Pacific Star 2 OOC

Bacharth

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='05 June 2010 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1275772519' post='2324985']
Mael.

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=15769"]http://www.cybernati...Nation_ID=15769[/url]

Look at his nation. See that little thing next to "Last Activity:"? Good. Look at the thing in parenthesis. See it? Ok, just making sure. Can you see what day inactive he is at? 12. Yes, 12.

Stop making asinine comments, because really it doesn't serve you any good. He's been inactive in the CN game for 12 days, not doing "afk/delay tactics".
[/quote]
Voodoo..IG activity judges ONLY from time of last tax collection. We don't know what else he might have done while not collecting.

[quote name='Sargun' date='05 June 2010 - 02:42 PM' timestamp='1275774116' post='2325031']
No, they should not. Should a man who steals some cigarettes get executed because of "three strikes"? Universal blanket bans are the worst possible form of rule.
[/quote]
[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='05 June 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1275774393' post='2325043']
These two situations are not comparable. We are talking about guidelines for this game we play, not someone's life. This isn't a blanket ban, this is something that prevents people from just stating someone is inactive whenever they feel like it. If Mudd comes back within 13 days, I do not think it would be abnormal if he RP'd resistance movements and the such. I mean, all the topic did was claim he was in anarchy.
[/quote]
Yes, they are. Games have guidelines, rules to follow. When a rule is apparently being abused, it needs modification.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='05 June 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1275776245' post='2325105']
Voodoo..IG activity judges ONLY from time of last tax collection. We don't know what else he might have done while not collecting.

Yes, they are. Games have guidelines, rules to follow. When a rule is apparently being abused, it needs modification.
[/quote]

Then modify it, don't make a one time ruling regarding it.

@Mael:

You don't know me. Do not speak about my character until you do. Thanks and have a nice day.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='05 June 2010 - 03:18 PM' timestamp='1275776318' post='2325107']
Then modify it, don't make a one time ruling regarding it.

@Mael:

You don't know me. Do not speak about my character until you do. Thanks and have a nice day.
[/quote]
Change it? That's what a precedent is...derp. :P

That's right, he doesn't know you in RL. Therefore he can only make judgements on what he sees of you and your actions here and on IRC.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' date='05 June 2010 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1275776796' post='2325133']
I can only speak about your character as to what you demonstrate of it. Same to you bub since you called me asinine yourself previously.
[/quote]

I said your comments were, not you. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]

It was previously stated that it was autowin on the 10th day of no response. This ruling was carried out and it was negated once already when he returned the first time.

Since then we have seen on and off multiple absences that have drawn this war out to more than 1-2 months. This time again it was another 11-12 days of inactivity with no response, and no note of any kind. While yes typically its inactivity at 25 days, this is inactivity during a war. It holds up other people's rp's and slows everything down. There is no reason why someone should be able to wait 24 days (which is what you are suggesting voodoo) make one war post then wait another month to make another post. Thats pretty ridiculous and its infeasible.

You can't say we haven't been more than patient, this war has gone on longer than any other unplanned war in RP history. We have made many allowances, and frankly its gone on long enough.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='iamthey' date='05 June 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1275779793' post='2325252']
It was previously stated that it was autowin on the 10th day of no response. This ruling was carried out and it was negated once already when he returned the first time.

Since then we have seen on and off multiple absences that have drawn this war out to more than 1-2 months. This time again it was another 11-12 days of inactivity with no response, and no note of any kind. While yes typically its inactivity at 25 days, this is inactivity during a war. It holds up other people's rp's and slows everything down. There is no reason why someone should be able to wait 24 days (which is what you are suggesting voodoo) make one war post then wait another month to make another post. Thats pretty ridiculous and its infeasible.

You can't say we haven't been more than patient, this war has gone on longer than any other unplanned war in RP history. We have made many allowances, and frankly its gone on long enough.
[/quote]
This man speaks the truth. I agree to the fullest.