Proposed CNRP time scale

Zoot Zoot

Due to there being several, if not more, time scales people use.
I propose one universal timescale to keep everyone at the same speed.

Here is an example

1440 minutes in a day
Divide 1440 by 7 you get 205 minutes (Simplified)

205 minutes converted into hours is 3.416 recurring hours, so simplified we will say 3.4 hours for the sake of argument
Which converts to 3 hours and 24 minutes
But for the sake of simplicity we round it to 3 hours, 25 minutes real time.

One day in CNRP is 3 hours, 25 minutes real time
One real life day, is 1 week in CNRP
Seven days in a week, transcribes to a month and a half in CNRP
Two weeks transcribes to 3 months in cnrp
Four weeks (Month), transcribes to 6 months in CNRP
Eight weeks (Two months) transcribes to a Year in CNRP

Its pretty simple and easy to follow.

Questions or thoughts on this theory?
Btw the maths checks out, my Dad has a masters degree in Maths and he said it looks fine, and the theory is sound.

I think this [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=74249"]thread[/url] would be more illustrative of the problems of timescale variances. I think the present system whereby every one follows time scales they are comfortable with, but resort to a common scale in times of joint RP is best.

I dont think adopting one singular RP timescale would be a good idea as every people have their own activity levels, so one time scale wont be conformed to by everyone.

[quote name='Centurius' date='14 April 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1271249945' post='2260036']
No, we ruled out set time scales months ago and I wont recognize anything that says I have to change it.
[/quote]
The thing is, if the community wanted them, you'd have to obey as well, otherwise you'd be playing non-canon.

However, I for one am against making one single timescale for all. As Cochin said, too many different levels of activity.
The only thing I'd like is restricting the speed of building stuff, so you can't say "I start building mah moonbase!" and then finish it the week after. So you'd have a maximum speed at which you can RP. Because doing things fast is silly.

I'm against any set time scale myself. There is no way to really consistently use a single time scale. Obviously no one wants to wait 5 years RL to jump 60 years in character (or even some nation) RP, in the same way sometimes I want to take a month to really focus on a particular week in RP. Just leave things as they are, it works the way it is.

Edited by iamthey

Well, seeing as this was only a theory/suggestion to see peoples opinions of some sort of timeline, I guess its not happening on a wide scale.
Eitherway, Ill be using this scale for myself, because If i want to rush stuff and be fast, I can halve or quarter the calculations, and If i want to stretch them out I can simply double them.

Thankyou for the feedback :)

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' date='14 April 2010 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1271275854' post='2260385']
1 hour = 1 millennia for me. :ehm: I got you $%&@ers by light years now!
[/quote]
lol

Anyway, the flexible timescale we have now creates alot of opportunities for someone like Generalissimo. :D

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='14 April 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1271307363' post='2260962']
Personal timescales for internal and simple interaction threads should remain, but I really think their ought to be a set and [u][i]decreased[/i][/u] timescale during war. Conflicting scales ensue problems for combatants.
[/quote]
During war, whichever combatant uses the slowest timescale is the one whose scale we follow. That's the precedent, anyway.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='14 April 2010 - 07:12 AM' timestamp='1271247133' post='2260010']
Due to there being several, if not more, time scales people use.
I propose one universal timescale to keep everyone at the same speed.

Here is an example

1440 minutes in a day
Divide 1440 by 7 you get 205 minutes (Simplified)

205 minutes converted into hours is 3.416 recurring hours, so simplified we will say 3.4 hours for the sake of argument
Which converts to 3 hours and 24 minutes
But for the sake of simplicity we round it to 3 hours, 25 minutes real time.

One day in CNRP is 3 hours, 25 minutes real time
One real life day, is 1 week in CNRP
Seven days in a week, transcribes to a month and a half in CNRP
Two weeks transcribes to 3 months in cnrp
Four weeks (Month), transcribes to 6 months in CNRP
Eight weeks (Two months) transcribes to a Year in CNRP

Its pretty simple and easy to follow.

Questions or thoughts on this theory?
Btw the maths checks out, my Dad has a masters degree in Maths and he said it looks fine, and the theory is sound.
[/quote]

No. There will always be different time scales, and I will always use real time.

CNRP isn't going to be turned into something like Tribalwars or those other 30-minute-a-turn games where actions have set times. That's not RP, that's just silly.

Edited by Vedran