Treaties

Shadowsage

It has been quite some time since the constituent states of the Empire signed various treaties with nations it no longer has common bonds of affection with. Indeed, friends of ours have now grown cold and distant. It is with a heavy heart that we announce the cessation and cancellation of the FSA-Holy American Empire Mutual Defense Treaty. In addition, we would like to take this time to announce a policy of allowing immigrants into the Empire, to settle into specific cities for the time being.

Thank you.

The Canadian Empire Applauds the HAE's actions in their move.
Their is now shame in your actions, it takes a bigger man with a harder heart to do something like this, and thats the kind of leader a Nation needs.

Props to you.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='13 April 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1271166187' post='2258653']
The Canadian Empire Applauds the HAE's actions in their move.
Their is now shame in your actions, it takes a bigger man with a harder heart to do something like this, and thats the kind of leader a Nation needs.

Props to you.
[/quote]

"Eh? Are you slightly out of your mind? It takes a bigger man with a harder heart to run from a war? Good to know. Though there is a term for such people who run form the first sign of danger,"COWARD" and thats exactly what this is. Cowardice."

"Right, on the winning side. You are still a bunch of spineless cowards to believe in cancelling a MDP+ treaty and cancel it after war has been declared. If so, don't sign a MDP, it is a treaty which is prestigious, it means you are brothers in arms through good and bad times. To leave when your ally needs you the most, its cowardice. Not doing what is right. To do what is right is to help your ally. Yes men will die. It is war, but they die for a good cause. They show the courage and valor required of a soldier. Not 150,000 men storming a beach on the winning side."

Any soldier who gives his life, regardless of whatever side, is a hero.
If you didnt notice, when the Empire declared war, only ourselves and Crimea were at war with Tahoe.

It wasnt the winning side when the wheels went into action.
Regardless, have a nice day.

"Right thanks for instigating we are stupid. This war has been in works for long enough, unless your blind or your nation is run by fools, then I don't know how you did not know this. On another point, A soldier is not a hero if he dies for the wrong cause. As such running away from a treaty to the winning side is the wrong cause. A soldier who fights for the right cause, in this case HAE honouring their MDP is the most heroic thing he can do. A soldier is a coward if he supports a regime running from their promises."

An Ally? The FSA has scoffed at us for our own 'Imperialistic' agenda in a most hypocritical manner. To further elaborate, there have been no offensive declarations of war against the FSA; rather they have been in reaction to the support the FSA has lent Tahoe. We have no obligations whatsoever to continue supporting a regime we have no interest in.

"At the time of the HAE cancellation, FSA was only at war with the Crimeans, meaning they were technically winning at the time of cancellation.
On another note, cancellation clauses have at least 24 hour advance notices for cancellation. HAE most likely intended to cancel this treaty before the war began."

-HRH King James II

A political commentator, Bob Blanton, on TNN's (Tasmanian News Networks) political program "The Daily Globe" noted. "While this is a brilliant move on the part of the HAE to prevent themselves from being held responsible for the irresponsible actions of Tahoe.. they couldn't have chosen a worse time to cancel a treaty than right before a war. What kind of message does this send your allies?"

Jon Kawaski who was setting across from him observed, "Reminds me of another time when another Empire tried the same stunt and that Empire had assurances that they had the full support of the HAE, only to turn around and support the same guys they're turning on now."

"I wonder what changed since then." Bob inquired.

"Very simply the political climate. Without the polarizing figure of a hegemony assaulting another hegemony and instead a coalition fighting Tahoe Republic this looks more like a war for freedom than an attempt at a curb stomp. All the same. I wonder if the wishy-washy ally stigmata will cling to HAE now that the world sees how they do business." Kawaski responded.

"Let's hope not Jon, there are some fine people over at the HAE, even if they have trampled on human rights themselves in the past.. maybe they're trying to turn over a new leaf. Unfortunately, this could grant anyone who was even a close friend of Tahoe a very valid Casus Belli against their state. As if Bob needed any more wars at the moment."

Jon sighed, "It's like the world just can't get enough of human suffering. Our hearts and prayers go out to those in the combat zones. Your weather is next."

The Mesoamerican Federation fully supports this move by Holy American Empire.

OOC: Shadow, for one reason or another my PM's to u do not go through. I'd like very much to deliver my messege to you, so if you could get bak to me as soon as u can that would be greatly appreciated.