Kingdom of Royalty

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Ninja gumby' timestamp='1290484709' post='2520919']
does anyone know how much it would take to build a nation up to like 1, 2, AND 3K INFRA from scratch?
[/quote]

That would depend on too many factors...are they in an alliance, or are they being tech raided? Are they participating in tech deals? Are they making donations? I've seen nations shoot up there within ten days before through foreign aid.

• 5 months later...

Aluminum,Lumber,Marble,Gems,Silver,Coal,Coal,Iron,Lead,Oil,Water,and Rubber.
Lowers Inf. Upkeep - 18% / Lowers Inf. Cost - 35%
Tech Cost - 5%
Pop. Happiness + 8.5
Citizen Income + $6.5
Soldier Eff. + 38% / Soldier Cost - $6 / Soldier Upkeep - $.5
Cruise&Nuke Cost - 20%
Triples Land selling value / Purchaed Land Area of Nation + 35% / Land Cost - 10%
Cost of Aircraft - 12% / Aircraft Upkeep - 20%
Tank Cost & Upkeep - 13%
Navy Upkeep - 30%
Environment + 1

Bounus Resources:Steel,Automobiles,Fine Jewlery,Scholars,Construction,Asphalt,Rad. Cleanup,Microchips.*With 15 Tech and 90% Literacy
Inf. Cost - 7%
Inf. Upkeep - 5%
Tech Cost - 8%
Pop. Happiness + 8
Citizen Income + 3
Navy Upkeep - 15% / All Navy Purchases - 15%
Aircraft Limit + 10
Global Rad. - 50% / Anarchy - 1 Day
Environment + 1
Sub. & Aircraft Carrier Cost and Upkeep - 20%

How is aiming for all of these worse then aiming for the other combo's? How are the other combo's better?

Edited by Sempronius Densus

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Sempronius Densus' timestamp='1304818844' post='2708302']

How is aiming for all of these worse then aiming for the other combo's? How are the other combo's better?
[/quote]

The answer is citizen. With your set-up (8 BR) you'll get 0% citizen bonus. With 3 BR (FF, Beer, Const. + Fish + Uranium), you'll get +30.6% more citizens. More citizens = More improvement slots.

8 BR is good for large nations that wants to stop growing.

• 3 years later...

^This

As I'm sure you know, infra jumps refer to infra cost/upkeep spikes. After 15k AFAIK there are no increases in infra cost or upkeep, however, based on your trade set the upkeep for infra will become so large that you will actually start to lose profits somewhere in the neighborhood of 18k-20k infra. Your profits will continue to decline until you no longer profit at all run into the red (happens in the 40k infra ranges). So really, there is a soft cap on infra not long after 15k, not really a jump that you can get over to increase profits.

• 3 years later...
On 9/8/2007 at 7:05 AM, Kingdom of Royalty said:

b. Improvement Swapping

Some of you may not have heard of this wonderful little strategy, when your infra bills reach roughly $500,000, you can replace 5 improvements with 5 Labor Camps, they will decrease your infra bills by about 45%, make sure that you have enough money for 5 days of bills and enough money to re-buy 5 of the improvements you destroyed . 5 days later, pay your bills, destroy your Labor Camps, buy the Improvements you replaced and collect 5 days worth of income. There you go, you saved about $800,000.

When you have all the worthwhile improvements, get rid of your Labor Camps to collect and buy them again to pay bills, once every 2 or more days, be careful, you can’t stay more than 2 days without paying bills, otherwise you won’t be able to buy Labor Camps, resulting in loss of money.

This is only recommended for serious players, as it requires more effort than usual.

Great guide, thanks for sharing.  I just want to comment on this section.

I get the first part....  (I've been doing it like this, so I pay bills w/ 5 labor camps, then on the date I decided to back-collect (I usually go more than 5 days), I destroy labor camps and replace w/ other, collect, then the same day re-buy labor camps).

I just don't get the second part of this.... why every 2 days?  Why not all at once?  Is this the remnant of when game rules were different?  If so, it should be updated (probably simply remove the entire second portion.

That last sentence is very misleading as well and should probably be omitted or rephrased.  If you are already back-collecting, there's no reason not to combine that with improvement swapping.  Sell x5, Buy x5, Collect, Sell x5, Buy x5 (every 10-20 days) is not that complicated.  That second portion (and last sentence) actually deterred me from doing improvement swapping when I was already back-collecting because it made it appear more complicated.

Also, it should be noted that the savings increase significantly as you grow bigger.

7 hours ago, earlyraven said:

Great guide, thanks for sharing.  I just want to comment on this section.

I get the first part....  (I've been doing it like this, so I pay bills w/ 5 labor camps, then on the date I decided to back-collect (I usually go more than 5 days), I destroy labor camps and replace w/ other, collect, then the same day re-buy labor camps).

I just don't get the second part of this.... why every 2 days?  Why not all at once?  Is this the remnant of when game rules were different?  If so, it should be updated (probably simply remove the entire second portion.

That last sentence is very misleading as well and should probably be omitted or rephrased.  If you are already back-collecting, there's no reason not to combine that with improvement swapping.  Sell x5, Buy x5, Collect, Sell x5, Buy x5 (every 10-20 days) is not that complicated.  That second portion (and last sentence) actually deterred me from doing improvement swapping when I was already back-collecting because it made it appear more complicated.

Also, it should be noted that the savings increase significantly as you grow bigger.

Not read this whole thread just what you've written and quoted, I agree it's badly written. What seem to be being suggested is to collect taxes with full econ improvement (no labor camps) for two days (collects could be on both of those days or together on the second) and after the collect on the second day purchase labor camps and pay the bills for those two days. If you were to wait to the third day you would be unable to swap in the labor camps to pay your unpaid bills as you can not make purchases if you have three days unpaid bills.

I can't see a reason to do this as a regularly thing though.

You may want to do it after a twenty day collect to increase your cash on hand but that would just mean you have a extra two days worth of money you wouldn't have for eighteen days, after those eighteen you have less cash on hand than you would have had if you had gone straight into another 20 day collect.
It probably comes down to if you think you are at risk of war but for efficiency just stick to 20 day collects.

Edited by Galerion