Octava Orden Announcement

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='16 April 2010 - 04:27 AM' timestamp='1271388408' post='2262179']
No they're not.
[/quote]
I bet if a handful of alliances that surrendered during the war attacked Shamlins MK and others would rush to their defence as has been said repeatedly.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it pretty funny that a great many people here are apparently proud of their own arrogance and ignorance in dismissing an announcement as attention seeking, impotent, etc. simply because the alliance issuing it are not the biggest or the most well known. Alliances such as GDA and OO are perfectly capable of affecting the world we live in - history has shown that new alliances born of principle or previously unfashionable ones willing to take a stand can have a great impact - and so it is their duty to make their voices heard if they feel it is necessary. I only wish other alliances would pay attention to the world in the same way and act of their own volition when they feel they need to act, instead of simply sitting back and following big alliance X, Y and Z in what they choose to do (or not do).

Bob is not the playground of a select few decision makers and those who worship the ground they walk on, there are many alliances out there and their considerations should be heard. OO (and GDA before you), I applaud you for having the balls to take a position and stand by it in the face of the disrespect that was shown first to GDA and now yourselves, it will be interesting to see if others have the courage to follow.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='16 April 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1271445990' post='2263042']
I find it pretty funny that a great many people here are apparently proud of their own arrogance and ignorance in dismissing an announcement as attention seeking, impotent, etc. simply because the alliance issuing it are not the biggest or the most well known. Alliances such as GDA and OO are perfectly capable of affecting the world we live in - history has shown that new alliances born of principle or previously unfashionable ones willing to take a stand can have a great impact - and so it is their duty to make their voices heard if they feel it is necessary. I only wish other alliances would pay attention to the world in the same way and act of their own volition when they feel they need to act, instead of simply sitting back and following big alliance X, Y and Z in what they choose to do (or not do).

Bob is not the playground of a select few decision makers and those who worship the ground they walk on, there are many alliances out there and their considerations should be heard. OO (and GDA before you), I applaud you for having the balls to take a position and stand by it in the face of the disrespect that was shown first to GDA and now yourselves, it will be interesting to see if others have the courage to follow.
[/quote]

Finally! A man who has wisdom. Thank you for the kind words, OO will always stand for what it believes in and we will make announcements as needed to prove our points as you stated above. There always seems to be a Hegemony of the biggest alliances, and it seems we can never end it. The alliances who have fought to bring down the old Hegemony seem to forget what they fought for. I am proud to say that OO will never be one of those alliances.

Ezequiel.

[quote name='Ezequiel' date='16 April 2010 - 04:33 AM' timestamp='1271388766' post='2262189']
On another note, Octava Orden will never disband.
[/quote]

I'll hold you to that.

Also, stop seeking attention. It is not cool and will not promote you in a good way.

[quote name='Vilien' date='15 April 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1271360270' post='2261596']
I guess I missed the communal decision that not moronically declaring war on someone equates to an endorsement of their actions. Get out.
[/quote]
Yes but yet you mock alliances that take a non-violent stand towards this madness.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='15 April 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1271382553' post='2262082']
Your insatiable need for attention has no bounds.
[/quote]

That's generally the nature of all things insatiable.

[quote name='Ezequiel' date='15 April 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1271365281' post='2261705']
What a coincidence, I am having that tomorrow... Let's make an announcement about it since Londo and Lennox think we should! They are the bosses you know...

Really... Honoring friendship is not jumping on the bandwagon, maybe you should try it. Please, get a new dictionary... OR at least a decent alliance.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]

Athens is a better alliance than OO. Coming from someone who hates them, it says something.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='16 April 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1271445990' post='2263042']
Bob is not the playground of a select few decision makers and those who worship the ground they walk on, there are many alliances out there and their considerations should be heard.
[/quote]

VERY well said!

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='16 April 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1271445990' post='2263042']

Bob is not the playground of a select few decision makers and those who worship the ground they walk on
[/quote]

Actually, that is exactly what Bob is.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='16 April 2010 - 01:26 PM' timestamp='1271445990' post='2263042']

[/quote]
It has nothing to do with OO's irrelevance. It has everything to do with the fact that they are not selling tech to Gramlins in the first place.

Edited by New Frontier

[quote name='New Frontier' date='16 April 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1271481126' post='2263665']
It has nothing to do with OO's irrelevance. It has everything to do with the fact that they are not selling tech to Gramlins in the first place.
[/quote]

Not only this but I was brought up to believe that aiding [i]any[/i] alliance at war is a no-no anyway. Now the ability to enforce anything may be difficult when there's a global conflict ongoing but when it is a tussle between 2-3 alliances people should know better. Sooooooo, they shouldn't be tech dealing with either side right now anyway. If they wanted to do something real to show they were really against what Gremlins is doing then they would say they would never sell to them again. Not selling during a war is just something you should do in the first place and doesn't not need some self righteous announcement.

[quote name='magicninja' date='17 April 2010 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1271546386' post='2264344']
Not only this but I was brought up to believe that aiding [i]any[/i] alliance at war is a no-no anyway. Now the ability to enforce anything may be difficult when there's a global conflict ongoing but when it is a tussle between 2-3 alliances people should know better. Sooooooo, they shouldn't be tech dealing with either side right now anyway. If they wanted to do something real to show they were really against what Gremlins is doing then they would say they would never sell to them again. Not selling during a war is just something you should do in the first place and doesn't not need some self righteous announcement.
[/quote]

We only echoed the announcement by GDA, which was; [i]Effective immediately, all GDA nations will be prohibited from buying/selling tech to Gramlin alliance members until the end of the war or until more reasonable terms of surrender are offered, most notably the removal of the "demilitarization before talks will begin" clause and the removal of the "eternal war" clause. [/i] Therefore, we will not sell tech to the Gramlins until the GDA agrees to do so as well.

Ezequiel.