Nemesis Forums Hacked

Yawoo

Once again, someone has decided to take this game far too seriously. As of Monday morning, someone hacked the server Nemesis hosts their forums on and then proceeded to deleted the Nem forums as well as deleting multiple back up copies of the forums. We are currently working with the person who hosts our forums to find out the party who did this is. Luckily, our host has a backup he made from three weeks ago that he is in the process of restoring for us.

I know that sometimes feelings get hurt in this game, I understand that, but to take your frustration to the level where you destroy forums is ridiculous. Take it out in game, I have a nation, it can be nuked, but hacking and deleting our forums? That is taking this game to a level that it should not ever be taken to.

While our forums are being restored, you can find Nemesis at our IRC channel on coldfront at #cn-nemesis.

Regards,

Yawoo
Trium of Nemesis

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many more CN forums are going to be hacked before the Polizei need to get involved... <_<

Seriously, this is getting bleedin' ridiculous. Best of luck getting your forums back up and running. You were honorable opponents during the war, and you really don't deserve this. (And let's be honest, even the vilest alliance IC-wise doesn't deserve this kind of OOC attack nonsense.)

Edited by Uralica

Wow, this is low, and considering the frequency of such events, I do hope whatever computer-kid thinks he is so powerful and fun gets arrested and finds out how real tough guys in prison function.
Good luck in recovering the lost data!

[quote name='Drai' date='13 April 2010 - 09:23 PM' timestamp='1271190181' post='2258996']
That's pretty lame, hopefully there was nothing too important on your forums in the past 3 weeks. And more importantly I hope this doesn't happen again.
[/quote]

I only rewrote the !@#$@#$ charter :awesome: Are we relevant now or something?

[i]Edit: Thanks for all the well-wishes guys :)[/i]

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='13 April 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1271198126' post='2259228']
Best of luck resolving things, Nemesis.

If you'd like some (additional) expert cybersleuthing at your fingertips we could lend you guys bros (bros willing of course).
[/quote]

make sure that he shows up in the hat and with the pipe :awesome:

best of luck nemisis, hopefully this idiot gets caught and dealt with