Summit in Tenochtitlan

Bull Run

[center][font="Courier New"]From the Desk of La Líder,
A formal invitation to the Northern Republic, Holy American Empire & Louisiana to the Capital of the Glorious Aztec Empire, Tenochtitlan to view the progress of the new State & to meet with our great leader, Alexi Silva to discuss relations. Security detail are welcome but will be provided. [/font][/center]

[center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/87/Coat_of_arms_of_Mexico_(1821-1823).svg/200px-Coat_of_arms_of_Mexico_(1821-1823).svg.png[/img][/center]

[font="Courier New"]Partido Nacional del
Imperio Glorioso Azteca[/font]
[left][img]http://www.learntoquestion.com/seevak/groups/1999/sites/chavez/graphics/eagle.gif[/img][/left]

[quote name='KingChris' date='07 April 2010 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1270690938' post='2252496']
OOC: Since I'm your neighbor, can I come as an observer?
[/quote]

[font="Courier New"]American observers are welcome to view the parade, enjoy a city-wide tour, & sit in for any non private talks between the formally invited & our empress.[/font]

In preperation to receive neighboring American representatives, Tenochtitlan put on its best face. Alexi knew that looks DO matter and made it a point to put as much attention to beautifying the city as she did to herself. Mass decorating left the cities downtown area gleaming & glittering in flags, bright colors of fresh paint over the once bland, concrete grey buildings, while the city center was made more formal large collumns lined the main street atoped with carved Plummed Serpents & Mesoamerican designs. The National Palace & Main Plaza where to be the very symbol of "Neo-Aztec" economic resurgence & raw power & red Coatl Party flags where strung to the tops of polls, reaching down to shoe level. Construction efforts throughout the city continued with double speed to clearly demonstrate the physical manifestation of the glorious new vision that now consumed the Mexican people.

Straight faced troops in dark green uniforms, crossed with red shoulder bands with party symbols hoisted party flags as well as green flags that simply read: "Obsidiana". They took position in and around the Main Plaza, currently closed to the public. Mexican and Coatl Party flags drapped down from the National Palace, traffic was diverted from the main street, & crowds filled designated places around police & military lines. Now the other American representatives would be arriving soon, driven past monuments, construction sites, & the most attractive parts of the massive city ending at the Plaza where they will be greeted by Quetzalcoatl Alexi & President Diaz...

A young child stares curiously at a soldier standing stiff on the first corner of the main street holding the flag of teh Obsidian Guard. Crowds by now had filled the sidewalk but paid careful attention to leave the highly respected guardsmen adequate room. The small boy approaches the Obsidian guard & tugs on his pant leg. [i]"Are you alive?"[/i] the boy asks. [i]"Go back to your mother."[/i] the soldier responds coldly. The boys looks around then back to the guardsmen [i]"What are we waiting for?"[/i] the soldier sighs then recites a cleary practiced response, [i]"My duty is to await & recieve the respected representatives upon their arrival. Should any complications arise, I understand it is my full duty to see to it that the situation is quickly resolved by any means deemed necessary. For the Empire I put forth my life." "Oh, okay"[/i] the boy begins, [i]"Are we really the strongest?"[/i] the soldier (now annoyed) growls [i]"Yes, of course we are!..And straighten your shirt, do you want us to look like barbarians?!"[/i]

All was ready for the summit...

Michael Croix arrived in Mexico City, and as his limousine drove him through the streets he marveled at how much work was put into sprucing up the city. Flags flew high, soldiers were at attention in polished uniforms, it was a sight to see. Michael was happy he chose to attend the conference personally instead of sending a diplomat to represent Louisianan interests. As his limousine pulled up to the area where he was scheduled to meet the other diplomats, he was almost sad to enter the building as he was enjoying the sites so much.

The Emperor eyed the city warily, his artificial eye documenting what appeared to be a rather disturbingly fascist upsurge in the local government. A full, careful analysis was necessary to determine whether the new regime was harmful in their ideology or if the changes were purely for the good. Regardless, the Emperor walked from the regional airport flanked by his First Consul.

President Ármannsson landed at the airport and was driven to the building where discussions would take place. He nodded at the various monuments scattered around the city along they way but had mixed feelings about the parade and displays of overt nationalism. He was glad to see these people forming a cohesive government and nation after the recent anarchy but it all seemed a little artificial, as if these people were trying to hard to please him. Regardless, Ísólfur smiled and enjoyed the ride to his destination.

He got out of the car flanked by an aide from the President's office and walked inside, pleasantly surprised to see his good friend Michael Croix. He greeted the man as they waited for the meeting to begin.

The President got an urgent message on the phone and his smile slowly faded into a frown. He mumbled a "right away" before putting his phone away and whispered something into Michael's ear. He hugged the man and wished him well before turning and walking back into the car where he was promptly taken back to the airport and flown back to the Northern Republic's capital.

The aide had stayed behind and quickly uttered a response to the bewildered stares. "It appears that war has just commenced in the most bizarre of circumstances and the President was immediately needed back home. He's sorry he couldn't stay but I've been authorized to talk on his behalf."

Edited by Californian

Michael's face turned pale as his friend whispered the words of war into his ear, quickly, Michael hugged his friend back before jogging back to his limousine where he would be taken to the airport and quickly flown back to Louisiana. A message would be sent to Alexi Silva from aboard the plane.

[quote]Ms. Silva,

I apologies but war has broken out close to home and I am needed in Louisiana.

Best of Regards,

Michael Croix
Chancellor of Louisiana
[/quote]

President Diaz nods after reading the letter & being informed of terrorist assult on the Northern Republic. His head hangs for a while, then he straightens and takes a seat. Alexi orders the guards in the room to leave. [i]"This tragic turn of events is at the very least heart breaking. Our small nation of course will offer any aid we can in united efforts to get to the source of the terrorist attack."[/i] Looking towards the HAE Emperor & President Ármannsson's aide. [i]"The point of this summit was to solidify some sort of relationship with the three nations we credit with allowing us the oportunity to make something...somethign great of this country, as well as to open up to other neighboring American nations. While our goals will not be fully met, we will not allow a cowardly act of terror put to rest our efforts for constructive, friendly relations with our friends."[/i]

Alexi, with a stressed expression, turns to President Diaz. He understood she was preparing to say something that they had not discussed. He listened closely as she began. [i]"I...What I want you to understand..I am well aware of the situation in my country. Our people are back to work, the economy is in a positive climb. All of this is clear. But the reaction to these radical changes, which have at last been for the better, has been something no one had imagined. It was wrong of me to be tempted, I know I am no god..My only wish is to help my people, empower my nation, and so aid our allies & our continent. What my nation faces now is the threat of collapse yet again. Our success has braught forth migration in waves that we had not, & could not of prepared for."[/i]

President Diaz stands, [i]"What we are asking is your help yet again. Vital for our survival as a nation of law, order, protected rights, & expanding freedoms is being allowed the means of maintaining our population. Our leadership has proved its capabilities, & our people are ready. It is time for us to expand or face anarchy yet again. Without your help, we cannot guarentee stability in our region."[/i]

Alexi nods then turns back to the guests, [i]"We ask with all our respect & stress every ounce of urgency that we be granted expansion through middle Mexico. The specific states being Hidalgo & Mexico State, Queretaro, Guanajuato, Michoacan, & San Luis Potosi. In return I personally promise the expansion of economic success, oportunity, laws, & freedoms over all our lands. What I also guarentee is the gradual relinquishment of my powers as I oversee the establishment of a strong federal, democratic government that will not allow my people to fall victems to anarchy again. Allowing for this expansions will forever put us in your debt as our greatest allies, & true saviors of Mexico." [/i]