Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

[quote name='Methrage' date='28 April 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1272480691' post='2278676']
I think most said it wasn't and they never clarified if they see the use of sanctions as a weapon to be used as any other, or if me being classified as a rogue by them is their basis.
[/quote]

In fact They did just that, and I know it for sure, because they did so in response to yours truly.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='22 April 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1271958065' post='2270840']
The action of aiding an enemy of another alliance is a rogue action. That makes him a rogue. He also nuked our member, that makes him a nuclear rogue.
[/quote]

Case closed. Um... 9 pages ago.

[edit:
[quote name='ktarthan' date='28 April 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1272480987' post='2278678']
If it's the peanut gallery, they don't matter.[/quote]
LIES! Bow before The True New World Order. Of Hegemony. hehehe, OK, sorry - it's caffeine talking.

Edited by Cormalek

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' date='28 April 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1272480691' post='2278676']
I think most said it wasn't and they never clarified if they see the use of sanctions as a weapon to be used as any other, or if me being classified as a rogue by them is their basis.

The closest to an answer was magicmountain saying he's seen people say both, but didn't know who was talking for gov. He said he would find out which or try, but never did post an official answer.
[/quote]

Seriously? Sardonic came in like half a page later and laid the matter to rest, that's why I never posted my version of the answer. You had it straight from the horse's mouth.

I mean you're complaining when I did exactly what I said I was going to. I tracked down Gov and asked them to come answer your question.

Edited by magicmountain

[quote name='ktarthan' date='28 April 2010 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1272480987' post='2278678']
First, I already tallied a sample of the opinions in this thread and it was [b]overwhelmingly[/b] against you.

Second, who is the "they" you are referring to in this sentence? If it's GOONS, that is false. If it's the peanut gallery, they don't matter. If it's Umbrella, why should they have to come here to explain their position? Go talk to them in person and report back.
[/quote]
You guys never specified which, Umbrella sanctioned me because you requested it and they took your word on it that I was a nuclear rogue without checking into it. Now that it is in place they said they aren't going to remove it until this is resolved with you guys and whether I'm a rogue or not doesn't matter anymore. If this is resolved according to you guys, then Umbrella should remove the sanction like they said. I'm still not sure if I can consider this resolved enough to consider Umbrella obligated to remove it from what they said with how your describing the resolution you want.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='28 April 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1272481357' post='2278681']
You guys never specified which, Umbrella sanctioned me because you requested it and they took your word on it that I was a nuclear rogue without checking into it. Now that it is in place they said they aren't going to remove it until this is resolved with you guys and whether I'm a rogue or not doesn't matter anymore. If this is resolved according to you guys, then Umbrella should remove the sanction like they said. I'm still not sure if I can consider this resolved enough to consider Umbrella obligated to remove it from what they said with how your describing the resolution you want.
[/quote]
This is resolved as in [b]we have resolved that you are a rogue and should stay sanctioned[/b]. Also, we did specify, read up.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='28 April 2010 - 03:06 PM' timestamp='1272481583' post='2278685']
This is resolved as in [b]we have resolved that you are a rogue and should stay sanctioned[/b]. Also, we did specify, read up.
[/quote]
So the sanction stays in place until another black team senator removes it without your consent, possibly Umbrella if they don't support permanently sanctioning people for what I did.

[quote name='Methrage' date='28 April 2010 - 12:09 PM' timestamp='1272481762' post='2278688']
So the sanction stays in place until another black team senator removes it without your consent, possibly Umbrella if they don't support permanently sanctioning people for what I did.
[/quote]
I've never dealt with the senate members, so I don't know if they usually contact us before removing sanctions we've requested, but they do tend to go away eventually.

All I am saying is that nothing over the course of this thread has convinced GOONS that you do not deserve the sanction, so we have no reason to request it to be removed. This is the context under which we consider the matter "resolved".

[quote name='ktarthan' date='28 April 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1272482301' post='2278695']
I've never dealt with the senate members, so I don't know if they usually contact us before removing sanctions we've requested, but they do tend to go away eventually.

All I am saying is that nothing over the course of this thread has convinced GOONS that you do not deserve the sanction, so we have no reason to request it to be removed. This is the context under which we consider the matter "resolved".
[/quote]

this.

We're not equals. You don't deserve a pat on the back and an 'ah, that was fun' for intentionally attempting to cause damage to our alliance. You've shown no remorse whatsoever for your actions and only continue to parade about, as if your plight will cause the world to change their views in the upcoming senate election. I don't see why it matters much to you anymore, anyway...you're staying on brown. But, if it really, really matters that much to you, feel free to drop by our Mercy Board. Our new High Adjudicator will be happy to attend to your case.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='28 April 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1272482301' post='2278695']

[/quote]
From my talks with them they are hesitant to override the decision of another senator and Xavii has kept the sanction up to now going along with your request. I found it ridiculous they would have me talk to a non-senate member to resolve it, but this conversation is pointless with GOONS and I told Umbrella that from the start.

Edited by Methrage

I believe it's been stated before, but I'll clarify: we do view Methrage as a rogue. That is why the sanction is there.

Here is a question: why should it be removed on your request without GOONS clearing you first?

I wouldn't expect another senator to remove it as we have never removed another's senator's sanction.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' date='28 April 2010 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1272483722' post='2278712']
I believe it's been stated before, but I'll clarify: we do view Methrage as a rogue. That is why the sanction is there.
[/quote]
You have also said you don't consider it I was a nuclear rogue and normally wouldn't sanction someone for that, but since it was already in place would keep it there until I resolved it with GOONS.

[quote name='Methrage' date='28 April 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1272483278' post='2278706']
From my talks with them they are hesitant to override the decision of another senator and Xavii has kept the sanction up to now going along with your request. I found it ridiculous they would have me talk to a non-senate member to resolve it, but this conversation is pointless with GOONS and I told Umbrella that from the start.
[/quote]

You've said conversation with GOONS is pointless from the very start. You refuse to converse with us.

The offer is always on the table. Whenever you're ready to deal with this matter like an adult (that is to say, personally take responsibility for your actions instead of complaining about the situation to anyone who will listen in the hopes that someone else will fix it for you), come and [url="http://cn.goonbase.com/index.php?board=94.0"]converse with us[/url] Methrage.

Edited by magicmountain

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' date='28 April 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1272484100' post='2278719']
When did I say that? I think someone who didn't know the full facts of the case said that, but I didn't.
[/quote]
It was probably someone else then, but it was shortly after the sanction.

• 2 weeks later...

Sardonic said:

[i]The action of aiding an enemy of another alliance is a rogue action. That makes him a rogue. He also nuked our member, that makes him a nuclear rogue.[/i]

Roadie says:

When's the sanctions coming to the people aiding Gremlins?

[quote name='Lamuella' date='28 April 2010 - 02:57 PM' timestamp='1272484656' post='2278732']
demanding things from a position of near zero leverage rarely works well.

[/quote]

I'm almost sure people used to say NPO needed a stern talking to over saying things like that.