Pacific Star 2 OOC

Bacharth

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard of the IG nation size = IC nation size before, and it has been used as a basis for denying me claims in the past. I've seen it used plenty of times, but I'm not going to dig it up for you guys.

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='13 April 2010 - 09:30 AM' timestamp='1271176234' post='2258771']
The Air Force, operating in AFBs in many parts of the country, prepared to muster its entire numbers for duty; over 2,520 fighters, interceptors, and bombers, as well as assorted aircrafts, were mobilized for duty.
[/quote]

I'd like to bring this up because I do not believe JEDCJT can have this many aircraft. He has 105 planes IG which, using the x12 squadron multiplier, would mean he only has 1260 aircraft IC.

[quote name='Californian' date='15 April 2010 - 05:44 AM' timestamp='1271306667' post='2260947']
I'd like to bring this up because I do not believe JEDCJT can have this many aircraft. He has 105 planes IG which, using the x12 squadron multiplier, would mean he only has 1260 aircraft IC.
[/quote]

If he has 1260 fighters/bombers/interceptors and the rest is just transports or something along those lines thats ok. But yeah if the rest of that is fighters/bombers/interceptors :/...

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' date='15 April 2010 - 02:30 AM' timestamp='1271295036' post='2260707']
Question. Are ICBMs with convential warheads listed under the 50 cruise missile limit or can you have as many as you want because the missiles Merger fired are defiantly ICBMs.
[/quote]

Lynneth made a ruling on the missiles themselves.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84229&view=findpost&p=2260450

It would largely depend on what the missiles did/how much damage they do, and if there is anything special about them.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='15 April 2010 - 05:50 AM' timestamp='1271307027' post='2260953']
The Coalition of the Willing really needs to wait up on Mudd.
[/quote]

From what I can see everyone is just making their opening moves and waiting for mudd to post his casualties/response.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='iamthey' date='15 April 2010 - 06:53 AM' timestamp='1271307167' post='2260956']
From what I can see everyone is just making their opening moves and waiting for mudd to post his casualties/response.
[/quote]
And if he doesn't, they should be allowed to advance somewhat every 3 or 4 days, because otherwise it's a chore.
My opinion.

[quote]

the fortifications in the VL were specifically built to withstand everything. Only a nuclear attack could destroy the fortifications—and even it had to be direct.

[/quote]

I used [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_Ordnance_Penetrator"]these MOPs[/url] on JED's fortifications however he states that only nuclear attacks would have any effect on them. I don't know the materials or thickness used in these fortifications, but Voodoo has informed me that to say something can [i]only[/i] be destroyed from a nuclear attack is absurd.

[quote name='Californian' date='17 April 2010 - 07:50 AM' timestamp='1271483398' post='2263678']
I used [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive_Ordnance_Penetrator"]these MOPs[/url] on JED's fortifications however he states that only nuclear attacks would have any effect on them. I don't know the materials or thickness used in these fortifications, but Voodoo has informed me that to say something can [i]only[/i] be destroyed from a nuclear attack is absurd.
[/quote]
Any strong enough explosion can at least damage the fortifications.
To be "immune" to nuclear warheads, it would need to be a mountain of reinforced cement or somesuch thing, and that's practically impossible. So yeah, MOPs rip nice chunks out of any defense.

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='17 April 2010 - 06:24 AM' timestamp='1271510629' post='2263818']
If possible, I'd like to retcon my DoW and movements, as I no longer have the IG numbers to back up my military.
[/quote]
This is why you don't commit your entire military all at once to something like this. :P

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='17 April 2010 - 11:11 AM' timestamp='1271517077' post='2263893']
This is why you don't commit your entire military all at once to something like this. :P
[/quote]
I didn't commit my ENTIRE military...before the war I could field 70,000 men, now I can barely field 40k.

[quote name='Californian' date='14 April 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1271306667' post='2260947']
[/quote]

Well, according to this [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squadron"]Wiki article[/url], an air force squadron "consists of 3 or 4 flights", which comes to a "total of 12 to 24 aircrafts". Since the article doesn't [i]exactly[/i] state the number of aircrafts per squadron that are used in the USAF (perhaps there may be one somewhere in Wiki, I just haven't bothered to check it out :v:), of which my air force is based off on, I chose to RP 24 aircrafts per squadron. 24 aircrafts multiplied by 105 IG planes equates about 2,520 aircrafts.

Feel free to criticize, lambast, condemn, correct, whatever floats your boat, me.

Edited by JEDCJT

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='18 April 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1271616637' post='2265133']
Well, according to this [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squadron"]Wiki article[/url], an air force squadron "consists of 3 or 4 flights", which comes to a "total of 12 to 24 aircrafts". Since the article doesn't [i]exactly[/i] state the number of aircrafts per squadron that are used in the USAF (perhaps there may be one somewhere in Wiki, I just haven't bothered to check it out :v:), of which my air force is based off on, I chose to RP 24 aircrafts per squadron. 24 aircrafts multiplied by 105 IG planes equates about 2,520 aircrafts.

Feel free to criticize, lambast, condemn, correct, whatever floats your boat, me.
[/quote]

This is true, but im pretty sure I was knocked on that- apparently the understood amount of aircraft per squadron is 12 in CNRP.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='18 April 2010 - 08:54 PM' timestamp='1271616842' post='2265140']
This is true, but im pretty sure I was knocked on that- apparently the understood amount of aircraft per squadron is 12 in CNRP.
[/quote]
This is in fact the case.
Unless Jed wants each of his planes to be half strength. :3

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='18 April 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1271616842' post='2265140']
[/quote]

You are permitted up to 12 aircraft per squadron. So if for some reason you really just wanted 7 or 10 air craft to a squadron you could do that too. As for 24 (JED)... a squadron is a squadron. While the rule says 12 max, even if you were to have 24 it would be treated as if it were 12 (of course taking into account your tech)...

Edited by iamthey