Spring cleaning Dust in the air War

arcticllama

well, we were up in the air until today about which way we were going..
and RL is insanely crazy .. so this was mostly from the hip..
and it's sometimes nice to have opponents that know you are coming.. makes a good fight usually

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='10 April 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1270961903' post='2256158']
Poor show, you guys definitely could have made a bigger and better bang or at least fought someone more evenly matched.

Looks like Cobras get a free pass this round from anyone fighting them.
[/quote]

In all honesty, RL has been a bear lately. I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to CN. And have been occupied by another game.

Since GDA folks are on the up and up...and fun. I believe that is why they were chosen.

What's the point? You buildup for 1.5 months, amount 160 nukes, and you guys attack an alliance about 1/2 your size in strength and with 150 less nukes? I like you guys, but there is nothing good about this war.

[quote name='ReadyFireAIm' date='11 April 2010 - 06:19 AM' timestamp='1270963160' post='2256175']
What's the point? You buildup for 1.5 months, amount 160 nukes, and you guys attack an alliance about 1/2 your size in strength and with 150 less nukes? I like you guys, but there is nothing good about this war.
[/quote]

Yeah,
[indent]

our pre-war Spy Ops were top class [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/indent]

[quote name='ReadyFireAIm' date='10 April 2010 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1270963160' post='2256175']
[/quote]

unfortunately I'm repeating countless others: This is TE... War happens.. War is unbalanced... successful war is even more unbalanced...
sanctioned alliances 1-7 were either at war or allied, we are 6, GDA is 8. There was no better balanced target without becoming bandwagoners. Sorry if you feel this was out of line, but we did the best we could with the available options.

(maybe the strength of an alliance should be rated differently for sanctioning if we are too powerful at #6 to be hitting #8... )
oh, and they had many more nukes before the spy campaign... the disparity is indicitave of ops.

[quote name='arcticllama' date='11 April 2010 - 05:39 AM' timestamp='1270982327' post='2256292']
unfortunately I'm repeating countless others: This is TE... War happens.. War is unbalanced... successful war is even more unbalanced...
sanctioned alliances 1-7 were either at war or allied, we are 6, GDA is 8. There was no better balanced target without becoming bandwagoners. Sorry if you feel this was out of line, but we did the best we could with the available options.

(maybe the strength of an alliance should be rated differently for sanctioning if we are too powerful at #6 to be hitting #8... )
oh, and they had many more nukes before the spy campaign... the disparity is indicitave of ops.
[/quote]

No problem. Just getting sick of alliances claiming it's even because they have a couple less members, when all other stats are extremely unbalanced. GDA had like 20 nukes. I just think you guys had 3 other options that would have provided a better challenge.

llama, you don't have to ally them, and being an ally does not mean you can't fight them.

"Hey TPC, we're attacking you in 24 hours, let's make this clean and have some fun"

That is a perfectly acceptable warning to an ally when you have no other alliance to fight and want to keep it clean. And it has been done countless times.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='11 April 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1270999417' post='2256365']
llama, you don't have to ally them, and being an ally does not mean you can't fight them.

"Hey TPC, we're attacking you in 24 hours, let's make this clean and have some fun"

That is a perfectly acceptable warning to an ally when you have no other alliance to fight and want to keep it clean. And it has been done countless times.
[/quote]
You just making a point or is that our warning?

[quote name='dogbite' date='11 April 2010 - 11:49 AM' timestamp='1271000928' post='2256372']
You just making a point or is that our warning?
[/quote]

I don't control MHA anymore dogbite, you know that. What I say is merely my opinion, and I haven't been on irc as much lately to even ask Hisk what we're doing.

My point was just that I saw RD as your biggest threat that wasn't at war yet or hadn't been ravaged by war (not considering the weak fight RE put up with you guys that was more like a lovefest than a war) so seeing them hit someone weaker when they could have had a real TE war with you guys and still have retained a friendship disappoints me.

We've been around the block long enough to know and have seen that friends are capable of fighting eachother and not hating eachother in the end.

MHA and TPF when I was around weren't on great terms, but BG and I buried the problems for a little while before it flared back up, and you could consider it a friendly war.

MHA and Fark, enemies who became good friends by the way of warfare.

MHA and LE, friends who never needed a treaty to help eachother out against unsurmountable odds and who have fought eachother in the past as well.

Obviously I'm bias thinking of MHA, as I don't know other alliance's history as strongly off the top of my head, but I am certain other alliances have and you could think of times TPF in the past did the same very thing.

I had some respect for llama, and as such I had placed hope he would make TE interesting (along with Stryke) to end the round, instead TPC is basically given a free pass to win.

Is that what you guys wanted? I would have assumed all this build up and no war is boring to you guys.

[quote]Is that what you guys wanted? I would have assumed all this build up and no war is boring to you guys. [/quote]

Seriously? That's what TE is for 70% now. Treaty everyone in hopes that no one will hurt us. But to each their own.

I'm betting that most of the people playing TE now use cheats to enable God Mode in most of their games in order to keep from dying. Hey, if that's your idea of fun, more power to ya. As for me, I ask to be banned if I ever win that stupid flag!

I was born to kill cowards! Muahahaha! :P

P.S. By the way Sippyjuice....GO DAWGS!

Edited by Grags