A Parting of Ways...

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='15 April 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1271361550' post='2261619']
May I ask why?
[/quote]

yes please, surely something this serious as canceling a treaty with your former protector wouldn't be over a conversation at a pub....

[quote name='dvdcchn' date='15 April 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1271361995' post='2261626']
yes please, surely something this serious as canceling a treaty with your former protector wouldn't be over a conversation at a pub....
[/quote]

Drunken antics of a nature not too dissimilar to this are a Planet Bob tradition. :awesome:

But in this case I suspect that there may be some internal issues at RDD in play given their sudden drop of NS from the 10-11 of April. We'll see I guess.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='15 April 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1271362590' post='2261636']
I would try private channels FTW if you really care.
[/quote]
Perhaps other people would like to know too, without having to scuttle around channels begging for scraps? If the reasons can be revealed to randoms asking on IRC they can be revealed to randoms reading OWF. I really just don't understand the secrecy... it is possible to tell the truth without being disrespectful, you know.

Most people don't have a clue what's going on behind the scenes on Bob, which is unsurprising when even the most inconsequential and inane bits of context to decisions made are kept quiet in this way. Let's have some openness here.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Augusta Antonia' date='15 April 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1271352947' post='2261495']
I still hold Honorary membership in Echelon, which is unrelated to any treaty...
[/quote]

An obvious conclusion would be that your honorary membership was granted because of the respect Echelon had for you, if the reciprocal respect has degraded to such a point where you would cancel the treaty, perhaps the cancellation of that honorary membership is on its way out as well? Its hard to tell with some of Echelon which decision they will make, but its not as if you can say that the honorary membership had been positive for Echelon-RDD relations at any point, it would appear as if it was a catalyst that brought the relations to this point.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='15 April 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1271361550' post='2261619']
May I ask why?
[/quote]

I left Echelon a few weeks ago, and had been months before that since I was allowed access to know anything, but I think it would appear that this is something that has been brewing for quite a while. It is perhaps two groups getting to know each other [i]too well[/i]. I'm no fan of Augusta personally, and I think its possible that members of both parties have rubbed the other in the wrong way, perhaps extreme differences in the beliefs of individuals on a variety of matters, ones that fostered hurt feelings, however I can only guess what the actual rationale was.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='15 April 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1271376783' post='2261944']
Interesting. I recall RDD putting up a good fight in Echelon's defence back during Karma. I have no love of Echelon but it's a shame for protectorate and protector to part ways.
[/quote]

In all honesty, RDD has been a MDoAP partner of Echelon's for a long time, I can't even remember the protectorate from my time in Echelon.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='Caffine1' date='16 April 2010 - 01:31 AM' timestamp='1271377859' post='2261971']
MP, as you know very well what this situation is about I'd ask that you not involve yourself with this. We're not looking to make this situation any inflame the issue anymore.
[/quote]
Why does anything have to be inflamed? I'm sure you're mature enough to offer up a simple explanation of what happened without giving rise to a major controversy or argument.

[quote name='Thunder Strike' date='15 April 2010 - 07:59 PM' timestamp='1271379568' post='2262005']
Interesting move. If only you had done this before Karma we would never of had to fight :P
[/quote]
You know you loved our battle B-)