A NEW ORDER FOR INVICTA

[quote name='Jrenster' date='10 April 2010 - 08:53 AM' timestamp='1270885965' post='2255298']
Terrible reasons to dislike an alliance. I suppose that concept is pretty abundant around here I guess.
[/quote]

Yet, those same reasons are used for a multitude of alliances, as you stated. :rolleyes:

I applaud Invicta that they are looking for something that is new and fresh, because I also know that old things can become dull and that changing things a bit here and there can really help you in moving forward or at least regain some activity.

Like my former comrades have said, actions speak louder than words. But it is this action of reforming that showed me you are serious about the new way you are heading. Perhaps this is the start of something new between your alliance and mine.

So I congratulate Invicta.

Good luck.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very happy to see that this has finally been announced! I look forward to seeing Invicta...I'm sorry...Regnum Invictorum become EVEN MORE AMAZING than they were before.

Congratulations to Jorost for the length of service and to Rud for this insanely brilliant post!

Much love Invicta o/

[quote]To commemorate this epic event, and to cleanse Invicta of impurities and remake it in his righteous image, Jorost, the Dear Leader of Invicta, has proclaimed that as of this date, Invicta will be transformed into REGNUM INVICTORUM, THE REALM OF INVICTA. He has also proclaimed that he will be LORD PROTECTOR OF INVICTA, SOVEREIGN OF THE REALM and DEFENDER OF THE ONE TRUE FAITH.[/quote]

If [i]that[/i] is what you think needs to be done to cleanse Invicta, than I feel very, very sorry for your members dealing with such an inept government.

p.s. start with Haflinger when you're ready to do a real cleansing.

[quote]Although we have withdrawn from Poseidon MDoAP bloc in order to concentrate more fully on internal matters, we continue to value our relationships with our Purple comrades.[/quote]

I'm sorry Poseidon took so much of your time you couldn't get around to masking members or something. Seriously, "we want to concentrate on ourselves" is one of the worst explanations ever.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='10 April 2010 - 09:39 AM' timestamp='1270906755' post='2255438']
If [i]that[/i] is what you think needs to be done to cleanse Invicta, than I feel very, very sorry for your members dealing with such an inept government.

I'm sorry Poseidon took so much of your time you couldn't get around to masking members or something. Seriously, "we want to concentrate on ourselves" is one of the worst explanations ever.
[/quote]
And here we can see the famed Penkala, one of the few creatures known to not have a sense of humor. And if you'll follow me to the next exhibit, we'll see a demonstration on how to not look like a fool on the OWF...

[quote name='Learz' date='10 April 2010 - 09:48 AM' timestamp='1270907310' post='2255442']
And here we can see the famed Penkala, one of the few creatures known to not have a sense of humor. And if you'll follow me to the next exhibit, we'll see a demonstration on how to not look like a fool on the OWF...
[/quote]

Cool story, bro. "YOU DISAGREE WITH MY ALLIANCE'S DECISIONS AND THUS YOU DO NOT HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR." How do I not have a sense of humor, exactly? You tried to 'start over' and form a new name for your alliance. You did this by changing your name. You changed nothing else. What, do you think it was the name 'Invicta' that got you the reputation you have today? Or do you think that just maybe your terrible reputation is instead derived from the actions you take and the people you let into your government? Just changing the name will do nothing to change your reputation, and will not give you a fresh start. And I find it funny that you think it would.

[quote name='warlordnazrag' date='10 April 2010 - 09:55 AM' timestamp='1270907733' post='2255451']
I might be a bit dense, but where in the UPN-Invicta treaty does it allow for a downgrade? O.o

Also, purple o/
[/quote]

Where in the UPN-Invicta treaty does it allow for skipping the [i]mandatory[/i] defense and aggression support?

Also, [s]purple o/[/s]

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='10 April 2010 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1270907673' post='2255449']
Cool story, bro. "YOU DISAGREE WITH MY ALLIANCE'S DECISIONS AND THUS YOU DO NOT HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR." How do I not have a sense of humor, exactly? You tried to 'start over' and form a new name for your alliance. You did this by changing your name. You changed nothing else. What, do you think it was the name 'Invicta' that got you the reputation you have today? Or do you think that just maybe your terrible reputation is instead derived from the actions you take and the people you let into your government? Just changing the name will do nothing to change your reputation, and will not give you a fresh start. And I find it funny that you think it would.
[/quote]

[quote name='Penkala' date='10 April 2010 - 09:39 AM' timestamp='1270906755' post='2255438']
[/quote]
If you can't see the humor and respond like this, I rest my case. Tee-hee!

[quote]I'm sorry Poseidon took so much of your time you couldn't get around to masking members or something. Seriously, "we want to concentrate on ourselves" is one of the worst explanations ever.[/quote]
Ah yes, the dreaded "make up an explanation, then use that explanation to support your argument." 30% of the time, it works ALL the time!

But to respond to your main post, we're not trying to "start over" as you seem to think. As the OP (and other support posts indicate), we're attempting to spice things up a bit. We're "rebranding," if you will, but that is merely an attempt to inject more theme and character into our alliance, and to make us a bit more distinct and unique. Nowhere did we say we're attempting to change our name, cancel all our treaties, boot half our members, and attempt to radically forge a new direction with our alliance. Seriously. You're reading too much into this. And to drive my point home:
[quote]Just changing the name will do nothing to change your reputation, and will not give you a fresh start.[/quote]
Show me where the OP, or any supporting post, said that. Hint: there isn't.

Haf summarizes it nicely, I believe.
[quote]Reformation might be going too far, but it certainly has elements of that. Refocusing is how I would put this.[/quote]
I hope this clears up some misconceptions.

[/quote]

Gee, that's pretty ironic considering you fall into the same position when I think of CSN. Except for the fact that I don't dislike them because of one person.

[quote name='Thrash' date='10 April 2010 - 10:19 AM' timestamp='1270909135' post='2255472']
Gee, that's pretty ironic considering you fall into the same position when I think of CSN. Except for the fact that I don't dislike them because of one person.
[/quote]

You didn't have to live with him. <_<

Penkala :wub:

[quote name='Penkala' date='10 April 2010 - 08:54 AM' timestamp='1270907673' post='2255449']
You tried to 'start over' and form a new name for your alliance. You did this by changing your name. Nothing else.
[/quote]
You know Penkala, it ain't for nothin' that -- throughout human history -- changes in identity often have been accompanied by changes in name. Ascension to royal positions and the papacy, entrance into a new religious order, and so on are all events that often are accompanied by a name change. Obviously, it doesn't do anything on its own. But it's the first symbolic act in a process of making and giving meaning to other (mostly internal) changes. So unless you have insider knowledge on what's going down inside of Invicta, there isn't a whole lot you can justly say about this topic beyond "Nice start, let's see where this goes."

Oh yeah, and a fellow can also say good luck- we believe in you.

No matter the name, the people are the same. The alliance fought hard in the last war, and I wish you all great success in your new direction.

May Quetzalcoatl smile upon your shores and cause your corn to fruit in plenitude.

[quote name='Straylight' date='09 April 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1270870049' post='2255066']
Changes, even if they're mostly symbolic, can breathe new life and new determination into an alliance. Jorost, congratulations on your long reign. Invicta, good luck with this my friends (even if I still think New Invicta Order would have been cooler :ehm: ).

Hail Regnum Invictorum!
[/quote]
You got it wrong Stray... it was supposed to be New Purple Order... :P

Anyway, congrats on getting your changes announced. I know you have all been working hard at making changes. Good Luck!

o/ Invicta

[quote name='Brenann' date='10 April 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1270953972' post='2256042']
You got it wrong Stray... it was supposed to be New Purple Order... :P
[/quote]
I [i]know![/i] We had petitions and everything.... but Jorost went with Regnum Invictorum...

:P

[quote]I applaud Invicta that they are looking for something that is new and fresh, because I also know that old things can become dull and that changing things a bit here and there can really help you in moving forward or at least regain some activity.

Like my former comrades have said, actions speak louder than words. But it is this action of reforming that showed me you are serious about the new way you are heading. Perhaps this is the start of something new between your alliance and mine.

So I congratulate Invicta.

Good luck.[/quote]

Thank you, Kriekfreak. Considering the bitterness that has passed between us two, you're saying that is significant. I hope you'll accept my personal apologies for my own personal asshattery, of which there was plenty!

[quote]More like Rectum Invictorum... [/quote]

I cannot [i]believe[/i] it took five pages for someone to come up with that. We figured it would be on page one!