IAA Q&A

[quote name='crawlerbot' date='10 April 2010 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1270913370' post='2255523']
There are persons in your ruling class that have been excellent friends over the years, when will you move your alliance to facebook?

Also: o/ IAA
[/quote]

OOC: You probably won't see an IAA facebook group. :P

[quote name='kerschbs' date='10 April 2010 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1270914475' post='2255549']
Why do I love you guys so much?
[/quote]

I have no clue, but there is some mad :wub: going on.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='10 April 2010 - 12:01 PM' timestamp='1270915249' post='2255552']
Why are you running a Q&A if you're going to answer valid questions with "I'm not telling"?
[/quote]

Valid questions receive valid answers, regardless on whether or not you think it is or isn't. I would rather avoid making this Q&A about reparations from the previous war and the side topics that usually result from that type of discussion.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='10 April 2010 - 11:18 AM' timestamp='1270916267' post='2255568']
Valid questions receive valid answers, regardless on whether or not you think it is or isn't. I would rather avoid making this Q&A about reparations from the previous war and the side topics that usually result from that type of discussion.
[/quote]
Ehh...I guess if you want a fluff Q&A that's your right. I'll take my leave, then.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='10 April 2010 - 12:35 PM' timestamp='1270917289' post='2255577']
What's your stance on treaty chaining?

e.g. let's say TORN declares war on CSN and Athens opts to defend us. What would you do?
[/quote]

If Athens were attacked, we would defend them.

What if TORN had 15M strength and CSN and Athens together were losing? I suppose we also have to pretend that the rest of C&G and SF have been stasis fielded or something.

i.e. Athens is losing an offensive war that they declared. They have not been declared on by anyone.

That one feels like a question I posed to CSN's leadership a couple years ago, actually. :P

Generally, when it comes to offensive wars that are not mandated by treaty obligations, the entire Empire gets a say with an emergency Senate meeting called and a discussion held.

That said, our treaty partners aren't just partners - they are our friends who we would die for. I, for one, would throw all my considerable weight behind jumping into the fray.

And if Athens hadn't asked us to help? We probably still would jump. You may recall that the last time GATO was ridiculously outnumbered they attempted to void our treaty so we wouldn't fight and die for them. That sort of thing doesn't fly for us. IAA stands beside her allies, friends, and brothers, no matter the cost.

[quote name='MASTABADEY' date='10 April 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1270913086' post='2255520']
I believe that someone was the late Great Darth Andrew. Of course we should credit a good majority of the propaganda to Grundig/Taget :P[/quote]
Someone came up with the phrase (I forget who), and I took it a step further and used a LOLCATS maker-thing for the image. The rest is history. :awesome:

[quote name='Chimaera' date='10 April 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1270919121' post='2255608']

And if Athens hadn't asked us to help? We probably still would jump. You may recall that the last time GATO was ridiculously outnumbered they attempted to void our treaty so we wouldn't fight and die for them. That sort of thing doesn't fly for us. IAA stands beside her allies, friends, and brothers, no matter the cost.
[/quote]

I believe Chim has inadvertently answered my question, or about as close as anyone can. IAA are simply put, the most loyal allies imaginable. A friendship with them is a friend you will have for life.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='10 April 2010 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1270921133' post='2255636']
Didn't you say something about never leaving IAA when you left the Sith?
[/quote]
I'll defend Rahl here - the reason she left the Empire had nothing to do with Planet Bob. It's her own business.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='10 April 2010 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1270921133' post='2255636']
Didn't you say something about never leaving IAA when you left the Sith?
[/quote]

If you look at her current alliance, an answer might come to mind. Retiring isn't quite the same thing as leaving.

[quote name='Darth Andrew' date='10 April 2010 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1270926898' post='2255703']
Someone came up with the phrase (I forget who), and I took it a step further and used a LOLCATS maker-thing for the image. The rest is history. :awesome:
[/quote]

all i remember is it started on IRC i believe with a link to a youtube featuring a Loris that was epically cute. then it got posted in a thread as a Sig, then the Loris Hungers started due to the fact that this all started around the time of the BBW.

So Voodoo, as has been customary, when do you plan to leave IAA to start another failed attempt at a new alliance? :D

No, but seriously, how do you (IAA gov) combat post-war lulls in membership activity that most alliances experience?

[quote name='JWConner' date='10 April 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1270959797' post='2256128']
So Voodoo, as has been customary, when do you plan to leave IAA to start another failed attempt at a new alliance? :D

No, but seriously, how do you (IAA gov) combat post-war lulls in membership activity that most alliances experience?
[/quote]

from a non-IAA gov PoV, we are actually experiencing more activity now than pre-war which is a good thing in my opinion.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='10 April 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1270924379' post='2255669']
Love you to El. :P:wub:
[/quote]

He gets love and I get a "get back to your hole" ?

Is IAA looking to become part of any new blue blocs that might be developing?

How has your relationship with Invicta been since your downgrade?

Who sticks closer to the theme: LOST, Jedi Order, you guys, or NSO?

Pants or no pants?

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='11 April 2010 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1270960940' post='2256145']

Pants or no pants?
[/quote]
In terms of being Imperials, us, by far. In terms of SW in general, I'd say us as well. You'd be hard pressed to find an alliance who has their own SW game mod (game edits). :v:

I'm personally a pants person, but I am sure there are some no pants people around.

A prisoner is in jail. There are two doors, one leads to freedom one leads to death. There is a guard at each door. One guard always tells the truth, the other always tells lies. The prisoner is allowed one question to either of the guards.
What is the question that will take him to freedom?

And google is not allowed

[quote name='JWConner' date='11 April 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1270959797' post='2256128']

[/quote]

Shush, I have better plans than that nowadays. :P

We've been experiencing more activity than we did during the war and before the war.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='11 April 2010 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1270960940' post='2256145']
He gets love and I get a "get back to your hole" ?

Is IAA looking to become part of any new blue blocs that might be developing?

How has your relationship with Invicta been since your downgrade?

Pants or no pants?
[/quote]

Yes. :wub:

The topic of being a part of any new blue blocs have not been discussed recently within the IAA government.

Our relationship has been steady.

I would say IAA does, for the reasons Lavo stated.

Pants; No pants on the weekends.

[quote name='Infidel Israeli' date='11 April 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1270961622' post='2256154']
A prisoner is in jail. There are two doors, one leads to freedom one leads to death. There is a guard at each door. One guard always tells the truth, the other always tells lies. The prisoner is allowed one question to either of the guards.
What is the question that will take him to freedom?

And google is not allowed
[/quote]

Ask one of the guards what the other guard would say if you asked him if his door was the one that led to freedom. Then take the other door.

I have two questions.

Why is my name on something I wasn't told about?

and

What do you plan to do about IAA's lack of communication to people who aren't online the very microsecond that things happen?

[quote name='Facade' date='11 April 2010 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1270991767' post='2256317']
I have two questions.

Why is my name on something I wasn't told about?

and

What do you plan to do about IAA's lack of communication to people who aren't online the very microsecond that things happen?
[/quote]

I plead the 5th.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='11 April 2010 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1270992906' post='2256331']
When are you going to take over the world with me?
[/quote]

As soon as I get Pinky and the Brain together again.