LSN Announcement

[center][img]http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq274/LRA_08/leagueofsovietnationsfl-1.png[/img]

[img]http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq70/SpoonGfx/circle-3.png[/img][/center]

From the beginning of the League of Soviet Nations' history, ADI has been a great protector, giving us knowledge, guidance, and any assistance that they could provide. Having come from ADI, we felt a connection with ADI, being able to pursue our dreams without the alliance that we separated from harassing us. ADI was rather a very close friend to us, and we enjoyed our time as their protectorate and friend. I think our loyalty to ADI was clear, we followed them in two wars with alliances much bigger than us when we were a couple of weeks old, we offered to help with the reps, and ADI had our full support through the tough times they faced. We would like to think that just as much as you helped us, we supported you in return.

However, the ADI that we knew then is not the ADI that exists today. It used to be the ideals, ideologies and morals that ADI had that made us proud. However after the following events we are not certain that ADI would hold true to their commitment to LSN should the going get rough. This is a realisation that has come from ADI's latest decision to not only throw their leader under the bus after his willingness to sacrifice his own nation for the benefit of their alliance, but to do so by spreading lies aimed to defame and dishonor everything that he has done for them and many others along the way.

ADI gave into the demands of terrorists, who would not grant peace unless ADI issued a false statement against Warbuck. Their aim was to paint Warbuck as a man who "bullied a neutral"- a neutral, who contrary to the way ADI had treated LSN, harassed and threatened them after their departure. Then, they issue a statement of apology. Apology for what? For standing your ground when you were threatened? It is bad enough giving in to rogues, but to back stab your friend as part of the terms?

There are facts and opinions behind every issue, and the facts cannot be ignored. ADI's government and membership was kept well informed on the developments in the TDO dilema, and John Warbuck had acknowledged the possible use of force, but desired it only as a last resort. If he wanted to use force, he would have used force. He had RoK, MHA, and FEAR backing him up. But he chose peace.

Warbuck was not perfect by any means and he made mistakes which he openly admitted to. But the demonisation of him as a person and a leader has and is continuing to go too far. And now the very people that he did everything he could possibly do to protect have joined in kicking him while he is down. He didn't leave the game because he was afraid of some rogues- rather he left because he didn't want to continually be the cause of ADI's grief. Now is that the behavior of an arrogant, self serving tyrant?

[OOC]If the US received threats from Switzerland, a neutral country in the world, they would tell Switzerland to back off or face war.[/OOC] John Warbuck looked out for his alliance- he also looked out for his allies. The world will always remember the time he chose not to enact an optional aggression pact, but forget the times that he entered into losing conflicts for the sake of his allies. For ADI to forget that, and to stomp on his memory publicly the way that they did is deplorable.

Recently LSN were asked to upgrade their treaty with ADI into a Mutual Defense and Optional Aggression Pact. We have gotten to a stage where we have caught up with our own protectorates. However as you can see by the tone of my post, we decided against it. We do not fully trust the current ADI with such an agreement. It is for this reason that LSN is unsure of what type of ally ADI will be in the near to distant future, and we have given notice of our intent to cancel the Aqua Big Brother Protection Agreement under the "Article IX - Cancellation". We hope that ADI can return to their roots, and find what it was that made them such a great alliance to begin with. In the event that this happens, relations can be repaired. We wish ADI the best, and hope that you can move forward.

On a final note on this matter, we will not leave ADI stranded in these tough times. We will still offer them our support if they need it, however not to the extent we were willing to go for them before. We have spoken to Grant and we approve of his plans to move ADI forward and we really hope that they do. LSN will be offering a modest aid package of 30 million to ADI to contribute to the recovery, we know it is not much, but hopefully it will help.

To conclude this post, I would like to announce that the League of Soviet Nations will focus solely on uniting and improving the Red Sphere. Our efforts will go towards increasing the prosperity of the Red Sphere through cooperation, communication and team work. We also believe we are at the right size to be independent and not rely on a protector. In the next few days you will be seeing more of us. Anyway, we wish the best of luck to ADI, hopefully you will get back on the right path.

-Robster

Edited by Robster83

ADI have been great allies in our short history... gave us the guidance we needed but sadly it had to come to an end. I hope the best for ADI in there future and hopefully our two alliances remain dear to each other.

Thanks ADI
o/

Edited by LRA KING

Shame about ADI.

[quote name='Robster83' date='14 April 2010 - 09:05 AM' timestamp='1271250313' post='2260046']....the League of Soviet Nations will focus solely on uniting and improving the Red Sphere.[/quote]

Seven of your top ten nations (and more than half of your total membership) are not on Red. You may wish to start there.

Ashoka the Great

As you know some nations establish trade circles and it is incredibly hard for one to find a new trade ring. Thus some remaining on there colours but all efforts to find a RED trade circle are being taken.

Acca Dacca
In the space of a month or so, ADI has taken 2 major changes both involving there top leadership, there chater "amended".... cant you see the reasons ??

They've also been accused of many things, under attack by rogues, and through a war. Times are tough, they lost half their score in 2 months, and a leader doesnt make up the dozens of ADI members. 30 mil isnt exactly what they need right now. They need people to stand by them.

ZOMG, A Rok member defending ADI.

Edited by Acca Dacca

[quote]Seven of your top ten nations (and more than half of your total membership) are not on Red. You may wish to start there.[/quote]

That is currently in the works, in the next few weeks you will see our top nations changing to red. Currently they are settled in their trade circles, but for the last week we have been organising some stuff and we are sure that in the next few weeks everything will be complete. Fair enough point though.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='14 April 2010 - 10:53 AM' timestamp='1271260384' post='2260160']
They've also been accused of many things, under attack by rogues, and through a war. Times are tough, they lost half their score in 2 months, and a leader doesnt make up the dozens of ADI members. 30 mil isnt exactly what they need right now. They need people to stand by them.

ZOMG, A Rok member defending ADI.
[/quote]

We backed them in the war when we were only a few weeks old and done so with success. They had our full support with many other recent issues. This isnt about Warbuck, it is about the fact that they lied about their leader to get out of a war. That doesnt give LSN any assurance what so ever, and if they done it to one of their past leader, what would of stopped them from doing the same to us, had we been in a similar scenario? We feel that giving in to rogues with terms to lie about your past leader and ruin his reputation was a step too far. ADI had our support when the rogues attacked, we offered to declare and coordinate the attacks - however no responce was given and to me they dealt it in the wrong way. I didnt feel like it was an honorable move and I feel LSN is at the size where we choose our own path. 30mill that we offered is a modest sum, a gesture of goodwill, however it is something, and we are sure it will contribute in their recovery process.

Edited by Robster83

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand. You're leaving the treaty because the people you knew then aren't the ones you know today. Regardless, ADI hasn't changed that much and it still remains the same alliance based around the same ordeals. It has fallen on hard times, but a true ally helps others through hard times instead of just dropping them due to "not having the same people in charge."

Good luck to both of you nonetheless.

[quote]I'm sorry but I don't quite understand. You're leaving the treaty because the people you knew then aren't the ones you know today. Regardless, ADI hasn't changed that much and it still remains the same alliance based around the same ordeals. It has fallen on hard times, but a true ally helps others through hard times instead of just dropping them due to "not having the same people in charge."[/quote]

I dont think you read the post fully. I know the people in charge very well, and I am sure ADI will improve in the time to come. We are just upset in the way the situation was handled. I wont bother to repeat myself in detail when it is there in the first post. :)

There is no logical way that anyone can possible put LSN at fault for not supporting ADI in their time of need. The accusation that they treatied with Warbuck, not ADI, is just flat out wrong. For if this were so, why would they have stood by ADI even after Warbuck had stepped down? Why would they have proposed putting their own alliance on the line to defend an ADI, an ADI that had long since been under Warbuck's rule, against the rogue attackers? LSN has acted in a way that most protectors could only dream of acting. This is just a matter of change leading to a difference of perceptions and ideals between the two alliances. With all the drastic changes in government, ADI and LSN no longer share the same interests and values. They have grown displeased with how ADI has recently conducted themselves and have adjusted their relationship accordingly. It is important for everyone to see that LSN's actions are not because of what the rogues or anyone did to ADI, but what ADI has done to themselves in conducting their alliance in a manner to which LSN cannot respect. Why should you remained treatied to a party you cannot respect? They acted responsibly in offering assistance during the rogue attacks. The attacks have ended and I can't think of a more nobel thing to do than offering AID and leaving the agreement NOW (after the attacks), rather than later for fear that they would have to back an alliance they no longer respect (and when I say "back" I MEAN they are 100% loyal and committed to helping. They can no longer trust ADI to be that loyal and committed to thus they have ended the contract). LSN is a great and loyal friend, and I resent any other slanderous comments about abandoning ADI. When you have their trust, they will give you their full loyalty, as they expect from you in return. Good luck guys! I know I'm not a part of ADI anymore, so I can't speak for them (but I will anyways)...thanks for the dedication and all you've done us.

o/ LSN