How to change an alliance?

au202

Hi

I got bored with my current alliance and I would like to change it.

What should I do?

I heard some of my friends, when they simply changed their alliance,
they were attacked by their old alliances.

How common are the chances of this happening?

Are people in alliances slave to their own alliance?

[quote name='au202' date='09 April 2010 - 06:48 AM' timestamp='1270817316' post='2254224']
Are people in alliances slave to their own alliance?
[/quote]

Depends on your alliance. Usually not. If you want to avoid it, join alliance where mature people are playing.

[quote name='au202' date='09 April 2010 - 06:48 AM' timestamp='1270817316' post='2254224']
How common are the chances of this happening?
[/quote]

Im not familiar with your alliance, but approximately:

90% if you will call everybody morons and losers before leaving
10% if you will politely explain why are you leaving before doing so

Edited by Evileel

Most alliances have a process for nations to follow if they wish to leave the alliance. Some are casual about it and others follow a rigid format. Most of those attacked for leaving usually have run afoul of the alliance's charter regarding the steps needed to leave. In many cases the alliance is at war and simply leaving is considered desertion or the nations received aid in their time in the alliance and didn't make arrangements for the repayment of that aid. Every alliance has it's own rules regarding nations exiting the alliance, you just need to find out what the process is for the alliance you're leaving and follow it.

I think it depends on when and how you leave. If your alliance is at war and you leave, they'll likely consider you a deserter, for instance. If they've recently given you a bunch of money or tech, and you leave, that might peeve them off. If you scream and yell and call everyone names, that increases the chances that there will be hard feelings, and possible war. If you spy on them, give info to an enemy, and get caught, you can expect problems.

I think that 95% of the times that an alliance attacks someone after they leave, it's because of something like that.

If you don't cause a lot of drama, don't run off with a bunch of aid they just gave you, don't spy on them, and don't abandon them while they are at war, I think it's very likely that you can just resign and move on with no problems.