GOONS Declaration of War

[quote name='Methrage' date='09 April 2010 - 10:06 AM' timestamp='1270825547' post='2254303']
And what does calling people rude names have to do with GOON leadership or anything involving this thread?

Edit: If your talking about Umar I don't think your worthy of being in the same alliance as him, you don't bring up accusations like that against an alliance mate due to a non-alliance member complimenting him.
[/quote]

hahaha, you're so out of touch with our alliance culture that you actually thought I was using "being rude about people on IRC" as an insult.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lamuella' date='09 April 2010 - 11:30 AM' timestamp='1270827012' post='2254319']
hahaha, you're so out of touch with our alliance culture that you actually thought I was using "being rude about people on IRC" as an insult.
[/quote]
If you meant being rude on IRC was the golden standard to being a good GOON leader as good thing, then nice selection process I must say. :P

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Lamuella' date='09 April 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1270827579' post='2254323']
I was joking around with a fellow alliance member. No need to get sand lodged in hard to reach places. Not every comment needs you replying to it saying "And what's THAT supposed to mean?"
[/quote]
I was joking about how that would work out as a leadership standard, no need to get defensive. You were joking about it in a similar context?

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='citizenkane' date='09 April 2010 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1270828498' post='2254334']
He's means war. This is a DoW right?
[/quote]

Hmm.....could be either, imo, depends on how you look at it! One thing is sure; it looks the same from CSA's pov......it's an $@!-whooping :awesome:

edit: forgot quote

Edited by Derwood1

[quote name='Lamuella' date='09 April 2010 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1270825354' post='2254298']
indeed. Ability to call people rude names on IRC is the real gold standard.
[/quote]

True this. :awesome:

Good luck GOONS, I pity the foo who aids people who go rogue on you ;)

[quote name='Nobody Expects' date='09 April 2010 - 09:25 AM' timestamp='1270830320' post='2254366']
1/10 - Announcement promises so much, and on further investigation delivers soo little :)
[/quote]
Terribly sorry, next time we'll try to have a more interesting alliance aid the rogues attacking us.

Edited by ktarthan

It's a formal Declaration of War. This shows me that GOONS, at least, respects The Confederate States of America as an alliance. Therefore, salute to both parties.

(does feel a bit strange NOT arguing against the GOONS position for once, but it had to happen at some point :P)

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='White Chocolate' date='09 April 2010 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1270831541' post='2254386']
It's a formal Declaration of War. This shows me that GOONS, at least, respects The Confederate States of America as an alliance. Therefore, salute to both parties.

(does feel a bit strange NOT arguing against the GOONS position for once, but it had to happen at some point :P)
[/quote]

Thank you. There was initially a bit of confusion as to whether we were going to do this officially or not. In the end, we felt aiding known and established enemies of GOONS and harboring them was an intolerable aggressive act, and wanted to make the point.

I do rather wish they were larger so it could be a bit more exciting or "fairer" as some of you seem to think. Either way, this aggression will not stand, man.

[quote name='Boogeyman657' date='09 April 2010 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1270837191' post='2254464']
Tsk tsk tsk.
[/quote]

Hope you're tsk'ing at the fool that left your alliance to start this whole mess. Spudtech skipped out on the Order of Aquila three days ago.

[quote name='nippy' date='09 April 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1270849648' post='2254651']
Hope you're tsk'ing at the fool that left your alliance to start this whole mess. Spudtech skipped out on the Order of Aquila three days ago.
[/quote]

And what if I'm not tsk'ing at the fool that left OA? What are you going to do about it? :v: