GDA Imposing Tech Sanctions on Gramlins

We, the Global Democratic Alliance, have heard the outrage over the current situation with the Gramlins' handling of their current war with IRON and DAWN. While we remain neutral towards both of these alliances we cannot ignore the extreme terms the Gramlins' have put forth in their efforts to come out ahead in this situation. The terms defy all rationale by seeking dismemberment of nations defenses BEFORE talks can take place. That is widely unacceptable for any alliance to demand such actions, much less eternal war.

By allowing this without opposition, it gives alliances in the future much to fear if CN becomes a who can-do-what-whenever-they-want-to and potentially hold alliances hostage for as long as they feel. In the end, this will be more than just about this current war but it will about what are the actual limits and what is acceptable for one alliance to demand of another in terms of surrender. Surely this situation stretches that fine line even thinner.

Effective immediately, all GDA nations will be prohibited from buying/selling tech to Gramlin alliance members until the end of the war or until more reasonable terms of surrender are offered, most notably the removal of the "demilitarization before talks will begin" clause and the removal of the "eternal war" clause.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='President Hardin' date='15 April 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1271308417' post='2260976']
We, the Global Democratic Alliance, have heard the outrage over the current situation with the Gramlins' handling of their current war with IRON and DAWN. While we remain neutral towards both of these alliances we cannot ignore the extreme terms the Gramlins' have put forth in their efforts to come out ahead in this situation. The terms defy all rationale by seeking dismemberment of nations defenses BEFORE talks can take place. That is widely unacceptable for any alliance to demand such actions, much less eternal war.

By allowing this without opposition, [b]it gives alliances in the future much to fear if CN becomes a who can-do-what-whenever-they-want-to and potentially hold alliances hostage for as long as they feel.[/b] In the end, this will be more than just about this current war but it will about what are the actual limits and what is acceptable for one alliance to demand of another in terms of surrender. Surely this situation stretches that fine line even thinner.

Effective immediately, all GDA nations will be prohibited from buying/selling tech to Gramlin alliance members until the end of the war or until more reasonable terms of surrender are offered, most notably the removal of the "demilitarization before talks will begin" clause and the removal of the "eternal war" clause.
[/quote]

You mean like how GDA kept the NPO propped up for years by being allied to them when NPO was holding FAN hostage?

Yeah... cry me a river. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='15 April 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1271309851' post='2260998']
You mean like how [b]GDA kept the NPO propped up for years[/b] by being allied to them when NPO was holding FAN hostage?

[/quote]
GDA: Single-handedly assuring the world domination of the New Pacific Order since 2007. You heard it here first.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='15 April 2010 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1271310142' post='2261001']
GDA: Single-handedly assuring the world domination of the New Pacific Order since 2007. You heard it here first.
[/quote]

Just because they didn't do it on their own doesn't erase their culpability.

And it doesn't make it any less funny to hear former hegemonists crying now that the shoe is on the other foot. "Oh lawdy lawdy, we haz seen the light!"

:rolleyes:

I don't know if this is merely symbolic or whether there are regular, ongoing deals between GDA and Gramlins, but it's understandable regardless.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='15 April 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1271309851' post='2260998']GDA kept the NPO propped up for years by being allied to them when NPO was holding FAN hostage[/quote]

Were I a GDA member, that would be going into the ol' sig right about now.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='15 April 2010 - 01:46 AM' timestamp='1271310401' post='2261006']

And it doesn't make it any less funny to hear former hegemonists crying now that the shoe is on the other foot. "Oh lawdy lawdy, we haz seen the light!"

[/quote]

So then Athens supports the actions of Gramlins in this situation?

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='15 April 2010 - 06:37 AM' timestamp='1271309851' post='2260998']
You mean like how GDA kept the NPO propped up for years by being allied to them when NPO was holding FAN hostage?

[/quote]
Ok lets assume you are right for a moment and we all agree and it should have been done then too. Now the usual NPO angle for you lot is out of the way can you bring yourself to support this now?

[quote name='Tulak Hord' date='14 April 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1271311042' post='2261016']
I, for one, am appalled by the decision to let GDA out of their cages. Who on earth is responsible for this?!
[/quote]

I would like to formally announce that Ragnarok is placing tech sanctions on one (1) Tulak Hord ... effective immediately.

Also: lol.

[quote name='Arcades057' date='15 April 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1271310871' post='2261014']
[/quote]

Could be that or antoher chance to take pot shots at Pacifica. Ah well.

A fair decision GDA

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='15 April 2010 - 01:46 AM' timestamp='1271310401' post='2261006']

[/quote]

I have not been around since the beginning of time nor do i agree/disagree with the past actions of those who served before me because i wasn't here. Certainly, all alliances tend to have skeletons in the closet, yet those skeletons are not mine. I get tickled being a new player when i'm confronted about things that happened two years ago like i can do something about it. If mistakes were made in the past then let that be known; however, we serving years later, do not wish to visit issues that are in the past and that we have absolutely no control over. Alliances change, members change, and the general outlook of alliances change. Elder statesmen that continue to hold grudges for years are the reason for alot of wars on this planet and as long as this old style thinking of "never forget" is around there will always be hostility between the up-and-comers and those who are reliving history.

And, I would assume, if there were some specific outrage in the past then it should have been addressed, like this issue has widely been addressed. It is impossible to place the burden of the past on those who serve peacefully in the present.

Honorable move, GDA. And losing them as customers won't hurt ya'll at all, really. Plenty of other buyers around that aren't holding an alliance hostage.

More generally, I would be interested to hear if technology embargoes have been attempted in the past (for any reason, really) and how successful or unsuccessful they were.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='15 April 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1271309851' post='2260998']

[/quote]

Granted, I am not a fan of Pacifica by any means, but I think its time we moved on (for now, at least). :P

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='15 April 2010 - 06:46 AM' timestamp='1271310401' post='2261006']

[/quote]

Those former hegemonists have already received beatings thousands of times more worse than the beatings they once dealt. Perhaps it would be better that you put more thought into your arguments rather than spewing out nonsense that even people on your own side can barely swallow (such as myself).
Oh and this was a great move by GDA, I think the domino effect should go to work soon and we can finally put an end to these shenanigans.

Edited by Batallion

[quote name='Batallion' date='14 April 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1271312314' post='2261033']
Those former hegemonists have already received beatings thousands of times more worse than the beatings they once dealt. Perhaps it would be better that you put more thought into your arguments rather than spewing out nonsense that even people on your own side can barely swallow (such as myself).
Oh and this was a great move by GDA, I think the domino effect should go to work soon and we can finally put an end to these shenanigans.
[/quote]
Thousands of times worse? That's so absurd it doesn't even merit a response.

The attempt to control the fate of AAs past a war is childish at best. Reps have never turned out well in the long run on Bob or elsewhere, but the reality is that they are considered an acceptable practice by a sizable population here.

I applaud GDA's decision though I wish they and others would go a bit further. No matter what side your on, attempting to dismantle an AA should become a shameful act on Planet Bob.

[quote name='Arcades057' date='15 April 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1271310871' post='2261014']
[/quote]

Athens signed terms with IRON. If we supported Gre's course of action we would still be on the field. That said, what Gre is doing is no different than much of what NPO did (for example telling FAN or GATO they would have to fight to get peace and expecting those alliances to trust them). There IS a difference here in that Gre was on the defensive side in 2 wars in a row against IRON, whereas NPO committed its atrocities on the heels of offensive wars. Gre's behavior is more justifiable than NPO's was because of this, although still harsher than I would be inclined to pursue in this case. But in any case, it is the height of hypocrisy for GDA to criticize such behavior in a non ally when they made the bread and butter of their alliance hailing such behavior every time they heard Pacifican jackboots clicking by.

[quote name='Tulak Hord' date='15 April 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1271311042' post='2261016']
I, for one, am appalled by the decision to let GDA out of their cages. Who on earth is responsible for this?!
[/quote]

Ahahahahahahaha. Time to call the pound, no doubt.

[quote name='Smacky' date='15 April 2010 - 07:21 AM' timestamp='1271312475' post='2261035']
Thousands of times worse? That's so absurd it doesn't even merit a response.
[/quote]

Billions in reparations from NPO, thousands of tech from IRON/TOP/Co., who are we kidding?

Edited by Batallion