave him these pieces of heaven. What is so laughable about a German to claim the throne of France? If in the end, the Kingdom of France was founded by a German, and France is named after the Franks, a Germanic tribe, that is not to say that Germany even used to be Eastern Francia long ago..."

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' date='16 April 2010 - 08:40 AM' timestamp='1271400036' post='2262499']
"Prussia still exists as one of the Länder of Germany. This man has a rightful claim to the throne, however, the Government does not accept that the Throne itself may have any authority. He is the King, but does not rule and even his household is still a part of Germany. But Kings are to be respected, due to tradition. For that, we gave him these pieces of heaven. What is so laughable about a German to claim the throne of France? If in the end, the Kingdom of France was founded by a German, and France is named after the Franks, a Germanic tribe, that is not to say that Germany even used to be Eastern Francia long ago..."
[/quote]
"The past is the past. It should be learned from, but not clung onto. Clinging onto the past results in nothing but stagnation.
In the GDR, all castles and palaces are open to the public since the Emperor's abdication and kept in great condition via the money made by tourists and visitors coming to see them. There's literally hundreds of them, and while we appreciate some of the things that have been done by those ruling from these, the nobles, Kings and Emperors also have done some terrible things. We remember them to learn from them.
Not to cling onto the memory of a man in fancy clothing and with a shiny hat ruling us all."

[quote name='Karl Martin' date='16 April 2010 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1271391253' post='2262232']
Karl Martin von Hohenzollern-Bourbon

A somewhat shadowy man, he has come from almost nowhere to obtain the three major crowns of the the Land of the Franks. Son of Georg Friedrich Ferdinand von Hohenzollern, the legitimate heir to the throne of Prussia, and also the adopted son of Henri VII of France, he is the sole heir to the bloodline of the former great houses of Europe.

With his retirement from Emperor of France, the estates has been reorganized, to prepare for his residence. With everything finished, the estates shall for the most part be open to the public. Allow us, the keepers of the realms, to introduce you to the most beautiful palaces and castles of Europe.

[/quote]

OOC: You can't say no sabotage allowed in every single thread you do. Sorry, but that's just ignoring a highly used tactic that nations use to harm others they find threatening. If I want to attempt to blow up one of the estates to make a point, I'll make the attempt to blow it up. You're a part of the canon world when you post, you cannot pick and choose what actions other nations take against you as a part of this world.

IC:

"The riches of a man, broadcasting for all the world to see. Humility must not be one of his traits." thought James.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='16 April 2010 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1271426928' post='2262785']
OOC: You can't say no sabotage allowed in every single thread you do. Sorry, but that's just ignoring a highly used tactic that nations use to harm others they find threatening. If I want to attempt to blow up one of the estates to make a point, I'll make the attempt to blow it up. You're a part of the canon world when you post, you cannot pick and choose what actions other nations take against you as a part of this world.
[/quote]

OOC: I'm inclined to agree. You're not allowed to ban an act of RP. If it's a public announcement, the place is accessible, and there's a reason for sabotage, a nation can blow up the palace if it so chooses.

IC: "He who flaunts his grandeur only invites his downfall. Learn humility, lest your enemies be enticed."

-HRH King James II

[quote name='Pravus%20Ingruo' date='16 April 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1271457831' post='2263313']
Abandoned the claim to the French throne? I have just as much claim as you, pretender. Unlike you, I choose to live a simple life among the people instead of flaunting my wealth in front of the world and continuing to try and be relevant.

-Louis of the Two Sicilies.
[/quote]
[quote name='King Penchuk' date='16 April 2010 - 04:22 PM' timestamp='1271456544' post='2263289']
OOC: What is with your weird obsession in making a German nation in French land?
[/quote]

OOC: Depends on what you mean. The Burgundians were originally German, and if you look back on the history of this RP, Eastern France has been occupied by Germans for a long time.

In addition, Strausburg is now German.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' date='16 April 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1271457831' post='2263313']
Abandoned the claim to the French throne? I have just as much claim as you, pretender. Unlike you, I choose to live a simple life among the people instead of flaunting my wealth in front of the world and continuing to try and be relevant.

-Louis of the Two Sicilies.
[/quote]

*Reply*

For someone living in the Holy American Empire, and who is the 33th in line in the Legitimist succession line, a line which has been completely deposed, you speak too much.

OOC: Again, ignorance.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='16 April 2010 - 07:09 AM' timestamp='1271426928' post='2262785']

IC:

"The riches of a man, broadcasting for all the world to see. Humility must not be one of his traits." thought James.
[/quote]
[quote name='Drakedeath' date='16 April 2010 - 11:38 AM' timestamp='1271443076' post='2262979']
OOC: I'm inclined to agree. You're not allowed to ban an act of RP. If it's a public announcement, the place is accessible, and there's a reason for sabotage, a nation can blow up the palace if it so chooses.

IC: "He who flaunts his grandeur only invites his downfall. Learn humility, lest your enemies be enticed."

-HRH King James II
[/quote]
OOC: Of course, you're welcome to do that, if you want to piss off Sarah. Iirc, she owns that land now. :P

IC: ***General Reaction***

There would be no statement from Australia, though a number of scholars, historians, and those that simply found history fascinating would over time travel to the region to view the sites showcased in this display.

[quote name='Karl Martin' date='16 April 2010 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1271462068' post='2263373']
OOC: Depends on what you mean. The Burgundians were originally German, and if you look back on the history of this RP, Eastern France has been occupied by Germans for a long time.

In addition, Strausburg is now German.

*Reply*

For someone living in the Holy American Empire, and who is the 33th in line in the Legitimist succession line, a line which has been completely deposed, you speak too much.

OOC: Again, ignorance.
[/quote]
OOC: You can't say who is living where unless they're your characters...