Ask a GATO MoFA anything

Alliance Q&As are generally IC matters, and most of the content here appears to be IC. I'm moving this to AA, but if you consider it to be more of a personal thread than an official alliance one, drop me a note and I'll move it again to WA.

Please note if you are posting after this point that the thread is now in an IC area so don't respond to the (few) OOC posts earlier in the thread.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you feel about the ongoing war with Gremlins vs IRON & DAWN. Do you think Gremlins are unreasonable in seeking unconditional surrender or IRON & DAWN in not accepting? Also what do you think of my brilliant political move to get involved?

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='magicninja' date='09 April 2010 - 11:59 AM' timestamp='1270832328' post='2254396']
Finally got clearance to answer this one. Griffy says she already couped GATO but don't tell anyone.
[/quote]

Well I, for one, welcome Brown's new secksi overlordess.

Did you realize shortly after starting this thread that it would produce spin-offs and mimics? Obviously some people, Voodoo_Nova for example, look up to you and only seek to follow in your mere footsteps. That must speak volumes for you and your alliance's personality. What do you have to say about this?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='09 April 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1270870255' post='2255072']
I used to do about 20 alliances when I was an insane newbie diplomat. It's actually not that bad if that's all you're doing, and they're mostly smaller alliances, but it is SORT OF INSANE.

Where's Laserwolf?
[/quote]

I'm still alive and kicking. Magic likes to lock me in my office and bribe Kevlar to keep the key away from me.

What does GATO think of GOONS being at war with members of The Citadel who were previously in an alliance they declared on. Who do you think is wrong, The Citadel for accepting these members while being tech raided or GOONS for continuing to attack them while members of The Citadel?

[quote name='KainIIIC' date='09 April 2010 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1270853149' post='2254696']
On average, how long do you spend staring at, imitating and bobbing your head in sync with Kenadian's avatar?

Who is the most hideous and disgusting Sith?

Will you be able to survive 1 year of being treatied to Doppelganger?

What FA/IA directions and changes do you envision for the future?
[/quote]

ooc I lose track of the time when I do this so I can;t offer a reasonable answer /ooc

Bacon, but only because he lives an hour away.

People have done it in the past. It's the 2 year mark I'm worried about.

I don;t see us moving far away from our current direction. Internally GATO hasn't changed much in it's entire history and there's no reason to start now. We are who are. Everyone knows that.

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='09 April 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1270854679' post='2254718']
Not really asking anything, just wanted to say it was a pleasure working with you during the war(Although I lost my ability to coordinate partway through the war).
[/quote]

Working with you was a fine experience and I think we did well eh? Ronin is a stand up alliance and one I have a lot of respect for.

[quote name='Methrage' date='09 April 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1270861876' post='2254856']
How do you feel about the ongoing war with Gremlins vs IRON & DAWN. Do you think Gremlins are unreasonable in seeking unconditional surrender or IRON & DAWN in not accepting? Also what do you think of my brilliant political move to get involved?
[/quote]

Personally I think Gremlins was being a bit selfish. My own alliance was waiting for everyone to agree to peace so we could move on. I found it a bit unreasonable that those of us who weren't asking for anything as well as those already with agreements in place were kept in the war to secure one alliances demands. I have no issue with CnG and others leaving the battlefield after Gremlins refused to back down off those demands.

You do what you got to do man. I won't berate anyone for doing what they feel is right.

[quote name='MASTABADEY' date='09 April 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1270870967' post='2255086']
Did you realize shortly after starting this thread that it would produce spin-offs and mimics? Obviously some people, Voodoo_Nova for example, look up to you and only seek to follow in your mere footsteps. That must speak volumes for you and your alliance's personality. What do you have to say about this?
[/quote]

GATO owns.

[quote name='Methrage' date='09 April 2010 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1270872220' post='2255107']
What does GATO think of GOONS being at war with members of The Citadel who were previously in an alliance they declared on. Who do you think is wrong, The Citadel for accepting these members while being tech raided or GOONS for continuing to attack them while members of The Citadel?
[/quote]

Well GATO never accepts members if they are in a current war but we do try to secure peace through diplomatic means so they can become members without any problems attached. This is our standard procedure regardless if the war is a declared alliance war, tech raid, or Zi sentence. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='09 April 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1270872819' post='2255120']
How does GATO view \m/?
[/quote]

Ah yes \m/. Well you guys are kind of a counter culture to us. You love tech raiding, we don't. You guys enjoy a bit of fun where GATO tends to be a bit more serious. That doesn't mean we couldn't be friends. The one thing impeding that is the association GATO has with being trolled to death by you guys and GOONS, and the UJP back in it's heyday. Having spent time with you leaders when RAD and IS was still around I know you guys aren't malevolent just because you're bad guys. You're just out for a little fun and hey being bad is usually a lot more fun than being good. I can dig that as long as you keep being bad over there and don't try to have fun with us. :P

[quote name='bakamitai' date='09 April 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1270875115' post='2255166']
When will you get sanction back?

How does GATO feel about NSO?

Most importantly, how did Laserwolf beat me for AC? :ehm:
[/quote]

Time will tell. GATO usually does pretty good with peacetime growth. We gained members during the war so all we need to do is get them on a proper growth plan and continue recruiting well and sanction will come.

I love the guys in NSO for the most part. I'm sure there's a few there who would like nothing more than to see me drawn and quartered in a public square. The GATO-NSO relationship is an interesting one. We want to love eachother as brothers on the brown sphere but our FA directions just seem to be so far apart I'm sure alot of outsiders look at it and wonder how we can sustain it. The personal friendships between our government members is pretty solid.

He is Laserwolf man. Better not to ask and just roll with it.