Alvonia attacked!

[b][i]Markus Wilding's speech to the public[/i][/b]

[i]In the early morning hours of Thursday the 15th of April, the nation of Thomland, ruled by a Lord Thom attacked Alvonia in both Stockholm and Wildingrad, our capital. This nation savagely and brutally attacked us, having no distinction between civilian and military targets, launching cruise missiles at populace centers and raiding homes in Stockholm looking for military personnel. It is with great regret that I say that this nation attacked us with no warning, no prior declaration of war. It saddens me even more that this same nation also attacked one of our allies, also causing great losses. This will not go unanswered. As I speak, our diplomats have contacted Echelon, and they have let us know that this nation will not be saved from SOS Brigade's imminent hammerfall. Tomorrow, SOS Brigade will throw all that we can to this dishonorable and mad nation.[/i]

Edited by Markus Wilding

[i]In over four days of fighting, military experts believe that "(although) Thomland is not defeated...the full might of the SOS Brigade's military and superior tactics will crush the fools". Military commanders out in the field report that over 20,000 men have given their lives to both defend Alvonia and to inflict massive casualties on Thomland. Reports say that Thomland casualties are far higher, numbering in the 40,000s. Markus Wilding has stated that "so long as Lord Thom exists, he will be always held accountable for the death of thousands of men, women and children across Alvonia". Military commanders also state that although Thomland is losing men, the Alvonian Wehrmacht can do little to both stop and make attacks on Thomland soldiers. Some soldiers say that "they fight like there is nothing left...considering what we will do once we reach their capital, they may as well".[/i]

[i]Military field commander Alexander Frueh states that Thomland forces are "nearly defeated" and that Alvonia and her allies should defeat Thomland in "at least a day and a half". Wehrmacht patrols are scouring the capital looking for the mastermind behind this war, Lord Thom. Luftwaffe patrols constantly deny the enemy of air superiority and make strafing runs on enemy strongholds, where the remainder of Thomland Army remains coupled with civilian militia.[/i]

• 2 months later...