An Announcement from the Hummingbird Throne

[center][img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100118210735/cybernations/images/6/63/NuevaVidaFlag1.gif[/img]

[b]The Hummingbird Throne Speaks[/b][/center]

Alliances, Friends, Allies,

It is today that Nueva Vida celebrates her third birthday, to imagine it has already been so long that the family we created has prospered. From the unimportant blue alliance we have evolved to a position close to sanction back to a destroyed alliance barely able to stay in existence. Throughout this time we have never given up hope for a true Vidian always remains optimistic. Nueva Vida, the alliance of second chances and new lives. Today is also a day for sadness, today we have lost our beloved Emperor Nelchael to the monster called real life, we have also lost our beloved raasaa and Shaunbing to the same creature that has attacked so many alliances in the past. Today Nelchael has officially promoted me to the position of Emperor, a position I am happy to accept. To facilitate this change in the alliance changes had to be made to the establishment of Nueva Vida itself. Therefore I hereby announce our new Charter.

[quote][b][size="4"][center]TOTLATOHUAN
Charter of Nueva Vida
Wankan Tanka, The Great Mystery: Watch us and judge our righteousness, hoka hey.[/center][/size][/b]

Article I: Preamble
The nations of Nueva Vida shall always defend each other, with honor above all else, for honor is the Vidian Way.
The alliance of Nueva Vida calls upon its members to strive for honorable and just actions, to always fight to the death for the rights and lives of other members of the alliance.

We serve Quezatzalcoatl, the Quetzal-Feathered Serpent, Lord of the Peaceful Harvest, Lord of Kings. We serve Huitzilopochtli, the Left-Handed Hummingbird, Lord of War, Lord of New Life.

Article II: Admission

We bear the colors of the great sky: the nations of Nueva Vida are counted among the Blue nations of the world. Our nations pledge to always defend each other. Nations that choose to join Nueva Vida must be deemed worthy by the Emperor and His Loyal Councilors: The Emperor and His Loyal Councilors are the arbiters of exceptional circumstances as nations enter the family of Nueva Vida. Nueva Vida is where nations with dishonor in their past can have a hope of finding redemption and New Life, Huitzilopochtli be praised!

Article III: Structure of the Government

1. Toteotzin Toxolahuan: The Emperor

Titecihuitlah Toteotzin Toxolahuan! We Salute the Lord of Our Lands!

Quetzalcoatl and Huitzilopochtli anoint one among the alliance to be Toteotzin Toxolahuan, Lord of Our Lands and bid him to be seated upon the Hummingbird Throne and to wear the Quetzal headdress. He is the Emperor of Nueva Vida. When the Emperor speaks, we hear and obey. When the Emperor delegates power to one of the Emperor's Loyal Councilors, when that man speaks, we hear and obey.

The Emperor may give offices to some, take them away from others. Wankan Tanka. So it is in the family of Nueva Vida. The Emperor wisely listens to the words of His Loyal Councilors, and then makes his decisions, and we hear and obey when he speaks. Would a man argue with Huitzilopochtli? Then let no man argue with Toteotzin Toxolahuan, He Who Sits Upon the Hummingbird Throne.

When the Emperor knows it is time for him to head to the West, he shall be wise and hearken to Quetzalcoatl and Huitzilopochtli and choose his successor even as they would.

2. The Emperor's Loyal Councilors

The Emperor is wise, and he chooses men of Nueva Vida to stand as his most trusted and true servants. The Emperor may call for offices to exist or to be done away with as he chooses. He may elevate or debase a man's status as he chooses. Would a man argue with Quetzalcoatl? Let then the Emperor do what is wise, let us hear and obey.

Those who serve in counseling the Emperor have an obligation to speak the truth, to serve as best they can, to make efforts to inspire other members, and to bear the heaviest burdens. They are the first to hear, they are the first to obey.

3. The People of Nueva Vida

There will be times when Our Wise Emperor shall desire to know the hearts and minds of all Nueva Vida: we rejoice when he deigns to ask us to speak as according our desires! When the Emperor asks, it becomes the duty of each Vidian to speak the truth and to honor the Emperor with it. Then it is our honor as Vidians to await the Emperor's wise choices and to hear and obey as he speaks.

Article IV: The Vidian Way: Nueva Vida Rights and Responsibilities

We of Nueva Vida stand as a family: there shall be no poor among us, Wankan Tanka. So it is in Nueva Vida.

Each man has a duty to speak the truth as he knows it: no member of Nueva Vida may silence another who speaks the truth, and the Emperor shall know when truth is being spoken, for he is anointed of Quetzalcoatl and Huitzilopochtli.

Each man has a right to defend his lands and his families: no member of Nueva Vida may refuse to fight when the Emperor calls upon him to defend a member of Nueva Vida or of an ally of Nueva Vida. The Emperor shall know when to call upon us for service in war, for he is anointed of Quetzalcoatl and Huitzilopochtli.

We hold our alliance's wealth in common: our members trade fairly with each other, our members help build each other up in times of peace and war and aftermath of war, and we freely offer the best of what we have to each other, for there shall be no poor among us, Wankan Tanka. We offer our aid even before our Emperor asks us to do so, for we are the chosen of Quetzalcoatl and Huitzilopochtli!

We of Nueva Vida shall follow the wisdom of our Emperor and develop our nations as he directs, for he is anointed of Quetzalcoatl and Huitzilopochtli.

It is our honor and blessing to hear and obey the words of our Emperor and His Loyal Councilors. Hoka hey!

It is our duty and responsibility to conduct ourselves respectfully and peaceably towards all nations, both in and out of our alliance, save in time of war, where we shall be respectful as we wage war.

Article V: Expulsion from Nueva Vida

He who dishonors Nueva Vida shall be banned: the Emperor shall speak of such a banning, and we of Nueva Vida shall enforce that ban. War without end is promised to he who claims to be a Vidian against the will of the Emperor of Nueva Vida.

Article VI: Honor Above All Else

So we see our words! These are the words above all other words, for they are the words spoken by Quetzalcoatl and Huitzilopochtli. The Emperor and His Loyal Councilors will speak other words, and we of Nueva Vida shall obey them, but these are the words above all other words which we hear first and obey first.[/quote]

At the same time I have also approached several individuals to see if they would be interested in a role in our new government, those who have accepted have officially been elevated to the level of Lord of their respective department or even better.

Therefore the new Vidian government effective immediately is.

Emperor: Centurius
Chancellor: Owned-You
Lord of History: Zzzptm

Lord of War: Acamas
Lord of Brotherhood: Felix II
Lord of the Interior: Rin Heine

We apologize to the allies we have had only little contact with over the last few weeks, we had to work out these matters and are sure to make up for the lost time. Thank you for reading my friends and co-rulers on this beloved Planet Bob.

Titecihuitlah Toteotzin Toxolahuan!
Titecihuitlah Huehhueyihuan!

o/ NV

Thank you Nelchael for all you've done for us. It's been an honor and a pleasure working with you, and I sincerely hope you're able to enjoy your retirement.

I'm pleased to see my ally move on and develop. I look forward to another year of standing by your side.

Nel & Raasaa lost to the real life monster? [img]http://www.square-n-compass.net/forum/images/smilies/crying.gif[/img]

All the best guys, enjoy your break & thanks for the fun times. (especially Nel :ehm:)

You guys are awesome, simple as that. I'm sad to see Nelchael go, but am equally happy to see a fitting successor take his spot.

Here is to another three years, Nueva Vida. I'm proud to call you allies. :wub:

Thanks for all the well wishes. The tennis balls on my walker are already all worn out, but I'm expecting to get new ones for my birthday.

Thanks, as well, to Centurius for stepping up to the plate and spending so much time on this transition. I have really high hopes for the future of NV with you at the helm :wub:

This makes me sad and happy at the same time. I have always held Nelchael in such high respect, but I have no doubts Centurius will hold that respect.

I wish NV the best of luck, and onward to a greater Nueva Vida!

Happy BIRTHDAY NV <3.

Congratulations to my NV brothers!

Sorry to hear Nel and raasaa stepped down, I hope they came back soon. :unsure: It's good to see that another Dutchman is in high command :D. Good luck to you Centurius! I'm sure you will do a great job from what I've seen from you.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='14 April 2010 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1271275498' post='2260379']
Congratulations to my NV brothers!

Sorry to hear Nel and raasaa stepped down, I hope they came back soon. :unsure: It's good to see that another Dutchman is in high command :D. Good luck to you Centurius! I'm sure you will do a great job from what I've seen from you.
[/quote]

Dutch invasion :ph34r:

Thanks guys, all of you.

Titecihuitlah Toteotzin Toxolahuan! We salute the Lord of Our Lands!

May Queztalcoatl guide him in peace and Huitzilopochtli guide him in war!

We of Nueva Vida shall hear his words, and we shall obey them as we would those of the lords that have anointed him!

[quote name='zzzptm' date='15 April 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1271288023' post='2260595']
Titecihuitlah Toteotzin Toxolahuan! We salute the Lord of Our Lands!

May Queztalcoatl guide him in peace and Huitzilopochtli guide him in war!

We of Nueva Vida shall hear his words, and we shall obey them as we would those of the lords that have anointed him!
[/quote]

And share the hot models on swimsuits with your dear allies I hope!