An Aqua Defense Initiative Announcement

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/cybernations/images/thumb/3/38/Flag_of_ADI.svg/375px-Flag_of_ADI.svg.png[/img]

[size="5"][color="#00FFFF"][u][b]A Message from the Aqua Defense Initiative[/b][/u][/color][/size][/center]

Members of the Cyberverse,

It is with a heavy heart I come to you today, as this has not been an easy decision to make. I have decided to resign from my position as Lord High Sentinel of the Aqua Defense Initiative. I will be naming Nathan Grant as my successor. He has my full confidence, and I believe he has the abilities to lead ADI back to prosperity.

Some may end up wondering why I am doing this, well it's very simple: I am tired, and I also never quite felt at home leading ADI. It's been an interesting ride during my time as Lord High Sentinel. I have battled an overall low public opinion of ADI, worked day and night speaking with those who expressed a low opinion of ADI, dealt with a fairly damaging war, and yet I haven't regretted a single minute of it. I got to meet a lot of great people, even among those that I should consider enemies. Now, of course, there are a lot of alliances I had the pleasure of working with in my time as LHS, so it's time for shoutouts:

[b]To FEAR:[/b] I absolutely loved dealing with all you guys, it was an absolute pleasure being your ally through thick and thin. You are all a great group of people that deserve every ounce of respect I could possibly muster.
[b]To NATO:[/b] You were also a group of people I found I could always count on. Being considered a friend of yours was both and honor and privilege.
[b]To GUN:[/b] Our Aqua buddy, I will never forget the pleasure I had working with all of you.
[b]To UCN:[/b] UCN, also a group of people I'd consider my friends. I got to know all of you when I was Lord of Foreign Affairs, and we were writing the "Ruffles Are Better Than Lays" Accords. I still prefer the first title we came up with, Darkfox knows what I'm talking about.
[b]To LSN:[/b] Our fast-growing protectorate, it has been an absolute pleasure watching you grow to be almost as strong as your protector! Robster, I wish you the very best of luck as you continue your way towards a sanction.
[b]To RoK:[/b] While I understand shoutouts are typically supposed to be directed towards good friends, I have been one to consider the respect for my naysayers in the highest regards. We had our issues, yes, however I am very happy that we managed to work past them and come to a mutual agreement.
[b]To the Opposition (People who didn't like us):[/b] It has been a pleasure having all the fun-filled debates and while some of you may think I never listened to a word you said, I listened and respected every single word that went through my mind, I just happened to disagree with you here and there. I have always been a firm believer in respecting your opponent, and that is just what I did, I pray that I made a difference for some of you.

And above all:

[b]To ADI:[/b] It has been an absolute pleasure serving as your Lord High Sentinel, and as I am sure you already know, you'll be in good hands with my successor. The members of ADI were among some of the best people I have met in Planet Bob, and it was an absolute honor serving you each day. I wish all of you luck, and I pray that ADI succeeds beyond anything we ever dreamed. Good luck.

Now, this is starting to get incredibly long, so it is about time I take my leave. Good luck to all, and it has been a pleasure working with all of you.

Sincerely,
[i]Lord Tri of Tribathia[/i]
Lord High Sentinel Emeritus
[b]Aqua Defense Initiative[/b]

[img]http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae100/Bigles427/150px-Royal_Seal_of_ADIsvg.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Lord Tri' date='09 April 2010 - 03:42 AM' timestamp='1270795358' post='2254089']

[b]To NATO:[/b] You were also a group of people I found I could always count on. Being considered a friend of yours was both and honor and privilege.

[/quote]

I didn't know you, but it takes a lot of courage and willpower to leave a position of such High Authority, no matter the size or public opinion of the alliance. o/

I also like what you said about NATO. :D

Ok, this needs to be said. ADI you need to stop making announcements on the OWF every week. In your position you're just asking for the responses you've been getting. Stay quite and make friends in private. I know its fun for leaders to make announcements on the owf, but there is a point where its not good for your alliance.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='09 April 2010 - 08:03 AM' timestamp='1270796567' post='2254105']
Ok, this needs to be said. ADI you need to stop making announcements on the OWF every week. In your position you're just asking for the responses you've been getting. Stay quite and make friends in private. I know its fun for leaders to make announcements on the owf, but there is a point where its not good for your alliance.
[/quote]

I'd say that the resignation of an alliance's supreme leader with virtually unlimited power and informing the world of his replacement qualifies for an announcement. But then again, I'm biased, I made the announcement :blink:

And by the way, thanks everyone for the kind words.

Edited by Lord Tri

[quote name='Lord Tri' date='09 April 2010 - 03:19 AM' timestamp='1270797526' post='2254115']
I'd say that the resignation of an alliance's supreme leader with virtually unlimited power and informing the world of his replacement qualifies for an announcement. But then again, I'm biased, I made the announcement :blink:

And by the way, thanks everyone for the kind words.
[/quote]

Now with 100% more modesty.

Best of luck with this week's newest gov't.

Way to feed the rogues attacking your alliance, as if you hadn't enough already. I do [i]not[/i] admire your resolve. But of course, I guess that's why you're stepping down.

Sincerely, I wish you luck ADI. Chin up, and if you pull through this intact, then you will respected by me just for that.

[quote name='mylife125' date='09 April 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1270828541' post='2254335']
Ahhh MAN!! I was hoping for a disbandment announcement...Any who i guess congrats to the new head mofo..
[/quote]

As fond as I am of Lucas Perry, I think I'll remember little bits like this for the next time you folks make an announcement ;)

So many thoughts to which I cannot put into words. Perhaps best left unsaid.

Congrats to Nathan Grant on his appointment. I look forward to speaking with you and the rest of ADI leadership as you attempt to restore ADI's potential.

My forum is still waiting to recieve your diplomat, and my door is always open should ADI ever require any honest advice or unofficial assistance from this founder who left but never stopped caring about the fate of the alliance he put so much into.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='09 April 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1270843843' post='2254567']
Didn't you get this job like three weeks ago?
[/quote]

this job has a 100% casualty rate.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='09 April 2010 - 08:32 AM' timestamp='1270827144' post='2254320']
Well good luck to you Tri, you certainly were one of the good ones. Hopefully you bounce back.
[/quote]

The Pantless Gecko sums things up nicely as always, good luck to you Tri.